Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 305 of 310 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 3093
    Queue link oddity

I got a new CD today. So new that dbPoweramp didn't find an online listing for it so I had to tag it manually as follows

Album Artist = Delaney & Bonnie; Eric Clapton; George Harrison
    Track Artist = Delaney & Bonnie

I loaded it from the Music Folder rather than Albums or New Music - to save Rescanning.

When I click on the Artist in the Queue list I get odd results viz:

Name:  2020-01-14 13_33_35-Logitech Media Server.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  180.6 KB

Delany & Bonnie albums

Name:  2020-01-14 13_34_12-Inbox - jim.gooch@double6.co.uk - Outlook.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  184.5 KB

George Harrison albums

Name:  2020-01-14 13_35_04-Logitech Media Server.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  18.5 KB

Don't be confused by the EC albums showing. These are tracks where D&B or George Harrison appear.

I have not seen this behaviour before but I hardly ever use the Music Folder. Could it be that?

NB This behaviour appears on both my Production server and my Raspbian dev server that is testing Michael's Spotify integration.
    Last edited by d6jg; 2020-01-14 at 06:44.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Queue link oddity
    I have not seen this behaviour before but I hardly ever use the Music Folder. Could it be that?
    I have no idea. LMS provides artist, artist_id, trackartist, and trackartiist_id for each item in the queue. When you click on an artist link in the queue, if the track has 'artist' material asks LMS to list albums with artist_id matching the queue entry. If a track has no artist, but has trackartist (no idea what the difference is here) Material will use trackartist_id if it has it, artist_id (if it has it) otherewise.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    I have no idea. LMS provides artist, artist_id, trackartist, and trackartiist_id for each item in the queue. When you click on an artist link in the queue, if the track has 'artist' material asks LMS to list albums with artist_id matching the queue entry. If a track has no artist, but has trackartist (no idea what the difference is here) Material will use trackartist_id if it has it, artist_id (if it has it) otherewise.
    All tracks are tagged as I posted before.

I have just tested with B.B. King & Eric Clapton, Riding With The King

Album artist = B.B. King & Eric Clapton; Eric Clapton; B.B. King
    Track artist = B.B. King & Eric Clapton

Similar result.
    Some links show B.B. King & Eric Clapton others show Eric Clapton but none show B.B. King. I have other albums for all.

Strange.
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom

I have that album too, but only tagged with "B.B. King & Eric Clapton"

All I can suggest is that you look at the JSON and COMETD debuggin in Material. COMETD will tell you whats in the queue - so you should be able to see the IDs and strings. When clicking on a link a JSONRPC call will be made to get the "albums" - the debug will tell you what artist_id was used.

You could then navigate via 'My Music' and see what artist_id is then used for the album listing.

If you do the above (the JSON logging) you should see a call such as: ["01:02:03:04:05:06",["albums",0,25000,"artist_id:20","tags:jlys","sort: yearalbum","library_id:0"]] You should be able to use CURL to call this on the commandline as follows:

Code:
    curl 'http://localhost:9000/jsonrpc.js?id=2' --data '{"id":1,"method":"slim.request","params":["01:02:03:04:05:06",["albums",0,25000,"artist_id:20","tags:jlys","sort:yearalbum","library_id:0"]]}'
    If you do the following (which specifies artist_id is the TRACKARTIST) does the response look like it contains the correct items?

Code:
    curl 'http://localhost:9000/jsonrpc.js?id=2' --data '{"id":1,"method":"slim.request","params":["01:02:03:04:05:06",["albums",0,25000,"artist_id:20","tags:jlys","sort:yearalbum","role_id:TRACKARTIST","library_id:0"]]}'
    If this works, then for the case where trackartist_id is used I guess I should specify role_id of TRACKARTIST

I loaded it from the Music Folder rather than Albums or New Music - to save Rescanning.
    I always thought that "Music Folder" also triggers a rescan while "Disks and folders" (Additional Browse Modes) does not.
    QLMS 7.9.3@2.04 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    If you do the above (the JSON logging) you should see a call such as: ["01:02:03:04:05:06",["albums",0,25000,"artist_id:20","tags:jlys","sort: yearalbum","library_id:0"]] You should be able to use CURL to call this on the commandline as follows:

Code:
    curl 'http://localhost:9000/jsonrpc.js?id=2' --data '{"id":1,"method":"slim.request","params":["01:02:03:04:05:06",["albums",0,25000,"artist_id:20","tags:jlys","sort:yearalbum","library_id:0"]]}'
    If you do the following (which specifies artist_id is the TRACKARTIST) does the response look like it contains the correct items?

Code:
    curl 'http://localhost:9000/jsonrpc.js?id=2' --data '{"id":1,"method":"slim.request","params":["01:02:03:04:05:06",["albums",0,25000,"artist_id:20","tags:jlys","sort:yearalbum","role_id:TRACKARTIST","library_id:0"]]}'
    If this works, then for the case where trackartist_id is used I guess I should specify role_id of TRACKARTIST
    I'll try that this evening if I get a chance.
    Dining Room -> SB Boom

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    I always thought that "Music Folder" also triggers a rescan while "Disks and folders" (Additional Browse Modes) does not.
    I think @d6jg knows that a newly added album gets added to the database when browsed to through "Music Folder", that's why he does it (so do I).

And you are correct, browsing to a newly added album through "Discs and folders" doesn't add it to the database (surprisingly), I just tried it
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0-b7 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    I think @d6jg knows that a newly added album gets added to the database when browsed to through "Music Folder", that's why he does it (so do I).
    I'm sure he knows, but I'm genuinely confused. Does this trigger a rescan for only that single folder then? Or is it just added to "New Music" and not to the database (full-text search won't find it, maybe even not browsable through Album Artists, etc.)?

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    And you are correct, browsing to a newly added album through "Discs and folders" doesn't add it to the database (surprisingly), I just tried it
    I learned that recently.
    QLMS 7.9.3@2.04 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    I'm sure he knows, but I'm genuinely confused. Does this trigger a rescan for only that single folder then? Or is it just added to "New Music" and not to the database (full-text search won't find it, maybe even not browsable through Album Artists, etc.)?

I learned that recently.
    I knew it did some kind of scan but not what exactly. I donĺt think the full text index or database optimisation happens but ....

I have never used Disks & Folders in earnest so didnĺt know there was a difference.
    Dining Room -> SB Boom