Originally posted by mherger
    > I don't use streaming services such as Spotify, so I have no idea how
    > well it works with these. But (AFAIK) these are all just apps, so they
    > -should- work...

Did you implement SlimBrowse/SlimMenu for the app? The services then
    should come "for free"...

--

Michael
    No, I simply use the JSONRPC interface. I did look at http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...Play_interface, but was unsure how to use it.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Comment

• kidstypike
      • Feb 2007

Only local music working for me, all other (Radio Paradise, BBC iPlayer, YouTube, Bandcamp, Radio, Favourites) just results in a playlist of local tracks.
      Pi5 .. pCP 9beta5 .. LMS 8.4 -- nomysqueezebox
      Study - Pi2B .. S.M.S.L SU-1 .. Q Acoustics M20
      Snug/TV .. DAC32 .. Audio Engine B2
      Spares - 1xSBTouch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

• cpd73
        • Mar 2017

Originally posted by kidstypike
        Only local music working for me, all other (Radio Paradise, BBC iPlayer, YouTube, Bandcamp, Radio, Favourites) just results in a playlist of local tracks.
        Yeah, I know about YouTube and Radio - these are fixed in git/master, and I'll make a 0.0.3 release later. I'll check the others later. Favourites was working, but it's possible I changed some code without checking how it affected other parts.

The skin is still under heavy development...
        Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Comment

• kidstypike
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by cpd73
          Yeah, I know about YouTube and Radio - these are fixed in git/master, and I'll make a 0.0.3 release later. I'll check the others later. Favourites was working, but it's possible I changed some code without checking how it affected other parts.

The skin is still under heavy development...
          No worries, not complaining, just reporting

Comment

• cpd73
            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by kidstypike
            No worries, not complaining, just reporting
            Sorry - didn't mean to come across as defensive :-) I released early for this sort of feedback. All non-library URL loading is broken in 0.0.2 (sorry!) - fixed in git/master, but I need to work on it to clean up a bit more.

I also need to look into it not working when set as Default (which I would not recommend, anyway) and issues with the plugin page thinking there is an update.

Comment

• cpd73
              • Mar 2017

0.0.3 Released

Skin has been updated.
              1. Radios, YouTube, iPlayer, etc. should now work.
              2. Should now work if set as default (which I do not recommend)
              3. Virtual library support added
              4. Browsing/list-updating might be a little slower as I disabled use of a 'virtual scroll' library, as this was causing the lists to occasionally not be fully drawn
              5. Still has issue of the plugin page thinking that an update is available.

Comment

• kidstypike
                • Feb 2007

Skin has been updated.
                1. Radios, YouTube, iPlayer, etc. should now work.
                2. Should now work if set as default (which I do not recommend)
                3. Virtual library support added
                4. Browsing/list-updating might be a little slower as I disabled use of a 'virtual scroll' library, as this was causing the lists to occasionally not be fully drawn
                5. Still has issue of the plugin page thinking that an update is available.
                Yes, all working now, nice job, thanks.
                Tiny niggle, theme always defaults to light, is there a way to make the dark theme stick?

Cheers.

Comment

• mherger
                  Babelfish's Best Boy
                  • Apr 2005

Announce: Material Skin

> - Still has issue of the plugin page thinking that an update is
                  > available.

Add a uuid to the install.xml.

--

Michael
                  Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                  (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• cpd73
                    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by mherger
                    > - Still has issue of the plugin page thinking that an update is
                    > available.

Add a uuid to the install.xml.
                    I assume you mean an "id" tag (containing a UUID)? As that's all I can see in other install.xml files. But not all plugins have this? Is there a simple plugin guide somewhere that states what should be in install.xml, Plugin.pm, and the repo xml file?

Comment

• DJanGo
                      • Sep 2005

I assume you mean an "id" tag (containing a UUID)? As that's all I can see in other install.xml files. But not all plugins have this? Is there a simple plugin guide somewhere that states what should be in install.xml, Plugin.pm, and the repo xml file?
                      in doubt use one of Michaels plugin as template

Comment

• Peter Galbavy
                        • Sep 2009

Very nice indeed, thanks for the work.

