Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 267 of 289 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 2882
  1. #2661
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    3,134
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Yeah, that was the one I wanted. (Helped me debug the icon mapping )

    To know whether to show a 'More' entry, Material checks if 'more' is defined as a base action (it is here), and if the item has a "item_id" (which id does) => 'More' is shown in menu.
    What should appear under the "more" context menu? There is no "more" entry using the default skin or with Orange Squeeze.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  2. #2662
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    What should appear under the "more" context menu? There is no "more" entry using the default skin or with Orange Squeeze.
    I don't know. Perhaps it should not be shown here, but it is difficult to know when it should be shown. (AFAIK) this is not documented. Still, what's there does no harm.

  3. #2663
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,314

    Announce: Material Skin

    > I'd use nice icons, but I can only re-map based upon the icon name - and
    > Spotty uses duplicates here. If it used more suitable names (even if the
    > images were copies) I could map better...


    Those items with duplicate icons are dynamically generated by Spotify
    (at least in theory - haven't seen them change much recently...).
    Therefore there's no good matching for Spotty either.

    --

    Michael

  4. #2664
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > I'd use nice icons, but I can only re-map based upon the icon name - and
    > Spotty uses duplicates here. If it used more suitable names (even if the
    > images were copies) I could map better...


    Those items with duplicate icons are dynamically generated by Spotify
    (at least in theory - haven't seen them change much recently...).
    Therefore there's no good matching for Spotty either.
    Really? As Spotty/OPML.pm sets the image for "Transfer Playlist" to "plugins/Spotty/html/images/playlist.png". If this was "plugins/Spotty/html/images/playlist-transfer.png" (even if this PNG was a copy of playlist.png) then Material could re-map to a Material icon. No biggie, just might make things look nicer.

    Not an issue for me, as I don;t use Spotify

    I also thought about mapping the Apps icons (Spotty, Radio Paradise, etc) to monochrome Material-like icons - but as I don't have a complete list of apps, this would leed to inconsistencies.

  5. #2665
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,314

    Announce: Material Skin

    >> Those items with duplicate icons are dynamically generated by Spotify
    >> (at least in theory - haven't seen them change much recently...).
    >> Therefore there's no good matching for Spotty either.

    >
    > Really? As Spotty/OPML.pm sets the image for "Transfer Playlist" to
    > "plugins/Spotty/html/images/playlist.png". If this was
    > "plugins/Spotty/html/images/playlist-transfer.png" (even if this PNG was
    > a copy of playlist.png) then Material could re-map to a Material icon.
    > No biggie, just might make things look nicer.


    Ah right, that one not. I thought about those items like "Editor's
    picks", "Genres and Moods" etc.

    > Not an issue for me, as I don;t use Spotify


    Neither for me. Though I do use Spotty :-)

    > I also thought about mapping the Apps icons (Spotty, Radio Paradise,
    > etc) to monochrome Material-like icons - but as I don't have a complete
    > list of apps, this would leed to inconsistencies.

    There's no finite list of those, as people can add plugins any day.

    --
    --

    Michael

  6. #2666
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Ah right, that one not. I thought about those items like "Editor's
    picks", "Genres and Moods" etc.
    Well, and just to be picky, "Genres and Moods" is hard-coded to "inbox.png". Which confused me, inbox? I take it that was just because it was the most appropriate LMS icon you could find

  7. #2667
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14

    MP3 embedded art

    Name:  Screenshot_2019-10-12_18-06-11.png
Views: 125
Size:  147.5 KB

    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Looked into this. I can request the cover, and for files with embedded cover art it works. For otherer, even if there is cover-art in the folder, the radio-tower icon is shown. AFAICS, there is no way for me to know what is a valid cover and what will be the radio tower. So, I'm unsure about this.
    Thanks for the response, you said 'for files with embedded cover art it works' - the mp3 files listed on the LHS have embedded cover art (as per the one playing shown on the RHS and in the 'now playing' bar). I insert the jpg cover using FFmpeg, shouldn't the image be shown or is there something I'm not understanding?

    paul

  8. #2668
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,314

    Announce: Material Skin

    > Well, and just to be picky, "Genres and Moods" is hard-coded to
    > "inbox.png". Which confused me, inbox? I take it that was just because
    > it was the most appropriate LMS icon you could find


    Correct. I "inherited" the icons from the official implementation a few
    years ago to ease the transition for existing users. Therefore the
    choice was rather limited.

    --

    Michael

  9. #2669
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by pshepherd View Post
    Thanks for the response, you said 'for files with embedded cover art it works' - the mp3 files listed on the LHS have embedded cover art (as per the one playing shown on the RHS and in the 'now playing' bar). I insert the jpg cover using FFmpeg, shouldn't the image be shown or is there something I'm not understanding?

    paul
    Ignore my inital response, I was incorrect. Material was incorrectly modifying the API call, now fixed for the next release. So, just leave as is and wait for 1.1.0 - which I wil release as soon as I get the time.

  10. #2670
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Ignore my inital response, I was incorrect. Material was incorrectly modifying the API call, now fixed for the next release. So, just leave as is and wait for 1.1.0 - which I wil release as soon as I get the time.
    Great, thanks for the speedy response.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •