Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 583 of 751 FirstFirst ... 83483533573581582583584585593633683 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,830 of 7503
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    No, I do not want to request rating with a separate call - this would be slow for a large queue of items. I'm only going to obtain rating via the 'R' tags parameter. Why does your plugin not also set the rating in LMS? TrackStat appears to do this - as in if I set a rating via Material it is returned in the 'R' parameter.
    Just for information.

If I remember correctly I suspect TrackStat refresh functionality might result in issues if it’s enabled and ratings are set with something else than “trackstat setrating” command. This command will write to both TrackStat tables and core LMS tables so a rating set with TrackStat should always be visible if you obtain ratings with the ‘R’ tags parameter. However, if you set the rating some other way the refresh functionality in TrackStat executed after rescans and at LMS startup might cause issues since it will overwrite changed ratings in core LMS with the ones in TrackStat tables. It won’t be an issue for new ratings since those aren’t overwritten but I think it will restore changed ratings. So if people use Material skin and that doesn’t use the trackstat setrating command they will likely get confusing behavior.

Note, it’s really TrackStat that does the wrong thing here, I’m just mentioning it in case someone have strange behavior due to this. I’m not sure the ‘R’ flag existed in core LMS when TrackStat was implemented, at least I wasn’t aware of it. Unfortunately, I’m unlikely to personally get the time to fix it in TrackStat in the foreseeable future. So to sum it up, if Material doesn’t use the TrackStat command, people using Material skin and TrackStat plugin should probably verify how it works before setting ratings with Material skin.
    Last edited by erland; 2020-11-28 at 20:05.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    Just for information.

If I remember correctly I suspect TrackStat refresh functionality might result in issues if it’s enabled and ratings are set with something else than “trackstat setrating” command. This command will write to both TrackStat tables and core LMS tables so a rating set with TrackStat should always be visible if you obtain ratings with the ‘R’ tags parameter. However, if you set the rating some other way the refresh functionality in TrackStat executed after rescans and at LMS startup might cause issues since it will overwrite changed ratings in core LMS with the ones in TrackStat tables. It won’t be an issue for new ratings since those aren’t overwritten but I think it will restore changed ratings. So if people use Material skin and that doesn’t use the trackstat setrating command they will likely get confusing behavior.

Note, it’s really TrackStat that does the wrong thing here, I’m just mentioning it in case someone have strange behavior due to this. I’m not sure the ‘R’ flag existed in core LMS when TrackStat was implemented, at least I wasn’t aware of it. Unfortunately, I’m unlikely to personally get the time to fix it in TrackStat in the foreseeable future. So to sum it up, if Material doesn’t use the TrackStat command, people using Material skin and TrackStat plugin should probably verify how it works before setting ratings with Material skin.
    Why do you think there would be issues? Material will only set ratings via TackStat. However, due to speed reasons, it will only read ratings via LMS's songinfo "tags:R" flag. If TrackStat's setrating updates LMS (as it appears to for me) then there is no issue.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Material Skin Browser Tab Format

Could I ask a small favour? Could the browser tab title format be changed to Title - Artist::Logitech Media Server instead of Title · Artist:Logitech Media Server. (note the proposed hyphen between Title and Artist).

I'm setting up a small personal radio station and picking up the metadata from the player browser tab. I think the · (dot) character is causing my Icecast client software to display errors between the Artist and Title.

I'm very new to this and don't know if it's the software or the character and don't mean to cast any aspersions on Material Skin which I think is brilliant.

When it works:

Name:  working.JPG
Views: 270
Size:  29.6 KB

When it doesn't:

Name:  Doesn't.JPG
Views: 267
Size:  27.6 KB
    Music Store and VPN Server: Synology DS215J NAS
    Study Server: LMS 8.1.0 on Pi 4B pCp 7.0.0/IQ Audio DAC+
    Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Server/Player LMS 8.1.0 on Pi 4B pCp 7.0.0/IQ Audio DAC+
    LAN Players: x2: pCp 7.0.0 on Pi 3B / IQ Audio DAC+
    LAN Player/ADC pCp 7.0.0 on Pi 3B / IQ audio Codec +
    PC Players: x2: Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC.
    VPN Mobile & Car Player: Material/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone

Why do you think there would be issues? Material will only set ratings via TackStat. However, due to speed reasons, it will only read ratings via LMS's songinfo "tags:R" flag. If TrackStat's setrating updates LMS (as it appears to for me) then there is no issue.
    As long as you set ratings via TrackStat there isn’t any issues. Reading can be done either via TrackStat or via tags:R as you currently do. If any other plug-in available modifies rating it currently needs to be done via TrackStat if one want it to work properly if TrackStat is installed.

Someone said TrackStat wasn’t needed to use ratings these days and I incorrectly assumed that this meant that Material skin somehow set ratings directly towards core LMS. Sorry for the confusion.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

iOS specific questions

The LMS 8.0.0 announcement got my attention and I'm very impressed with the Material skin. I'm looking to use it to replace iPeng as my standard UI.

I've been trying to make it easier to play a song from the browse pane on the iPad. When I use Material from a PC I get a hover-over play button, but since there is no hover on a tablet there I don't get the same button. Is there a way to just show it for all entries?

What is clicking on a song supposed to do? Right now it highlights it in grey, but doesn't do anything. I have to click the context menu.

I've tried turning on "Always Show Menu" which says that it will show the context menu when I click anywhere on the audio item, but that doesn't appear to do anything (I get the same behavior regardless of how I've set that option). It seems like this would solve my problem if it worked -- is there something that I need to do after toggling this?

I'm using Material 2.0.2 on LMS 8.0.0 with iOS 14.2.

thanks,
    alex

Quote Originally Posted by ian_heys View Post
    Could I ask a small favour? Could the browser tab title format be changed to Title - Artist::Logitech Media Server instead of Title · Artist:Logitech Media Server.
    Done for 2.1.0
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Quote Originally Posted by awetmore View Post
    I've tried turning on "Always Show Menu" which says that it will show the context menu when I click anywhere on the audio item, but that doesn't appear to do anythin
    Setting works for me, it causes the menu to always be shown when clicking on a track.

Done for 2.1.0
    Thanks. I'll check it out as soon as the next update comes.
    Music Store and VPN Server: Synology DS215J NAS
    Study Server: LMS 8.1.0 on Pi 4B pCp 7.0.0/IQ Audio DAC+
    Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Server/Player LMS 8.1.0 on Pi 4B pCp 7.0.0/IQ Audio DAC+
    LAN Players: x2: pCp 7.0.0 on Pi 3B / IQ Audio DAC+
    LAN Player/ADC pCp 7.0.0 on Pi 3B / IQ audio Codec +
    PC Players: x2: Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC.
    VPN Mobile & Car Player: Material/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone

Hey @cpd73:

I wrote a simple rating plugin called Ratings Light. It would be nice to see Material enable ratings when this plugin is installed. Please let me know if you're planning to add support.
    FYI while I was testing this plugin with Material is created a library with 45000 (fake) artists and set your batch_size constant to 50000. Material is so fast and efficient that it only took about 2 seconds on my 9 years+ hardware to load the complete artists menu. Congrats.

Setting works for me, it causes the menu to always be shown when clicking on a track.
    When I posted last night I was testing through albums in my favorites (the albums happen to come from Spotty), and it doesn't work when I'm there. I do see it working when I'm going through my library (both on Spotty and local music).