Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 174 of 748 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274674 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 7479
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    AFAIK, --nomysqueezebox should be OK - as you can call the mysquuezebox image resizing URL without needing to be registered. But, if you block it with a firewall rule, then images will not show - as they will be blocked. Toggling the setting on LMS to local resizing would then be required. Note, however, that local resizing of remote images seems very slow for some users - 20ish seconds! I'm not sure why that is, but as LMS is single threaded its not good news.

The 0.8.1 Material default setting is just syncing up with the LMS default. If there is no config item set for this, LMS defaults to mysqueezebox, but Material (0.8.0) was defaulting to local. This is obviously wrong.
    I've been trying out Radio Paradise on Material 0.80 and I don't get any delay with new images displaying as tracks change. mysqueezebox.com has been blocked on my system with a firewall rule and LMS is set to local resizing - it's been like that for at least 2 years if I remember correctly. Looking at the changelog for v0.81 it seems like the changes will have no little or impact on my setup. Obviously your can't predict what will happen to all the different systems out there but in your estimation do you think that's likely to change when I update to v0.81?

Don't know if it's relevant but Spotify is fine on 0.80 as well.

I'm using Windows 10 (1903) and iOS, occasionally iMac.

Bob
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 8.20 (from nightlies) on Windows 10
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    1 x iMac server running macOS Big Sur
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Focal Electra 1027 Be II Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by bobertuk View Post
    I've been trying out Radio Paradise on Material 0.80 and I don't get any delay with new images displaying as tracks change. mysqueezebox.com has been blocked on my system with a firewall rule and LMS is set to local resizing - it's been like that for at least 2 years if I remember correctly. Looking at the changelog for v0.81 it seems like the changes will have no little or impact on my setup.
    I have no delays on my setup either, which is why its odd the some (well at least 1) others do. However, the change for 0.8.1 is simply making sure the Material default matches the LMS default.

Quote Originally Posted by bobertuk View Post
    Obviously your can't predict what will happen to all the different systems out there but in your estimation do you think that's likely to change when I update to v0.81?
    Shouldn't think so.

I have no delays on my setup either, which is why its odd the some (well at least 1) others do. However, the change for 0.8.1 is simply making sure the Material default matches the LMS default.

Shouldn't think so.
    I was the one with delays . The strange thing is I wasn't seeing these delays until 0.8.0 and I assume local resizing was being used until now.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

Unfortunately El Cap's OpenSSL libraries are outdated. You can try the
    following instructions to update them:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post925539

--

Michael
    Thanks Michael. I read the install file for the SSL software; I'm not comfortable with level of developer knowledge needed there to perform the install. Might I suggest you put a note up front in the thread for what version of Mac OS/LMS levels will support Material skin out of the box?

Material looks great, exactly what I was hoping for. Note: I paid for iPeng, would be happy to pay for this upgrade as well if you ever figure a way to package it for wide Mac OS support.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I was the one with delays . The strange thing is I wasn't seeing these delays until 0.8.0 and I assume local resizing was being used until now.
    Confused me for a while. Then I realised, in 0.8.0 I restrict now-playing and background images to 1024x1204 max - so resizing involved. Not sure why its slow though, as the RP images are actually smaller, so resizing not required.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcdayton View Post
    Thanks Michael. I read the install file for the SSL software; I'm not comfortable with level of developer knowledge needed there to perform the install. Might I suggest you put a note up front in the thread for what version of Mac OS/LMS levels will support Material skin out of the box?
    It's not Material, its the downloading of the plugin from github. You can always install manually (and would also need to install updates manually)

1. Download a release - e.g. https://github.com/CDrummond/lms-mat...rial-0.8.0.zip
    2. Create a folder named MaterialSkin within your LMS's plugins folder (not sure of the location on macOS)
    3. Unzip the lms-material zip file within the MaterialSkin folder
    4. Restart LMS

Confused me for a while. Then I realised, in 0.8.0 I restrict now-playing and background images to 1024x1204 max - so resizing involved. Not sure why its slow though, as the RP images are actually smaller, so resizing not required.
    There is resizing down to 100x100. Maybe that is the slow one.

It's not Material, its the downloading of the plugin from github. You can always install manually (and would also need to install updates manually)

1. Download a release - e.g. https://github.com/CDrummond/lms-mat...rial-0.8.0.zip
    2. Create a folder named MaterialSkin within your LMS's plugins folder (not sure of the location on macOS)
    3. Unzip the lms-material zip file within the MaterialSkin folder
    4. Restart LMS
    You are my hero today cpd73. Much appreciated.

FYI, it didn't work on first stop/start. I played around and discovered that if I unchecked the plugin, stopped/started, checked it again, stopped/started, it worked.

Looks fantastic!
    Last edited by dmcdayton; 2019-06-11 at 09:05.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    There is resizing down to 100x100. Maybe that is the slow one.
    That's in the queue. But you're right, checked the code - and pre-0.8.0 no resizing was performed for remote queue images. There was resizing for the browse page, which is why WWTT was slow pre-0.8.0

That's in the queue. But you're right, checked the code - and pre-0.8.0 no resizing was performed for remote queue images. There was resizing for the browse page, which is why WWTT was slow pre-0.8.0
    When I had the delays that queue image appeared at the same time as the Now Playing image on Android if that sheds any more light on it.