Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 112 of 712 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212612 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 7115
    Quote Originally Posted by bobertuk View Post
    There are a few things I use that aren't available through Material Skin though and I have to switch over to the LMS Default to be able to use them - Spicefly Sugarcube, Inguz, Just Covers. I'm fairly sure it would NOT be possible to expose Inguz because it needs Internet Explorer and Silverlight to function fully in the GUI but it would be a nice touch to have Spicefly Sugarcube and Just Covers exposed - not sure if that's even possible!
    Can you post screen shots / usage scenarios for those? What is "Just Covers"? Where are this and Sugarcube in standard web UI? I can't see a "Just Covers" in my LMS plugins page - or does it need mysqueezebox?

[Edit] Install Sugarcube - and can see menu entries in the default web UI, but not in Material nor SqueezeCtrl. Odd that the query I use to get server menus is not returning those :-(

[Edit 2] OK, searched this forum for "Just Covers" - that's a web UI plugin, not gonna work with Material. The nearest would be an option to not show labels - but I see no point in that, sorry.

I do often use ratings in Trackstat which you have exposed but only at track level. Would it be possible to have it operate at Album level as well? The way it operates with the Default Skin is that, when asked to rate an Album, it simply sets all tracks in that Album to the same chosen rating. Obviously this could be done one track at a time or by switching back to the default skin but this is tedious and it would be useful to be able to rate whole Albums directly in Material Skin..
    Updated the code to have a "Set ratings for all" button in the sub-toolbar when listing albums (of 100 or less tracks).
    Last edited by cpd73; 2019-02-08 at 14:59.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Can you post screen shots / usage scenarios for those? What is "Just Covers"? Where are this and Sugarcube in standard web UI? I can't see a "Just Covers" in my LMS plugins page - or does it need mysqueezebox?

[Edit] Install Sugarcube - and can see menu entries in the default web UI, but not in Material nor SqueezeCtrl. Odd that the query I use to get server menus is not returning those :-(

[Edit 2] OK, searched this forum for "Just Covers" - that's a web UI plugin, not gonna work with Material. The nearest would be an option to not show labels - but I see no point in that, sorry.

Updated the code to have a "Set ratings for all" button in the sub-toolbar when listing albums (of 100 or less tracks).
    Thank you for taking the time to look at this.
    Just Covers is really just a way to get a nice display of Albums selected by Genre so not really needed. Material can get the same output through Genre with another couple of keypresses. it would be good if SugarCube was available if at all possible but no sweat if not!

I've tried Material Skin from GitHub and there some issues with trackstat...
    1. When selecting ratings from the Album sub-menu ratings only go up to 5 stars. Trackstat allows either up to 5, OR up to 10 stars - I use up to 10.
    2. When selecting Trackstat from My Music the following error occurs and the Trackstat menu doesn't appear (red flag at top of GUI)...
    Something went wrong! (TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of null)
    3. Ability to set a rating for a single track has disappeared.

Bob
    Last edited by bobertuk; 2019-02-08 at 17:53.
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 8.20 (from nightlies) on Windows 10
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    1 x iMac server running macOS Big Sur
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Focal Electra 1027 Be II Speakers

1. When selecting ratings from the Album sub-menu ratings only go up to 5 stars. Trackstat allows either up to 5, OR up to 10 stars - I use up to 10.
    Fixed now. Ratings are still shown as 5 starts, but if 0..10 is set then you can use half stars.

2. When selecting Trackstat from My Music the following error occurs and the Trackstat menu doesn't appear (red flag at top of GUI)...
    Something went wrong! (TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of null)
    Fixed.

3. Ability to set a rating for a single track has disappeared.
    Not sure what you mean by this, as it always seemed to work for me. Where? The dialog, or the now-playing page? Anyhow, I've now changed to use the Vue rating widget (I forgot it had one). This supports half steps, and hover.

Also, with regard to SugarCube... in the default webUI I see 3 sugarcube entries in 'My Music' But I do not see these in iPeng or SqueezeCtrl. However, in iPeng and SqueezeCtrl I do see the SugarCube entry under 'Settings'. Is this (options in settings) what you would like to see? Are these settings per-player, or system wide?

Trackstat ratings using half stars works... sometimes! Mostly, when pressing 'APPLY' to apply rating, the webpage hangs and does nothing. The only way to clear the page is to shut down the browser. Checking back by re-running 'Material Skin' or the 'Default Skin' shows that no ratings have been applied. Server log attached...

server.log.zip Look towards the bottom of the log for Material errors

Setting ratings for single tracks is something I don't do - Albums only for me. I wouldn't worry about it for now. Something for later on maybe when Material Skin is more mature.

