Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 175 of 748 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275675 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 7479

Announce: Material Skin

> Thanks Michael. I read the install file for the SSL software; I'm not
    > comfortable with level of developer knowledge needed there to perform
    > the install. Might I suggest you put a note up front in the thread for
    > what version of Mac OS/LMS levels will support Material skin out of the
    > box?

Please note that this is not a Material issue. You'll be facing more and
    more problems with outdated SSL libraries. Today it's installing
    Material, tomorrow it'll be your favorite radio station.

FWIW: if you decide to install manually, check out the Plugins folder in
    Settings/Information. It should be something like:

/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Squeezebox/Plugins

Do NOT use the one ending in "InstalledPlugins".

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Thanks Michael. I read the install file for the SSL software; I'm not
    > comfortable with level of developer knowledge needed there to perform
    > the install. Might I suggest you put a note up front in the thread for
    > what version of Mac OS/LMS levels will support Material skin out of the
    > box?

Please note that this is not a Material issue. You'll be facing more and
    more problems with outdated SSL libraries. Today it's installing
    Material, tomorrow it'll be your favorite radio station.

FWIW: if you decide to install manually, check out the Plugins folder in
    Settings/Information. It should be something like:

/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Squeezebox/Plugins

Do NOT use the one ending in "InstalledPlugins".

--

Michael
    Thanks for the heads up. I was familiar with the directory structure and was able to get Material up and running in 10 minutes. Glad you wrote that letter to Darko, I've been missing out. RP via Material is state of the art looks. Love that cover as background and dark mode!

I will circle back to the SSL stuff, will just need to read up. I did a little development about 20 years ago so can kludge my way around a Unix command.

I'll make a donation to Drummond's PayPal as a thank you. Really appreciate the community support, thanks again.

material mobile view: homebutton missing on iPhone SE screen

I noticed that the home-button is missing when running material on my iPhone SE.
    Running SLX in mobile view, its available. When I 'shrink' the window width in SLX, the homebutton vanishes there as well at some point.
    So, I assume the screen width of my phone is too small to show the button.
    But looking at the screenlayout at the size, where it starts vanishing, everything looks far from beeing cramped to me in that line.
    Could the value from which the button appears could be set a bit lower?

P.S. On the earlier discussion wrt slow Album art: I have the same issue. I was running local resizing (LMS w/ --nomysqueezebox started)
    Images take very long to load.
    Now I changed to mysqueezebox.com resizing and the images load superfast.

Announce: Material Skin

> P.S. On the earlier discussion wrt slow Album art: I have the same
    > issue. I was running local resizing (LMS w/ --nomysqueezebox started)
    > Images take very long to load.
    > Now I changed to mysqueezebox.com resizing and the images load
    > superfast.

Keep in mind that if you're using your local machine, it not only might
    be a slower machine than what is running on mysqueezebox.com. But the
    download of potentially large files might take longer, and above all,
    you're not taking advantage of mysb's cache, which likely would already
    have a scaled copy in its cache (in particular if you're browsing a
    popular listing like some Spotify Top X playlist).

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by slimhase View Post
    I noticed that the home-button is missing when running material on my iPhone SE.
    Running SLX in mobile view, its available. When I 'shrink' the window width in SLX, the homebutton vanishes there as well at some point.
    So, I assume the screen width of my phone is too small to show the button.
    But looking at the screenlayout at the size, where it starts vanishing, everything looks far from beeing cramped to me in that line.
    Could the value from which the button appears could be set a bit lower?
    Yeah, the limit was 350px - I've changed this to 290px for 0.8.1 The reason why it was initially done was in mobile layout with the list/toggle button, and the add and play buttons, there was insufficient space. However, for 0.8.0 I moved the list/grid toggle into the settings menu - so now there is more space.

P.S. On the earlier discussion wrt slow Album art: I have the same issue. I was running local resizing (LMS w/ --nomysqueezebox started)
    Images take very long to load.
    Now I changed to mysqueezebox.com resizing and the images load superfast.
    You should still be able to start LMS with --nomysqueezebox and still use mysqueezebox to resize images.

