Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 672 of 713 FirstFirst ... 172572622662670671672673674682 ... LastLast
Results 6,711 to 6,720 of 7126
    Quote Originally Posted by Shozzer View Post
    I just downloaded the APK from GitHub, no compiling. I will see about downloading from f-droid. I suspect that will be better in the long run as I guess that it will make updating more convenient when new releases are made.
    Ok, just downloaded from f-droid and this works fine, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stevebaggs View Post
    That was my initial reaction to the change, but then I discovered that you can get to the settings for both the server and any player using the Information item on the top level menu. The server and all the players are listed, and under each one is the option to go direct to the settings for that device. I find that quicker and more convenient than the "old" approach, where server and player settings appeared on the top-level menu. I'm not actually sure whether this facility is new or I've only just noticed it, but it's very useful.
    I don't understand how having to open the top-level menu, click on "Information", and then click on "Server Settings" or scroll down and click on "Player Settings" can be quicker than if all the "Settings" options were still just listed in the top-level menu — i.e. it's now 3 clicks for Server or Player Settings, compared with just 2 clicks in the "old approach".

(That said, accessing the Settings menus via "Information" is certainly easier than having to multiply scroll/swipe to the bottom of the interface Settings page to click on them.)
    Last edited by SpiderJon; 2021-03-02 at 16:12.
    Duet x 3, via various hi-fi. LMS on Raspberry Pi OS (Debian 10) on a Pi4.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderJon View Post
    I don't understand how having to open the top-level menu, click on "Information", and then click on "Server Settings" or scroll down and click on "Player Settings" can be quicker than if all the "Settings" options were still just listed in the top-level menu — i.e. it's now 3 clicks for Server or Player Settings, compared with just 2 clicks in the "old approach".

(That said, accessing the Settings menus via "Information" is certainly easier than having to multiply scroll/swipe to the bottom of the interface Settings page to click on them.)
    +1

So, what was the problem with the original menu? ;/

it's now 3 clicks for Server or Player Settings, compared with just 2 clicks in the "old approach".
    Oh, wow! 1 extra click...

having to multiply scroll/swipe to the bottom of the interface Settings page to click on them.)
    You don't have to, the settings are accessible from the settings dialog's menu - as stated in the release anouncement.

I have been ignoring this conversation up until now, but its getting silly. I do not intend to re-add the items to the main menu:

a) Having (if you use the APK) 4 settings entries in one menu is silly - most other systems have 1 settings entry
    b) Some have complained that the meannig of each was not clear - hence why in the settings dialog, below the relevant settings button, there is now some help text
    c) For 2.3.2 I'm adding icon-buttons in the settings dialog's toolbar to access application, player, and server settings (if there is space) - so now its open menu, click settings, click app/player/server button
    d) Material Skin is mobile focused, in this layout there is more than 2 entries (Settings, Information) in the menu - as some of the browse, or queue, items are placed into the menu because of size constraints. With these and 3 superflous settings entries it was getting crowded
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Quote Originally Posted by stevebaggs View Post
    ...but then I discovered that you can get to the settings for both the server and any player using the Information item on the top level menu.
    I wasn't aware of that until I read your post. Cool feature!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post

You don't have to, the settings are accessible from the settings dialog's menu - as stated in the release anouncement.

I have been ignoring this conversation up until now, but its getting silly. I do not intend to re-add the items to the main menu:

a) Having (if you use the APK) 4 settings entries in one menu is silly - most other systems have 1 settings entry
    b) Some have complained that the meannig of each was not clear - hence why in the settings dialog, below the relevant settings button, there is now some help text
    c) For 2.3.2 I'm adding icon-buttons in the settings dialog's toolbar to access application, player, and server settings (if there is space) - so now its open menu, click settings, click app/player/server button
    d) Material Skin is mobile focused, in this layout there is more than 2 entries (Settings, Information) in the menu - as some of the browse, or queue, items are placed into the menu because of size constraints. With these and 3 superflous settings entries it was getting crowded
    You did say you were having second thoughts about it

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Well, yes. I get your sarcasm*, but the point was that 3>2, which can't be "quicker" or "more convenient" — just that, and nothing more than that.

* that isn't sarcasm. I realise 1 extra click is essentially trivial, but it's mildly irksome at times when you need to repeatedly access the Server settings for some reason or other.

Indeed, and I owe you an apology — I obviously didn't read/interpret what you originally wrote and have only just noticed that the Server and Player Settings entries are on the dialog menu of the Interface page.

Again, thanks for all the work you've done on Material Skin. It's a great achievement.

Add to Playlist

Thanks for the 'add to playlist' from queue feature, it's a great one for me. And thank you again for all your hard work on Material Skin, it's getting better all the time.

* that isn't sarcasm. I realise 1 extra click is essentially trivial, but it's mildly irksome at times when you need to repeatedly access the Server settings for some reason or other.
    The Material menu can also be customised to meet your specific needs. When I was new to LMS I also had to access the server settings all the time, and added a menu item for "server settings classic" in the actions.js, as outlined here: https://github.com/CDrummond/lms-mat...ed-Information
    (Note to self: Now that I'm done tweaking I never use this anymore, so may as well remove it)

Quote Originally Posted by jeroen2 View Post
    The Material menu can also be customised to meet your specific needs. When I was new to LMS I also had to access the server settings all the time, and added a menu item for "server settings classic" in the actions.js, as outlined here: https://github.com/CDrummond/lms-mat...ed-Information
    (Note to self: Now that I'm done tweaking I never use this anymore, so may as well remove it)
    Thanks for that jeroen2 — very useful to know.