SugarCube settings are 'per player' and are set in the LMS settings page. The 3 SugarCube entries in 'My Music' WebUI are 'mostly' displaying information about how SugarCube decides which track to select next, so its mostly for information only. Generally speaking it only needs to be looked at occasionally to ensure SugarCube is running. It does run when using Material Skin even though there's no visual indication that it's doing so. When SugarCube fails playback just stops or random tracks are selected - it's usually fairly obvious and needs to be tracked down in settings. Thinking about it more there's not really any need to have it in Material so don't worry about it.

Bob
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 8.20 (from nightlies) on Windows 10

Trackstat ratings using half stars works... sometimes! Mostly, when pressing 'APPLY' to apply rating, the webpage hangs and does nothing. The only way to clear the page is to shut down the browser. Checking back by re-running 'Material Skin' or the 'Default Skin' shows that no ratings have been applied. Server log attached...

server.log.zip Look towards the bottom of the log for Material errors

Setting ratings for single tracks is something I don't do - Albums only for me. I wouldn't worry about it for now. Something for later on maybe when Material Skin is more mature.

Bob
    Thank you for the superb effort you are putting into Material Skin and your rapid responses.

Last github update nearly has Trackstat sorted. I updated from github at around 9pm UK time after "Add 'showRatingButton' to 'data'" appeared in github commit. Not sure how else to pinpoint the exact update!
    Add rating for single track now works.
    Add rating to all album tracks almost works... Selecting all 5 stars and applying actually sets rating to 20 stars! Selecting two and a half stars sets rating to 10 stars. I don't know if this is a function of how Trackstat works or a Material Skin issue

Bob
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom

Thank you for the superb effort you are putting into Material Skin and your rapid responses.

Last github update nearly has Trackstat sorted. I updated from github at around 9pm UK time after "Add 'showRatingButton' to 'data'" appeared in github commit. Not sure how else to pinpoint the exact update!
    Add rating for single track now works.
    Add rating to all album tracks almost works... Selecting all 5 stars and applying actually sets rating to 20 stars! Selecting two and a half stars sets rating to 10 stars. I don't know if this is a function of how Trackstat works or a Material Skin issue

Bob
    Should probably continue this discussion on github, to reduce the noise here. If you want, the issue number is 72 (currently closed, but I'l re-open if needed). However, it looks like trackstat (for me at least) always seems to think rating is 0..5 even if I've set it to 0..10 in its settings. i.e. if I set a rating of 8, it returns a rating percentage of 160! So, I've update the code to send a percentage to trackstat, and read its percentages back - this seems to work. And I only uses its 0..5 / 0..10 range setting to determine if half stars should be shown.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Should probably continue this discussion on github, to reduce the noise here. If you want, the issue number is 72 (currently closed, but I'l re-open if needed). However, it looks like trackstat (for me at least) always seems to think rating is 0..5 even if I've set it to 0..10 in its settings. i.e. if I set a rating of 8, it returns a rating percentage of 160! So, I've update the code to send a percentage to trackstat, and read its percentages back - this seems to work. And I only uses its 0..5 / 0..10 range setting to determine if half stars should be shown.
    Brilliant! All working as expected now and you've even managed to make the Trackstat mechanism for Album rating easier to use than it is in the default skin.

Thank you

Bob
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom

Has anyone noticed this weird highlighting issue as of the past few days? It only seems to happen on the main menu, not when drilling down.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 11.25.24 AM.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  164.5 KB

I'm using Material on an Android phone with Chrome's "Add to Home Screen" feature. Working great.

There's a small issue with the notification area where the currently playing track is shown: the notification is still shown after the LMS player has stopped. The notification is discarded only when the task has been ended. Is this inherent with the web app mode?

Quote Originally Posted by reinholdk View Post
    I'm using Material on an Android phone with Chrome's "Add to Home Screen" feature. Working great.

There's a small issue with the notification area where the currently playing track is shown: the notification is still shown after the LMS player has stopped. The notification is discarded only when the task has been ended. Is this inherent with the web app mode?
    Yes, the notification is always shown - similar to SqueezeCtrl. I could have it only appear only when there are tracks in the queue, but I'm not sure its worth the hassle.