Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445
    I've come across odd behaviour on Chrome on Android and I cannot reproduce it at will, but it has happened more than once. I will unlock my tablet/phone or re-open Chrome from the "all running apps" button and Material will demand auth details again, Chrome fills them in as I have saved the details but then pops-up yet another auth dialogue without pre-filled details, ad infinitum - regardless of Cancel or re-submit, I then have to go back to my home screen and kill Chrome as there is no way out.

If I find a way to re-produce this I will detail more. Doesn't happen on Windows 10 / Chrome, just Android.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Galbavy View Post
    I've come across odd behaviour on Chrome on Android and I cannot reproduce it at will, but it has happened more than once. I will unlock my tablet/phone or re-open Chrome from the "all running apps" button and Material will demand auth details again, Chrome fills them in as I have saved the details but then pops-up yet another auth dialogue without pre-filled details, ad infinitum - regardless of Cancel or re-submit, I then have to go back to my home screen and kill Chrome as there is no way out.
    What auth details? Is your server password protected? Never tried with that. My guess is that the timers in the background are firing repeatedly, causing the auth to be prompted for. Seeing as LMS is not secured via HTTPS, what is the point of password protecting it?

It's pretty standard, especially if you want to access it outside the home network. Protecting the external access with TLS is possible via a proxy.

I believe it's a requirement, in fact, for the settings at least - there are other threads about that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Galbavy View Post
    It's pretty standard, especially if you want to access it outside the home network. Protecting the external access with TLS is possible via a proxy.

I believe it's a requirement, in fact, for the settings at least - there are other threads about that too.
    Yeah, I was just looking at that. Still, not sure what I can do. The skin can't be loaded until a connection is made, by entering username+password, and this is all handled by the browser. There is no way for my code to get the auth details, so I can't use any existing auth for new calls. If I could somehow access the username+password, then I could simply add these to all the JSONRPC calls - which is trivial to do. But, I cannot get access to it, without re-asking the user for username+password for the skin to store - which seems silly.