Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 286 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

0.0.3 Released

Skin has been updated.

1. Radios, YouTube, iPlayer, etc. should now work.
    2. Should now work if set as default (which I do not recommend)
    3. Virtual library support added
    4. Browsing/list-updating might be a little slower as I disabled use of a 'virtual scroll' library, as this was causing the lists to occasionally not be fully drawn
    5. Still has issue of the plugin page thinking that an update is available.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Skin has been updated.

1. Radios, YouTube, iPlayer, etc. should now work.
    2. Should now work if set as default (which I do not recommend)
    3. Virtual library support added
    4. Browsing/list-updating might be a little slower as I disabled use of a 'virtual scroll' library, as this was causing the lists to occasionally not be fully drawn
    5. Still has issue of the plugin page thinking that an update is available.
    Yes, all working now, nice job, thanks.
    Tiny niggle, theme always defaults to light, is there a way to make the dark theme stick?

Cheers.
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0-b6 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Announce: Material Skin

> - Still has issue of the plugin page thinking that an update is
    > available.

Add a uuid to the install.xml.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > - Still has issue of the plugin page thinking that an update is
    > available.

Add a uuid to the install.xml.
    I assume you mean an "id" tag (containing a UUID)? As that's all I can see in other install.xml files. But not all plugins have this? Is there a simple plugin guide somewhere that states what should be in install.xml, Plugin.pm, and the repo xml file?

I assume you mean an "id" tag (containing a UUID)? As that's all I can see in other install.xml files. But not all plugins have this? Is there a simple plugin guide somewhere that states what should be in install.xml, Plugin.pm, and the repo xml file?
    in doubt use one of Michaels plugin as template

Very nice indeed, thanks for the work.

One thing immediately apparent to me, with a number of players, is there is no visual indication in the drop-down which ones are on or off - you have to select each on and then see the state and the switch. Any way in the material design world to decorate each player and maybe incorporate the on/off toggle directly?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Galbavy View Post
    One thing immediately apparent to me, with a number of players, is there is no visual indication in the drop-down which ones are on or off
    That's a good point! I only actually have 2 players, so never thought about this. Perhaps dimming the speaker icon of powered off players? Or colouring the icon blue for powered on players? Don't really want to add another icon next to the player (as there already is a tick and speaker/group icon).

I was thinking of adding a dialog to manage the volume of all players. Perhaps this could also be used to power them on/off...

I like this.

It won't replace iPeng on my iPhone and other iOS devices but it will replace my PC desktop control and I will use on Android devices

I have a new shortcut on my PC as follows

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --app="http://LMSIP:9000/material"

A Couple of points / ideas
    1. Will you eventually make it possible to choose the menu items / ordering that appear on Browse i.e. I don't use Genres but I do use New Music a lot ?
    2. Under Settings perhaps you could consider making it possible to initiate a Rescan ?
    3. I have a largish library. Scrolling from A to Z takes a long time. Suggest you add A/B/C/D type navigation to Artists & Albums if you can
    Last edited by d6jg; 2018-10-25 at 07:05.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    1. Will you eventually make it possible to choose the menu items / ordering that appear on Browse i.e. I don't use Genres but I do use New Music a lot ?
    Wasn't planning on this. Makes the code a bit more complicated. I don't use Genres either, but the ones that are presented (I think) are the usual ones found/used in media players. What I could do (as a compromise) is remember if "More" was previously entered, and save this so that it is restored when the app is restarted.

2. Under Settings perhaps you could consider making it possible to initiate a Rescan ?
    There is a link to server settings - and from there you can scan. Not sure if this belongs in a 'mobile' app.

3. I have a largish library. Scrolling from A to Z takes a long time. Suggest you add A/B/C/D type navigation to Artists & Albums if you can
    What I could do is group A-Z listings in blocks of (e.g.) 100 items. So if you have 50 artist starting with A, 40 with B, 60 with C, etc. you Would have an "A..B" listing and a "C..?" listing. Make sense? How many artists do you have? I group by AlbumArtists, and only have 260, and this scrolls fine. Just wandering at what could the split should occur.

Wasn't planning on this. Makes the code a bit more complicated. I don't use Genres either, but the ones that are presented (I think) are the usual ones found/used in media players. What I could do (as a compromise) is remember if "More" was previously entered, and save this so that it is restored when the app is restarted.

There is a link to server settings - and from there you can scan. Not sure if this belongs in a 'mobile' app.

What I could do is group A-Z listings in blocks of (e.g.) 100 items. So if you have 50 artist starting with A, 40 with B, 60 with C, etc. you Would have an "A..B" listing and a "C..?" listing. Make sense? How many artists do you have? I group by AlbumArtists, and only have 260, and this scrolls fine. Just wandering at what could the split should occur.
    3410 Artists, 2531 Albums, 30,000+ Tracks
    My library is small in comparison to some on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng