Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 523 of 751 FirstFirst ... 23423473513521522523524525533573623 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,230 of 7503
    Quote Originally Posted by bakker_be View Post
    Do you have a physically separate fingerprint reader or do you have one of those phones where it's hidden behind the screen?
    fingerprint reader its in/behind power button on the side of phone.. Xperia X compact

just to clarify my previous description of steps to reproduce: power button always need to be first pressed to active fingerprint reader and unlock , but as its all within one button it normally works as one press operation.
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    1. open MS apk
    2. lock screen / wait for screen lock
    3. use fingerprint reader to unlock phone.

Result on my phone: nothing happens fingerprint is not operational
    if I press power button :screen will wake up with MS apk ready to use but phone remains locked and fingerprint is still not operational
    only way to unlock it is to attempt exit app (top drawer or middle button etc) then standard lock screen is display (fingerprint reader is now active)..
    thats Android 8 behavior on my phone anyway

Expected behavior: as with any other app fingerprint reader is always active and ready to use
    Just tried on Android 10 on a Pixel 3a and Android 7 on a Galaxy 5 and both work OK but that doesn't really help you.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Just tried on Android 10 on a Pixel 3a and Android 7 on a Galaxy 5 and both work OK but that doesn't really help you.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    thanks for checking! Must be device specific but weirdly Craig's original response indicated it was designed or works for him in same manner. I will just learn to live with it, I mean without (leaving it ever active)
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    thanks for checking! Must be device specific but weirdly Craig's original response indicated it was designed or works for him in same manner. I will just learn to live with it, I mean without (leaving it ever active)
    I'll see about adding an option to disable this behaviour.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    I'll see about adding an option to disable this behaviour.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    No, the paramters set the initial style - mobile, desktop, mini. The settings page is embedded in an iframe. I guess something could be done, but I see no real need for this.
    Bbbut Michael said anything was possible! ;-)

I guess it's prolly due to organic development of the interface. I just find it odd to have different URLs for different skins for notionally the same page, it's a bit of a shame since it'll trip up unsuspecting PCP users clicking on the Configure LMS button (with Material skin selected). But tx for looking at this anyway. :-)

Every time I'm thinking, "hey, wouldn't it be cool if Material did X," I find that it is usually possible and I'm always very pleased; it just may be a different workflow than what I'm used to in the Default skin. Yes, I understand that Material is based on the Classic skin.

In both the Default and Classic skin it's possible to see and set ratings for each track of an album without needing to select the three vertical dots > Set rating > (choose a rating) > Apply. Would you be willing to add empty rating stars to the Album UI so that ratings could be set directly?

Name:  trackstat_album_ratings.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  123.0 KB

Classic skin
    Name:  trackstat_album_ratings_classic.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  112.7 KB

* Ratings are subjective and are for demonstration purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by mr-b View Post
    Bbbut Michael said anything was possible! ;-)

I guess it's prolly due to organic development of the interface. I just find it odd to have different URLs for different skins for notionally the same page, it's a bit of a shame since it'll trip up unsuspecting PCP users clicking on the Configure LMS button (with Material skin selected). But tx for looking at this anyway. :-)
    I leave the default skin selected in LMS and then use the Material Skin interface by adding
    /material to the end of the LMS URL.

i.e. http://192.168.1.221:9000/material/

Would that work for you?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Not sure if this is a known issue, or if there has been some recent change to cause this.

I've been using the Space bar to pause/resume playback for a while now in Material. But recently two things at once are occurring: 1) the playback state toggles (sometimes), and 2) the left side browser goes back on level (like an Esc. was hit). It seems the left side panel is now grabbing the focus.

Quote Originally Posted by prabbit View Post
    Every time I'm thinking, "hey, wouldn't it be cool if Material did X," I find that it is usually possible and I'm always very pleased; it just may be a different workflow than what I'm used to in the Default skin. Yes, I understand that Material is based on the Classic skin.
    No, only Server settings, extra player settings, and advanced search are from Classic skin (Material embeds the pages and adds some styling so they are more material-like) - the rest is 100% new.

Quote Originally Posted by prabbit View Post
    In both the Default and Classic skin it's possible to see and set ratings for each track of an album without needing to select the three vertical dots > Set rating > (choose a rating) > Apply. Would you be willing to add empty rating stars to the Album UI so that ratings could be set directly?[/size]
    Sorry, but not at this moment - it'd have a performance effect on the list rendering, and add even more code that I'd never use. (Still, code is open-source, so you are free to have a stab at implementing and submit a pull request)
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.