Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 571 of 748 FirstFirst ... 71471521561569570571572573581621671 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,710 of 7479
  1. #5701
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron F. View Post
    Craig, I have to say that a reason I post my nitpicks here, is because your project is so darn close to perfection. You deserve nothing short of a thunderous applause in your material development.
    Material Skin is what turned me into a serious member of this community. When Craig started this thread, just a little more than two years ago, I was an occasional reader of these forums and had posted a total of nine times. Following this thread from its beginning, I have learned about many useful features of LMS that I had been unaware of. Nearly two years ago, I said that Material was already my favorite tool for controlling LMS from my phone. It still is, and even though I still prefer the default interface for many purposes on the desktop, I often turn to Material there, too. (Especially when doing ad hoc synchronization or anything that can use Material's multi-select feature.) Material has enhanced LMS in many ways and continues to add enhancements.

    Thanks, Craig! Thunderous applause, indeed!
    LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players, occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

  2. #5702
    formerly known as Fletch
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,303
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
    When Craig started this thread, just a little more than two years ago,
    Wow, I can't believe it's been 2 years already. (I guess this last year has been a little unusual...)

  3. #5703
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Should be easy enough, but will have to wait for 2.1.0 - I've added an issue on github so that it is not forgotten: https://github.com/CDrummond/lms-material/issues/371
    Great! Looking forward - Material rocks!
    No matter 1-5 or 1-10 rating is used - "0" would be the ideal shortcut to remove erroneously set rating or ratings of songs you want to ban from favorite your songs

  4. #5704
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Miksis View Post
    Wow, I can't believe it's been 2 years already. (I guess this last year has been a little unusual...)
    two years of I guess countless hours of design, coding and test - materialized into the best of class interface for the most flexible music server ever seen!
    My best investment in LMS related software beside Erland's brilliant Plugin-Suite and Charles Parker's Spicefly Sugarcube - not to speak of Michael the brain of the LMS platform.
    Hope everybody knows that there is the possibility to acknowledge this great piece of work >>here<<

  5. #5705
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    168

    Auto start SB Player

    Hi cpd73

    I'm using material apk v0.1.4 on my phone with SB Player and lms 8 on a pi in my car connecting to bluetooth for playback...all works great so thanks. Was wondering if it were possible to have an option to start
    SB Player automatically when the material app is opened?

  6. #5706
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    I did implement showing ratings without TrackStat, but not convinced. Looks odd to have empty stars and no way of setting.

    [Edit] Currently implemented in the 2.1 branch, but I'm still not 100% sure...
    Thank you. So I've checked out the 2.1 branch version. Unfortunately, out of the box no ratings are displayed (except the empty stars). It doesn't pick up any of the values my plugin provides.

    I understand perfectly that this is a niche case and therefore I need to fork your repo and implement this myself. But your Material skin is a complex and beautiful beast. Could you maybe do me a favor and tell me
    where exactly in the code Material gets/receives the rating for the currently playing song? I did go through your code (esp. the js files) and found the setrating lmscommand but it almost seemed as if rating was part of the playerstatus reply which I learned in jivelite normally doesn't include a rating value. Or so I thought.

    I could try to modify the existing rating query to pick up a rating value from my plugin - or
    if that doesn't work I could try to add a server request for the comment tag and translate keywords into ratings. (That's what I did with jivelite's NowPlaying screen.)

    Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

    P.S.
    And yes, you are absolutely correct. Empty stars are irritating. That's why I left the space empty if the track is unrated and only displayed stars if there is a rating.

  7. #5707
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,874
    Quote Originally Posted by afriend View Post
    Thank you. So I've checked out the 2.1 branch version. Unfortunately, out of the box no ratings are displayed (except the empty stars). It doesn't pick up any of the values my plugin provides.

    I understand perfectly that this is a niche case and therefore I need to fork your repo and implement this myself. But your Material skin is a complex and beautiful beast. Could you maybe do me a favor and tell me
    where exactly in the code Material gets/receives the rating for the currently playing song? I did go through your code (esp. the js files) and found the setrating lmscommand but it almost seemed as if rating was part of the playerstatus reply which I learned in jivelite normally doesn't include a rating value. Or so I thought.
    Ratings are sent by LMS in the status response - but only if 'R' is included in the 'tags:' parameter. Material will only add 'R' in the status request if ratings are being shown.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

  8. #5708
    Senior Member Apesbrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,697
    Two small suggestions:

    1. In "Now playing" view, when you click "off" the "Track information" icon it should return to the "Now playing" view.

    2. Again in "Now playing" view, the "Toggle queue" icon serves no purpose.

    This in Chrome on Win 10. Thanks.

  9. #5709
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    Two small suggestions:

    1. In "Now playing" view, when you click "off" the "Track information" icon it should return to the "Now playing" view.

    2. Again in "Now playing" view, the "Toggle queue" icon serves no purpose.

    This in Chrome on Win 10. Thanks.
    With regard to the Toggle Queue button, would it be possible to also toggle so that the Playlist is shown full screen? It would be very useful to be able to see the full names of certain tracks (usually classical tracks) which are otherwise cut off. I know that on the PC you can adjust the amount of space given to the playlist but that isn't available on a tablet. In any case, even with the PC, you can't adjust the screen to show just the playlist.

  10. #5710
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Ratings are sent by LMS in the status response - but only if 'R' is included in the 'tags:' parameter. Material will only add 'R' in the status request if ratings are being shown.
    I think I found a solution. I only need a little help implementing it:

    #1 I could include 'k' in the default 'tags:' that Material requests. Then the comment tag value is already present in the playerstatus response. ✅
    #3 You kindly enabled the display of read only ratings already in the 2.1 branch. So if there is a rating value Material would display it. ✅

    #2 So all I need now is Material to translate keywords in a track's comment tag (if present, else rating = 0) and set this as the rating value (= as if the 'R' tag had returned this value).

    In jivelite's NowPlaying screen this function would do it:
    Code:
    	local ratingKeyword = "favstars"
    	local tracktext_glow_keyword = "Delphine"
    	local commentRating = ""
    
    	if currentCommentInfo then
    		_, _, commentRating = string.find(currentCommentInfo, ratingKeyword.."(%d)")
    
    		if commentRating then
    			self.myrating:setStyle('ratingLevel'..commentRating)
    		end
    
    		-- if track belongs to Delphine's collection display track title in glowing font (text shadow)  
    		if currentCommentInfo:find(tracktext_glow_keyword) then 
    			self.trackTitle:setStyle("nptrack_glow")
    		end
    	end
    So if a track's comment tag includes the keyword 'favstars3' it would display rating = 3 stars.

    I don't know how to translate zhis lua function into JS and where to insert this into your code.
    If you could help me out here or a commit in the 2.1 branch, I'd be very happy.

    Thank you so much.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •