Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 445 of 481 FirstFirst ... 345395435443444445446447455 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,450 of 4809
    Quote Originally Posted by MarSOnEarth View Post
    It depends (from MIP Wiki):

What music file types does MusicIP Mixer support? Here is a breakdown of what music file types MusicIP Mixer currently supports:

Windows - .m4a, .m4p, .mp3, .wma, .ogg, .flac and .wav files
    Mac - .m4a, .m4p, .mp3, .ogg, .flac and .wav files
    Linux - .mp3, .ogg, .flac and .wav files
    I have an idea for a work-around for this. I've discoved ffmpegfs for Linux. This is virtual filesystem that will auto-transcode files. So, I could have this setup so that all my m4a files appear as mp3 for MusicIP - which will allow it to analyse them. All I then need is to write a proxy for LMS <-> MusicIP that checks if MusicIP returned an mp3 file where it was really an m4a and change the returned path. Sounds easy enough. But, this would (I imagine) slow the MusicIP scanning even more... Still, if/when I get time I might investigate this some more.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    I have an idea for a work-around for this. I've discoved ffmpegfs for Linux. This is virtual filesystem that will auto-transcode files. So, I could have this setup so that all my m4a files appear as mp3 for MusicIP - which will allow it to analyse them. All I then need is to write a proxy for LMS <-> MusicIP that checks if MusicIP returned an mp3 file where it was really an m4a and change the returned path. Sounds easy enough. But, this would (I imagine) slow the MusicIP scanning even more... Still, if/when I get time I might investigate this some more.
    I found that changing the default MusicIP preferences for Analysis priority, Processor use and Number of threads I could scan 23 tracks in 7 minutes 30 seconds on an i5 7200U laptop.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I found that changing the default MusicIP preferences for Analysis priority, Processor use and Number of threads
    Where are these settings? Can't see them in MusicIPMixer nor the web page for MusicMagicServer
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Where are these settings? Can't see them in MusicIPMixer nor the web page for MusicMagicServer
    In the "File" drop down menu of MusicIP mixer select "Preferences" then "General" and you should find them if it is the same as the Windows version.

In the "File" drop down menu of MusicIP mixer select "Preferences" then "General" and you should find them if it is the same as the Windows version.
    No there in the Java GUI. Windows version works under wine though. Does it matter if the mp3's have numeric genres? For some reason my tagging software has use the numeric values for standard genres. I can write a script to replace with strings, but would rather not.

No there in the Java GUI. Windows version works under wine though. Does it matter if the mp3's have numeric genres? For some reason my tagging software has use the numeric values for standard genres. I can write a script to replace with strings, but would rather not.
    Not sure about the genres but if you are analysing files using a different installation of MusicIP to the one LMS uses then make sure the versions match. I use 1.8.1b on both Windows and Linux.

Not sure about the genres but if you are analysing files using a different installation of MusicIP to the one LMS uses then make sure the versions match. I use 1.8.1b on both Windows and Linux.
    Well LMS is on a pi4, so will need to use Linux there. I've run a quick test of 68 mp3 and 30 m4a music files, set to use 6 threads, and this completed in ~16minutes. What's odd is that I use the windows version of MusicIPMixer under wine, and it does not analyse m4a files - reads them in, but will not analyse. I then used ffmpegfs so that these would appear as mp3 files, and this worked. I thought the windows version supported m4a...

Well LMS is on a pi4, so will need to use Linux there. I've run a quick test of 68 mp3 and 30 m4a music files, set to use 6 threads, and this completed in ~16minutes. What's odd is that I use the windows version of MusicIPMixer under wine, and it does not analyse m4a files - reads them in, but will not analyse. I then used ffmpegfs so that these would appear as mp3 files, and this worked. I thought the windows version supported m4a...
    I have some m4a files which have been analysed and have the fingerprint but they are ignored by the Pi so the Windows version should analyse them. No idea if running under Wine makes a difference.

...Does it matter if the mp3's have numeric genres?...
    No. MIP analysis/fingerprinting does not care about what's in the tags. It just "listens" to tunes; locally, which may explain the different format support under different OSes.

Spicefly Sugarcube under "My Music" menu

Using the Default skin under the My Music menu there are three Spicefly Sugarcube items: Sugarcube Live View, Sugarcube History, and Sugarcube Quick Play. These are not available under the Material skin.

Would it be possible to have those menus available in Material?

I know you don't have Sugarcube installed; you're just getting MusicIP up and running. When I follow the debug information in your footer and review the Console output I'm not seeing anything related to Sugarcube. I do see that my libraries, favorites, and apps are requested. What would you need from me to further isolate the issue?

Name:  default-sugar.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  83.5 KB Name:  material-no-sugar.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  49.0 KB