Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 476 of 491 FirstFirst ... 376426466474475476477478486 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,760 of 4905
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Does everything work if you uninstall the material skin plugin?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

No. That is the odd part. Installing material skin seemed to change a number of functions that did not return to previous typical function upon reinstalling the default GUI, and it also changed related functions in iPeng on my mobile devices.

One of the most annoying persisting issues is that the only way I can get new music into my LMS Library is to do a full "clear and rescan" of my library, simply "checking for new and changed" music no longer works; additionally only importing "all song data" works, I can no longer "only read mixable status" from Music IP. What is also confusing is that sometimes the failed scans show successful completed import of the correct number of tracks from Music IP, BUT it does not add them to the LMS library. It only adds to the LMS library if I meet the just explained criteria when configuring the scan, and even then there is an occasional failed scan whereby it shows Music IP import successful, but does not add to the library, effectively deleting my 115,000 track library except for 700 tracks on playlists in a different location.

Another funky change with installing Material Skin is that the viewable playlist no longer shows the previous tracks of a random playlist, only current and upcoming. I have worked around this by installing Michael Hergers "what song was that?" plugin, but that only has value when sitting at my PC, not on my Mobile devices running iPeng which is my most common way to manage playback.

The ultimate solution could be clean reinstall of LMS, but I'm not sure if I should use current, previous or Beta versions (nor whether I should even reinstall Material Skin. As much as I am impressed with it's functionality aside from the annoying glitchiness it has introduced into my setup, It's not a good time personally for troubleshooting and reconfiguring as it could take awhile to find the correct, or best, combination of server/GUI.

Quote Originally Posted by rivrwing View Post
    the annoying glitchiness it has introduced into my setup
    Sorry, but those issues cannot be caused by Material skin. It does not override LMS functionality, only provides some extra JSONRPC commands (all material-skin-*) and provides some web pages, within 'material' There is no way for it to cause any issues with LMS. Don't set it as the default, and it will not override anything.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

confirming that I see none of these issues with Material skin. And as the author of the plugin notes, it would be impossible for Material to modify the LMS behaviors you mention (it's just a skin....it still uses the underlying LMS program). Something is obviously wrong in your setup, but it's not caused by material. I'd recommend you reinstall using LMS 7.9.3 (although it is called beta, it is basically final; LMS 8.0 is now the true beta).
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.3>Squeezelite
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

You definitely should not need to import all song data from MusicIP. Hard to tell what is wrong with your LMS. I would start from scratch and reinstall it

Instead of start-fresh-by-reinstall, what got me back to sanity when things got as hopeless as you describe, was to stop LMS, delete all db* files from Squeezebox/Cache folder, and then let it rebuild it all by doing a full re-scan. Since you are using MIP, I'd let it refresh the music folder before doing LMS rescan as well. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by MarSOnEarth View Post
    Instead of start-fresh-by-reinstall, what got me back to sanity when things got as hopeless as you describe, was to stop LMS, delete all db* files from Squeezebox/Cache folder, and then let it rebuild it all by doing a full re-scan. Since you are using MIP, I'd let it refresh the music folder before doing LMS rescan as well. Good luck.
    That is definitely worth trying first.

Announce: Material Skin

> Instead of start-fresh-by-reinstall, what got me back to sanity when
    > things got as hopeless as you describe, was to stop LMS, delete all db*
    > files from Squeezebox/Cache folder, and then let it rebuild it all by
    > doing a full re-scan.

That's definitely true. A re-install almost _never_ would fix anything.
    Problems lie in the data (cache, prefs), not in the code. Re-installing
    likely wouldn't even get rid of that data, thus not change the situation
    at all.

--

Michael

Move queue to another player

Just noticed that "Move queue to another player" function seems to affect (mess up) synchronized group. Is this known bug or intended behavior ?
    I've two SB Radios sync'ed in Stereo pair (Kitchen L & Kitchen R), when I transfer (move queue) to another player (SBT), one channel of Kitchen turns off and syncs with SBT, with other channel of Kitchen still playing and becoming unsynced.
    BTW I have Radios in volume and power sync to act as one.. so this becomes messed up as result.

Not sure if its down to Material Skin or smth else?
    Please help, Thanks
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 3x Squeezebox Radio, SqueezeCommander, Material Skin Apk, Squeezelite-X, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 with Material Skin

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    Just noticed that "Move queue to another player" function seems to affect (mess up) synchronized group. Is this known bug or intended behavior ?
    I've two SB Radios sync'ed in Stereo pair (Kitchen L & Kitchen R), when I transfer (move queue) to another player (SBT), one channel of Kitchen turns off and syncs with SBT, with other channel of Kitchen still playing and becoming unsynced.
    BTW I have Radios in volume and power sync to act as one.. so this becomes messed up as result.

Please help, Thanks
    The move queue will only move the queue of a single payer. It does this by powering on dest (if its off), syncing the dest to source, unsync the source, clear the queue of the source, the power off source. Perhaps move should be disabled if player is synced?
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post

Please help, Thanks
    Have you tried the "Music walk with me" plugin to see if that behaves differently. I think the "Move queue to a different player" is unique to Material Skin

Have you tried the "Music walk with me" plugin to see if that behaves differently. I think the "Move queue to a different player" is unique to Material Skin
    ...it is, it uses code in the Material perl server-side. However, this code is 'inspired' by music-walk-with-me.