Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 573 of 750 FirstFirst ... 73473523563571572573574575583623673 ... LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,730 of 7492
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    I canse why you'd want that, but the view is closed.
    Yes, "the view is closed" means a return to the originating page/view, right? This is how the (i) button in Material Mobile works when in "Playing" layout, but that's not how it behaves in Desktop equivalent. In Desktop, start on "Expanded now playing" view, click (i) button "on", then click (i) button "off"; it takes you to the "Collapsed now playing" view rather than back to the originating view which was "Expanded now playing". Thanks.

if LMS does not return your rating when 'tags:R' is used there is no use in this setting within Material unless TrackStat is installed. That was my main point. And you still have not answered this - perhaps because you don't know?
    Maybe another misunderstanding: I think queries with 'tags:R' only return the rating value stored in the LMS tracks_persistent database, not the rating value from TrackStat's own database called track_statistics, although they can be identical.

So it seems Material gets the rating from the LMS tracks_persistent database while I thought you'd get it directly from TrackStat using 'trackstat', 'getrating', 'track_id'.

Now I understand why my plugin never logged any requests from Material. Even though I don't use TrackStat anymore my plugin supports the 'trackstat', 'getrating', 'track_id' request and returns the keys/values 'rating' (0-5) and 'ratingpercentage' (0-100) (just like TrackStat).

So in short, if Material requested the rating for a track directly from TrackStat using 'trackstat', 'getrating', 'track_id' it would get the correct answer from my plugin (as if TrackStat had answered it). But 'tags:R' only requests the rating value from the LMS tracks_persistent database. In my case it will not return anything. This database doesn't contain any rating values because I don't use TrackStat (don't rate songs in LMS) nor plugins like CustomScan.

Quote Originally Posted by afriend View Post
    Maybe another misunderstanding: I think queries with 'tags:R' only return the rating value stored in the LMS tracks_persistent database, not the rating value from TrackStat's own database called track_statistics, although they can be identical.

So it seems Material gets the rating from the LMS tracks_persistent database while I thought you'd get it directly from TrackStat using 'trackstat', 'getrating', 'track_id'.

Now I understand why my plugin never logged any requests from Material. Even though I don't use TrackStat anymore my plugin supports the 'trackstat', 'getrating', 'track_id' request and returns the keys/values 'rating' (0-5) and 'ratingpercentage' (0-100) (just like TrackStat).

So in short, if Material requested the rating for a track directly from TrackStat using 'trackstat', 'getrating', 'track_id' it would get the correct answer from my plugin (as if TrackStat had answered it). But 'tags:R' only requests the rating value from the LMS tracks_persistent database. In my case it will not return anything. This database doesn't contain any rating values because I don't use TrackStat (don't rate songs in LMS) nor plugins like CustomScan.
    No, I do not want to request rating with a separate call - this would be slow for a large queue of items. I'm only going to obtain rating via the 'R' tags parameter. Why does your plugin not also set the rating in LMS? TrackStat appears to do this - as in if I set a rating via Material it is returned in the 'R' parameter.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

2.0.2 Release

Bug-fix release, main changes:

1. Various drag'n'drop fixes.
    2. Set light background for text files.
    3. Refresh apps list if change player whilst listing apps.
    4. Disable 'Toggle queue' button if now-playing is expanded or info is open.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

The stock web skin shows an All Songs item for the BandCamp plug-in. This is very useful, esp. for albums with many tracks.

Name:  PlayAllStock.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  28.7 KB

Material is missing this menu, and that makes adding an album much more work:

Name:  PlayAllMaterial.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  40.2 KB

Any chance this could be added?

Quote Originally Posted by MrC View Post
    The stock web skin shows an All Songs item for the BandCamp plug-in.
    Material hides the 'All Songs' entries - as I do not like them. For local browsing 'All songs' is in the subtoolbar, but for apps its hidden. The add-all/play-all buttons, for me at least, replace the need for this.

This is very useful, esp. for albums with many tracks.
    So, you show an album with 2 tracks? The add-all/play-all is hidden if there are less than 3 tracks. Hence, why on this example they are not shown. The reason for requiring more than 2 tracks is that Bandcamp has lots of lists with just "Listen as pocast" and "Listen as songs" - and I did not think add-all/play-all was useful here.

So, you show an album with 2 tracks? The add-all/play-all is hidden if there are less than 3 tracks. Hence, why on this example they are not shown. The reason for requiring more than 2 tracks is that Bandcamp has lots of lists with just "Listen as pocast" and "Listen as songs" - and I did not think add-all/play-all was useful here.
    I knew I'd seen it before, but thought it must have been removed (since I didn't see it in this recent example).

Would it be possible to first filter the /Listen as..../ items out of the list, then do your item count test against 0? That way, my example album has the button, but those Bandcamp entries to which you refer, do not.

I knew I'd seen it before, but thought it must have been removed (since I didn't see it in this recent example).

Would it be possible to first filter the /Listen as..../ items out of the list, then do your item count test against 0? That way, my example album has the button, but those Bandcamp entries to which you refer, do not.
    No. Because for that example the "Listen..." entries are the only playable entries.

[Edit] Material does have some code to add add-all/play-all if a list has an 'All songs' entry, but this list does not. Checked with SqueezeCtrl and it does not show an all songs entry. The default web UI must have some code of its ownto add such an entry.
    Last edited by cpd73; 2020-11-10 at 15:00.

No. Because for that example the "Listen..." entries are the only playable entries.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding. By Filter Out, i meant *only* for testing the item count, not for what you present in terms of the listed items on the LHS.

In other words, if the filtered list contains > 0 items, present the Add All Items button.

Otherwise, do not present the Add All Items button.

In either case, present the original list on the LHS (not a filtered list).

[Edit] Just saw your edit. Ignore then, if what I'm saying isn't helpful.

Craig,

Just wanted to drop in and say again, I really like Material Skin and thank you so much for your work in creating it for us all to enjoy. I got a new Denon Receiver a few weeks ago and I tried out their "HEOS" system. Nah, Squeezebox + Material Skin is better!

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X