Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 612 of 712 FirstFirst ... 112512562602610611612613614622662 ... LastLast
Results 6,111 to 6,120 of 7115
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    I agree it should not affect functionality. My point was that if the volume shown in LMS was not the volume used on the player, then it has no real meaning and would be confusing. If it does reflect the real volume then it should be shown.

I have updated Material to be consistent - and removed the 'Fixed volume' label. I've added a server-side yes/no option as to whether fixed volume should be respected. If set to 'No' then Material will treat a fixed volume player as a normal player - show volume slider and value. If set to 'Yes' it will show the slider as disabled and not show a volume level. I guess this resolves the issue?
    I just installed the dev version, and it works GREAT for my purposes (for my fixed volume player with receiver run by DenonSerial plugin). I'm in the process of switching over all of my controllers to MS. Thanks so much for your responsiveness!!!

Announce: Material Skin

Another ratings query...

I have enabled ratings, and this is working well in Android Chrome mobile browser. It also works in Chrome on my desktop (Windows 7).

But in Firefox v56.0.2 64-bit (I know, it's way out of date!), although I can see ratings and can click on the stars in the Now Playing area, the rating doesn't get committed. A few seconds later the track is marked as unrated. Everything else seems to work fine, just wondering if anything can be done to support this?

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Meyer View Post
    Another ratings query...

I have enabled ratings, and this is working well in Android Chrome mobile browser. It also works in Chrome on my desktop (Windows 7).

But in Firefox v56.0.2 64-bit (I know, it's way out of date!), although I can see ratings and can click on the stars in the Now Playing area, the rating doesn't get committed. A few seconds later the track is marked as unrated. Everything else seems to work fine, just wondering if anything can be done to support this?
    I'd imagine there is a slight Javascript issue. If you look in the console tab of Firefox's developer tools hopefully an error is logged there. If it is, then it might be better to install the dev version from git (as released versions are minified) and re-crearing the error - this should produce a more useful message.

I have no intention of installing such an out-of-date browser to look into this, so you'll need to investigate yourself.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Follow on to virtual library query in "Announce: New versions of erlands plugins"

Quote Originally Posted by jeroen2 View Post
    That seems useful, but then when you select a library on the homescreen what screen would follow? A revised homescreen? Or "my music" for that library?

Would that selection then remain throughout the whole session/interface?

In that case it would work like this right?
    1/ Create a Library for topgenre, selecting a number of subgenres.
    2/ Click "pin to homescreen" on genres, with the option to save library ID above.
    3/ Rename "genres" on homescreen to name of topgenre.
    4/ Repeat for all topgenres.

(I think this might run into trouble though when you get to step 4, because genre (linked with the other library ID) is already pinned, so it would only show the option to remove, not?)
    When clicking 'pin' on (e.g.) 'Genres' you will be asked whether to store the library with this. If you elect to store the library id, the view is pinned as "Genres . <LibraryName>" (e.g. "Genres . Metal") and the library_id is stored with the command. When you browse in "Genres . Metal" all subsequent queries *within* this will be using the library_id. This will allow you to pin multiple "Genres . XXXX" items, etc.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

When clicking 'pin' on (e.g.) 'Genres' you will be asked whether to store the library with this. If you elect to store the library id, the view is pinned as "Genres . <LibraryName>" (e.g. "Genres . Metal") and the library_id is stored with the command. When you browse in "Genres . Metal" all subsequent queries *within* this will be using the library_id. This will allow you to pin multiple "Genres . XXXX" items, etc.
    Yes, that would work and offer a lot of flexibility. If you plan to implement this let me know if you need someone to test!

Quote Originally Posted by jeroen2 View Post
    Yes, that would work and offer a lot of flexibility. If you plan to implement this let me know if you need someone to test!
    Initial version in git now.

Initial version in git now.
    Faster than his shadow. I'll check it out his weekend!

Hello!

Today I have a question regarding the Material App.
    I am using a Amazon Fire HD 8 for Material App which is working great. I have switched on that the app should be shown over the lockscreen and that the display should be on when in Usage.
    Now I added an external automation where I switch on the power adapter when the Fire HD is under 30% and switch it off when it is at 90%.
    The problem is now that at switching on and also at switching off the power adapter the display is also switched on and it stays switched on.

Is it eventually possible to have another switch that the display should only stay on if something is playing. Otherwise it switches off after a while?
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk

Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    Hello!

Today I have a question regarding the Material App.
    I am using a Amazon Fire HD 8 for Material App which is working great. I have switched on that the app should be shown over the lockscreen and that the display should be on when in Usage.
    Now I added an external automation where I switch on the power adapter when the Fire HD is under 30% and switch it off when it is at 90%.
    The problem is now that at switching on and also at switching off the power adapter the display is also switched on and it stays switched on.

Is it eventually possible to have another switch that the display should only stay on if something is playing. Otherwise it switches off after a while?
    No, sorry. The app is not aware of the playback state, its just a webiew wrapper.

Oh,yes, I forgot. Thank you!
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk