Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 173 of 750 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273673 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 7492
  1. #1721
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,056
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    I think if you hover over the request line (one of the image_xxx) it should show the image of the request. Are these infact RP images?
    An example of the image URL
    http://192.168.0.10:9000/imageproxy/...mage_100x100_o

    Later images which do not have the same delay look like
    http://192.168.0.10:9000/imageproxy/...mage_100x100_o

    So only the first image after starting the stream or skipping a track is affected by the delay but the URLs look exactly the same.
    Last edited by slartibartfast; 2019-06-10 at 09:41.

  2. #1722
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,056
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    An example of the image URL
    http://192.168.0.10:9000/imageproxy/...mage_100x100_o

    Later images which do not have the same delay look like
    http://192.168.0.10:9000/imageproxy/...mage_100x100_o

    So only the first image after starting the stream or skipping a track is affected by the delay but the URLs look exactly the same.
    If I skip a track using the default skin the image URL is

    https://www.mysqueezebox.com/public/...B00000HY7T.jpg

    which is definitely using mysqueezebox for resizing.

  3. #1723
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,880
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    If I skip a track using the default skin the image URL is

    https://www.mysqueezebox.com/public/...B00000HY7T.jpg

    which is definitely using mysqueezebox for resizing.
    What I think is happening is; Material queries LMS to detect if mysqueezebox should be used to resize remote images. As you have never set this setting, it has no value. Material is incorrectly defaulting to local-server resize in this case. I have changed this for 0.8.1 - so if no value is set, mysqueezebox is used.

    Can you please toggle this value via the default web UI? i.e. set 'Artwork resizing' to LMS, save, then set back to mysqueezebox, and save. Now a value should be set. Does this now work?

  4. #1724
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,056
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    What I think is happening is; Material queries LMS to detect if mysqueezebox should be used to resize remote images. As you have never set this setting, it has no value. Material is incorrectly defaulting to local-server resize in this case. I have changed this for 0.8.1 - so if no value is set, mysqueezebox is used.

    Can you please toggle this value via the default web UI? i.e. set 'Artwork resizing' to LMS, save, then set back to mysqueezebox, and save. Now a value should be set. Does this now work?
    That didn't make any difference.

  5. #1725
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,880
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    That didn't make any difference.
    Did you refresh Material? So that it would be using new URLs? IF this is not the issue on your system, then I'm unsure what is. I'm 99.9% sure its using local image sizing when it should not, and toggling this should resolve the issue. Can you try clearing the queue, restart Material, and then play RP?

    Still, not sure why local image resizing is so slow!

  6. #1726
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,056
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Did you refresh Material? So that it would be using new URLs? IF this is not the issue on your system, then I'm unsure what is. I'm 99.9% sure its using local image sizing when it should not, and toggling this should resolve the issue. Can you try clearing the queue, restart Material, and then play RP?

    Still, not sure why local image resizing is so slow!
    That did it. Super speedy now. Strange how this issue only showed up after the last update.

  7. #1727
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    ...
    Any advice for this error:
    [19-06-10 19:04:45.5867] Slim::Networking::Async::connect (114) Failed to connect to github.com:443, because
    Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTPS: SSL connect attempt failed with unknown error error:1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert protocol version
    [19-06-10 19:04:45.5872] Slim::Utils::PluginDownloader::_downloadError (217) unable to download MaterialSkin from https://github.com/CDrummond/lms-mat...rial-0.8.0.zip - Connect timed out:

    Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
    LMS 7.9.2

    Material refused to install...I check the box, reboot but it won't install. I confirmed the link to 0.8.0.zip downloads via Safari just fine to the server. I searched this thread for "1407742E:SSL" and "downloadError (217)" didn't see any hits. Is there a way to manually install perhaps?

  8. #1728
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,551

    Announce: Material Skin

    > Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

    Unfortunately El Cap's OpenSSL libraries are outdated. You can try the
    following instructions to update them:

    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post925539

    --

    Michael

  9. #1729
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Clacton-on-Sea, Essex. UK
    Posts
    661

    mysqueezebox.com and external images

    @craig

    I've been following the conversation about Radio Paradise image rendering delays and just seen in the Material github changelog that you have defaulted to mysqueezebox.com for resizing images from external sources.
    Is this of any consequence for those of us who have blocked mysqueezebox.com using the --nomysqueezebox startup parameter or have blocked it via router firewall rules?

    Bob
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 8.20 (from nightlies) on Windows 10
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    1 x iMac server running macOS Big Sur
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Focal Electra 1027 Be II Speakers

  10. #1730
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,880
    Quote Originally Posted by bobertuk View Post
    @craig

    I've been following the conversation about Radio Paradise image rendering delays and just seen in the Material github changelog that you have defaulted to mysqueezebox.com for resizing images from external sources.
    Is this of any consequence for those of us who have blocked mysqueezebox.com using the --nomysqueezebox startup parameter or have blocked it via router firewall rules?
    AFAIK, --nomysqueezebox should be OK - as you can call the mysquuezebox image resizing URL without needing to be registered. But, if you block it with a firewall rule, then images will not show - as they will be blocked. Toggling the setting on LMS to local resizing would then be required. Note, however, that local resizing of remote images seems very slow for some users - 20ish seconds! I'm not sure why that is, but as LMS is single threaded its not good news.

    The 0.8.1 Material default setting is just syncing up with the LMS default. If there is no config item set for this, LMS defaults to mysqueezebox, but Material (0.8.0) was defaulting to local. This is obviously wrong.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •