Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 223 of 765 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323723 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 7642

Editing Favorites - Devel Branch

Craig,

One thing I noticed, is that in Favorites the overflow menu for a folder includes the option of adding it as a Preset. That is not desirable, as it doesn't work.
    Living Room: SB Touch + DIY PSU > CI Audio VDA.2 DAC + VAC.1 PSU > VRX.1 cables > Emotiva XSP-1 Gen 2 preamp + XPA-DR2 amp > Blue Jeans cables > B&W 804 speakers
    Laptop: System76 Galago + Ubuntu 16.04 + Squeezelite + Vivaldi/Material Skin > Emotiva Little Ego DAC > Grado PS500 headphones
    Bedroom: RPi Zero W + Squeezelite > miniBOSS DAC HAT > Bose SoundLink Revolve
    Phone: Pixel 3a + SB Player + Material APK > Senn IE80 earbuds
    Server: Puget Systems Serenity + Ubuntu 18.04 + LMS 8.2

Quote Originally Posted by Ron F. View Post
    The automatic refresh of an updated favorite does not work in devel either - same behavior as master.
    ...also, please run with JSON debugging - see README on github,or numerous posts here. When you update the favourite, Material should ask LMS for the list again - and in the response should be the updated text. Is it there?

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Works OK for me - I assume you mean editing the name? And the name is not refreshed correctly? How many favourites do you have in a list? It could be the view-recycler not correctly noticing the update. If so, then I have an idea for a work-around, that was used before.
    I tried editing the name of a favourite and the view wasn't refreshed but after deleting a favourite the view was refreshed.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Works OK for me - I assume you mean editing the name? And the name is not refreshed correctly? How many favourites do you have in a list? It could be the view-recycler not correctly noticing the update. If so, then I have an idea for a work-around, that was used before.
    Interesting. Yes, I am editing the name. It fails to update in both the top Favorites list, and inside a folder too. I shrunk down my number of favorites to 14 at the top, and 5 in a folder - using the devel version.
    Living Room: SB Touch + DIY PSU > CI Audio VDA.2 DAC + VAC.1 PSU > VRX.1 cables > Emotiva XSP-1 Gen 2 preamp + XPA-DR2 amp > Blue Jeans cables > B&W 804 speakers
    Laptop: System76 Galago + Ubuntu 16.04 + Squeezelite + Vivaldi/Material Skin > Emotiva Little Ego DAC > Grado PS500 headphones

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I tried editing the name of a favourite and the view wasn't refreshed but after deleting a favourite the view was refreshed.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    That is what I see too, when deleting a favourite.

My debug that occurs after I hit the update button for an entry in Favourites, after editing the name:
    [1:18:47 PM] JSON REQ: ["00:04:20:23:c4:ce",["favorites","rename","item_id:1.5","title:Radi o Paradise Mellow Mix AAC 320 kbps"]]
    utils.js?r=DEV-2019-08-15-13-00-59:16 [1:18:47 PM] JSON REQ: ["",["material-skin","favorites"]]
    utils.js?r=DEV-2019-08-15-13-00-59:16 [1:18:48 PM] JSON REQ: ["",["material-skin","favorites"]]

Interesting; it looks like I was supposed to get a response from the server, and did not?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron F. View Post
    Craig,

One thing I noticed, is that in Favorites the overflow menu for a folder includes the option of adding it as a Preset. That is not desirable, as it doesn't work.
    In what way does it not work? Works for me, as in the entry is placed in the preset list - and I can then add this to the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Yeah, I was renaming a folder - which does cause a refresh. Renaming a plain favourite did not, is fixed in the devel branch.

In what way does it not work? Works for me, as in the entry is placed in the preset list - and I can then add this to the queue.
    OK - I will try it again, I thought I had wound up with something that could not be added to the queue successfully. Probably pilot error again.

Yeah, I was renaming a folder - which does cause a refresh. Renaming a plain favourite did not, is fixed in the devel branch.
    Testing using the devel branch, and now renaming a plain favorite works; the refresh occurs after the update button is hit.

Devel branch testing: I can make a plain favorite a preset and that works great, but doing that to a folder results in something that cannot be played. At least that is my impression - I could be experiencing additional pilot error.