One thing immediately apparent to me, with a number of players, is there is no visual indication in the drop-down which ones are on or off - you have to select each on and then see the state and the switch. Any way in the material design world to decorate each player and maybe incorporate the on/off toggle directly?

Comment

• cpd73
                          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Peter Galbavy
                          One thing immediately apparent to me, with a number of players, is there is no visual indication in the drop-down which ones are on or off
                          That's a good point! I only actually have 2 players, so never thought about this. Perhaps dimming the speaker icon of powered off players? Or colouring the icon blue for powered on players? Don't really want to add another icon next to the player (as there already is a tick and speaker/group icon).

I was thinking of adding a dialog to manage the volume of all players. Perhaps this could also be used to power them on/off...

Comment

• d6jg
                            • Feb 2011

I like this.

It won't replace iPeng on my iPhone and other iOS devices but it will replace my PC desktop control and I will use on Android devices

I have a new shortcut on my PC as follows

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --app="http://LMSIP:9000/material"

A Couple of points / ideas
                            1. Will you eventually make it possible to choose the menu items / ordering that appear on Browse i.e. I don't use Genres but I do use New Music a lot ?
                            2. Under Settings perhaps you could consider making it possible to initiate a Rescan ?
                            3. I have a largish library. Scrolling from A to Z takes a long time. Suggest you add A/B/C/D type navigation to Artists & Albums if you can
                            Last edited by d6jg; 2018-10-25, 15:05.
                            Jim

pCP9.0 / LMS 9.x storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
                            Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
                            Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Onkyo CRN775 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
                            Kitchen WiiM Pro -> Topping MX3 - B&W In Ceiling speakers
                            Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
                            Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
                            Guest Room Joggler > Denon RCFN8 -> Celestions F10s

Comment

• cpd73
                              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by d6jg
                              1. Will you eventually make it possible to choose the menu items / ordering that appear on Browse i.e. I don't use Genres but I do use New Music a lot ?
                              Wasn't planning on this. Makes the code a bit more complicated. I don't use Genres either, but the ones that are presented (I think) are the usual ones found/used in media players. What I could do (as a compromise) is remember if "More" was previously entered, and save this so that it is restored when the app is restarted.

2. Under Settings perhaps you could consider making it possible to initiate a Rescan ?
                              There is a link to server settings - and from there you can scan. Not sure if this belongs in a 'mobile' app.

3. I have a largish library. Scrolling from A to Z takes a long time. Suggest you add A/B/C/D type navigation to Artists & Albums if you can
                              What I could do is group A-Z listings in blocks of (e.g.) 100 items. So if you have 50 artist starting with A, 40 with B, 60 with C, etc. you Would have an "A..B" listing and a "C..?" listing. Make sense? How many artists do you have? I group by AlbumArtists, and only have 260, and this scrolls fine. Just wandering at what could the split should occur.

Comment

• d6jg
                                • Feb 2011

Wasn't planning on this. Makes the code a bit more complicated. I don't use Genres either, but the ones that are presented (I think) are the usual ones found/used in media players. What I could do (as a compromise) is remember if "More" was previously entered, and save this so that it is restored when the app is restarted.

There is a link to server settings - and from there you can scan. Not sure if this belongs in a 'mobile' app.

What I could do is group A-Z listings in blocks of (e.g.) 100 items. So if you have 50 artist starting with A, 40 with B, 60 with C, etc. you Would have an "A..B" listing and a "C..?" listing. Make sense? How many artists do you have? I group by AlbumArtists, and only have 260, and this scrolls fine. Just wandering at what could the split should occur.
                                3410 Artists, 2531 Albums, 30,000+ Tracks
                                My library is small in comparison to some on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Jim

pCP9.0 / LMS 9.x storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
                                Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
                                Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Onkyo CRN775 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
                                Kitchen WiiM Pro -> Topping MX3 - B&W In Ceiling speakers
                                Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
                                Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
                                Guest Room Joggler > Denon RCFN8 -> Celestions F10s

Comment

Working...