Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 490 of 491 FirstFirst ... 390440480488489490491 LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,900 of 4905

Announce: Material Skin

>> Seeing how you've dispatched problems that seemed on their face
    >> difficult with ease, maybe you could implement this; when a playlist is
    >> loaded into the play queue, remember its name for subsequent saving of
    >> said queue to a playlist of the same name.

As craig mentioned this feature is part of LMS already - albeit slightly
    broken.

>> The memory of that playlist
    >> does not need to persist across LMS restarts (though that would be nice
    >> because playing queue is), but it would be very desirable for it to
    >> persist across browser restarts. Easy? Doable?

The name would not persist across LMS restarts. But as it's server-side,
    it does persist across browsers etc.

> Unfortunately not. Early releases of Material displayed the name of the
    > current playlist, but if you save this as a new name the status message
    > from LMS still has the old name - so this was removed. See
    > https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver/issues/227 If that was fixed,
    > then yes I would show and use that as the initial value in the save
    > dialog.

I committed a fix to LMS8. If you could give it a try? Binaries should
    be out shortly. If that's good, I'll back-port to 7.9.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post

SpiderJon > Unfortunately, press-and-hold doesn't work on a laptop's touchpad :-(

Does on my 5 year old ASUS laptop.

Hmm... I'm also on a ASUS laptop (a UX305), which is about 3 or 4 years old, so I must be doing something wrong.

Here's what I'm doing.

I go to the "More info" page for stream that I've skipped back to the beginning of.

I click-and-hold on "Skip forwards 1 mins".

Nothing happens... until I release the click. Then it skips forward the 1 minute and goes back to LMS Home.
    Duet x 3, via various hi-fi. LMS on Raspbian 9 (stretch) on a Pi3B+.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderJon View Post
    Hmm... I'm also on a ASUS laptop (a UX305), which is about 3 or 4 years old, so I must be doing something wrong.

Here's what I'm doing.

I go to the "More info" page for stream that I've skipped back to the beginning of.

I click-and-hold on "Skip forwards 1 mins".

Nothing happens... until I release the click. Then it skips forward the 1 minute and goes back to LMS Home.
    No. Not that button. The next/prev track buttons in material's now-playing view. If you long-press these (more than 1 sec) they skip.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

What happens with other UIs, do they close to? As, AFAIK, its the 'action' that dictates what should happen - i.e if it should go back when clicked, etc. So, not keen on adding a special case here.

That said, you can press-and-hold on Material's prev/next buttons to skip by a configurable amount. Holding the button down will cause multiple skips.
    Does press and hold to skip work on BBC radio stations from iPlayer? I can see it working for local tracks but not for radio.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Does press and hold to skip work on BBC radio stations from iPlayer? I can see it working for local tracks but not for radio.
    No idea. All it does is send a "time" command to LMS (with the current position +/- the defined skip step). Perhaps this does not work for iPlayer. If not, there is not much I can do. I cannot see any, reliable way, to detect that the skip actions in 'More' are skip actions - and, as stated, they indicate to go back to parent when pressed.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

No. Not that button. The next/prev track buttons in material's now-playing view. If you long-press these (more than 1 sec) they skip.
    Ah, with you now.

Yes, that works fine in a catch-up program, where you're starting at the beginning of a complete "file" of a program (eg, something in BBC iPlayer Extras).

However, if you click the next track >| button in a live stream that you've skipped back to the start of, it just goes to the "live" position — ie, "now" — rather than skipping forward in 1 minute increments from where you were.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderJon View Post
    Ah, with you now.

Yes, that works fine in a catch-up program, where you're starting at the beginning of a complete "file" of a program (eg, something in BBC iPlayer Extras).

However, if you click the next track >| button in a live stream that you've skipped back to the start of, it just goes to the "live" position Ś ie, "now" Ś rather than skipping forward in 1 minute increments from where you were.

Right, I might have a work-around for this. If the command is a "trackinfo items" command that returns no results, then I'll ignore the "next window" setting. So, clicking on these will leave the more-info showing as is. Hope this does not break other use cases...

Right, I might have a work-around for this. If the command is a "trackinfo items" command that returns no results, then I'll ignore the "next window" setting. So, clicking on these will leave the more-info showing as is. Hope this does not break other use cases...

Thanks for replying so quickly to my original post, and for taking the time to look into it all.

And thanks for Material Skin in the first place.

I'm probably missing something but how do I select another server from the app?

On the desktop version selecting the 'settings' cog at the top of the screen apens up the home screen from which I can select which server to connect to but this seems to be missing from the app.

OK I've found how to change servers - selecting Application Settings - tap here to discover server will toggle between the servers.