I would remove the local resizing of remote URLs, but it was added by Michael as a user was complaining about Qobuz images.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Yeah, the limit was 350px - I've changed this to 290px for 0.8.1 The reason why it was initially done was in mobile layout with the list/toggle button, and the add and play buttons, there was insufficient space. However, for 0.8.0 I moved the list/grid toggle into the settings menu - so now there is more space.
    Great - I just tried the dev version - homebutton is back on my phone!

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    You should still be able to start LMS with --nomysqueezebox and still use mysqueezebox to resize images.

I would remove the local resizing of remote URLs, but it was added by Michael as a user was complaining about Qobuz images.
    When I run LMS with --nomysqueezebox, I can not select mysqueezebox to resize images - in that mode, the option is not present in the settings menue. (On my system)
    (But this is not a problem for me, as I want to run again in mysqueezebox-mode, as Michael mentioned that that helps him showing to Management how many people still use LMS...)

But anyhow - something is still odd with the images and matarial skin (both in the dev. version and 8.0) - I noticed 2 things:
    1) When I listen to i.e. this podcast: https://wdrmedien-a.akamaihd.net/med...strom_wdr3.mp3
    In material, only a 'missing icon frame' is showing instead of an image for the podcast in the now playing screen. (The smaller image is correctly showing in the playlist view.)
    But both in the LMS classic view and on my old Duet controller, the correct image is showing in the now playing screen. Therefor, I assume it has something todo with the material skin.
    2) In Radio Paradise Plugin, Interactive stream: When I play that and pause it (from the 2nd song on), it jumps back to the image of the prior song.
    (Nevermind item 2) Tha happens also on LMS classig view - seems to be a RP issue).

But 1) happens definitely only on Material Skin - also after clearing caches and rebooting LMS server.

When I run LMS with --nomysqueezebox, I can not select mysqueezebox to resize images - in that mode, the option is not present in the settings menue. (On my system)
    Hmmm.. Then I'm not sure what to do. Local resizing of remote images can be very slow, but (as stated) Michael added the code for this. I'm starting to think that if mysqueezebox is not used, then remote images should not be resized (so, let the browser handle this).

But anyhow - something is still odd with the images and matarial skin (both in the dev. version and 8.0) - I noticed 2 things:
    1) When I listen to i.e. this podcast: https://wdrmedien-a.akamaihd.net/med...strom_wdr3.mp3
    In material, only a 'missing icon frame' is showing instead of an image for the podcast in the now playing screen. (The smaller image is correctly showing in the playlist view.)
    But both in the LMS classic view and on my old Duet controller, the correct image is showing in the now playing screen. Therefor, I assume it has something todo with the material skin.
    Thanks for testing the dev version, so much nicer to have these issues before I release the code I'll investigate, and fix this later.

I'm not sure if that's still a thing, but I cannot drag a track to the end of the current playlist, it will always be the second to last track. If I want to move track 1 to the end n, I have to drag track 1 as far as it goes (n-1) and then drag track n to track n-1's position.
    QLMS 8.2@2.21 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Remember last selected player

I have a vague recollection this may have already been discussed so I apologise in advance if it has been. Is it possible to get Material to remember the last selected player?

It often defaults to the first player in the list, which for me is a group player 'All'. As the name suggests, it puts music through all of my active players (5 of them) at once which can be a bit loud when unexpected!

Not a problem if it isn't possible, just a nice touch if it could be done.

Bob
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 8.20 (from nightlies) on Windows 10
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    1 x iMac server running macOS Big Sur
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Focal Electra 1027 Be II Speakers

When I listen to i.e. this podcast: https://wdrmedien-a.akamaihd.net/med...strom_wdr3.mp3
    Is that with the dev version? Because I have just tried (manually adding the URL to the queue), and I see covers.