Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 539 of 561 FirstFirst ... 39439489529537538539540541549 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,390 of 5602
    Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    With the flurry of activity around the Home button I'm wondering if this question was missed?
    Curently Material does not support 'Extras' - I'm not even sure how to get the list! However, I will try and add support in the next feature release. I've created an issue on the github page so it is not forgotten.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderJon View Post
    I'm worried that I've missed something obvious, but does Material Skin have the same options as the Default skin to just show "text-only" in the Browse panel and "Hide Artwork" in the Queue panel?
    Not currently, and I'm not really sure I see the use case. However, I'll look into this for the next feature release, and I've created an issue on the github page so it is not forgotten.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Not currently, and I'm not really sure I see the use case.
    I know I'm in a minority (and maybe quite a small one), but I find having artwork displayed against pretty much everything very distracting, especially as many album covers are indecipherable as thumbnails. (It may be an age-related eyesight thing, but it's certainly the case for me.)

In many circumstances it also means you can get more lines of content in a given space, which is good when browsing through lots (hundreds, thousands) of albums and tracks

However, I'll look into this for the next feature release, and I've created an issue on the github page so it is not forgotten.
    Many thanks! Much appreciated.
    Duet x 3, via various hi-fi. LMS on Raspberry Pi OS (Debian 10) on a Pi4.

Date Column

I've noticed that when listing artists albums with year selected from the AZ search, if the number of albums exceeds the room on the screen, sometimes a date column appears to the left, as shown below:
    Name:  bp1.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  54.9 KB

However, this doesn't always happen, as below:
    Name:  pf1.JPG
Size:  49.4 KB

I've checked the MP3Tags for both these artists/albums and they appear to be correct (ie. the album years are all correctly populated). Any idea why these two search behave differently? It's a useful feature (having the date I mean), so I'd just like to get it consistent if possible.

BTW Thanks for a great job Craig, this is a really neat addition to the squeezebox eco-system, I use it across multiple PC's and android devices, appreciate all your hard work.
    Location 1: LMS 8.0 on Win 10 Brix Server, x2 SB Radios, x1 Touch, x1 Controller : Location 2: LMS 8.0 on Win 10 Brix Server, x2 SB Radios, x1 Duet Receiver, x1 Controller : Alexa Mediaserver Smart Skill, Material Android, SqueezeliteX control

Quote Originally Posted by staresy View Post
    I've noticed that when listing artists albums with year selected from the AZ search, if the number of albums exceeds the room on the screen, sometimes a date column appears to the left, as shown below:

I've checked the MP3Tags for both these artists/albums and they appear to be correct (ie. the album years are all correctly populated). Any idea why these two search behave differently? It's a useful feature (having the date I mean), so I'd just like to get it consistent if possible.

BTW Thanks for a great job Craig, this is a really neat addition to the squeezebox eco-system, I use it across multiple PC's and android devices, appreciate all your hard work.
    It looks to me that if the number of albums is greater than 25 then the year list appears. I have artists with 24 albums where it doesn't appear and artists with 26 where it does. So your Pink Floyd is below the threshold.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by staresy View Post

The dates on the left are just a "Jump list". Click one and see what happens
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 6.1.0/pi screen/Allo Boss DAC Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Radio

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 7xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    It looks to me that if the number of albums is greater than 25 then the year list appears. I have artists with 24 albums where it doesn't appear and artists with 26 where it does. So your Pink Floyd is below the threshold.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Ah, yes, that would make sense. Is it possible to lower the threshold to around 12 (roughly the number of albums that displays on a screen in either list or grid mode) after which the jump list appears? Just a thought as the year jump list is quite handy to navigate with, but no worries if it's complex or has deeper consequences I haven't thought of. Pretty minor either way.

Thanks
    Location 1: LMS 8.0 on Win 10 Brix Server, x2 SB Radios, x1 Touch, x1 Controller : Location 2: LMS 8.0 on Win 10 Brix Server, x2 SB Radios, x1 Duet Receiver, x1 Controller : Alexa Mediaserver Smart Skill, Material Android, SqueezeliteX control

Curently Material does not support 'Extras' - I'm not even sure how to get the list! However, I will try and add support in the next feature release. I've created an issue on the github page so it is not forgotten.
    Thank you very much!
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.4 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.3 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Test system - LMS 8.0 nightly on Win10Pro - Squeezeplay
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Quote Originally Posted by Casagrande View Post
    Hi, I'm trying to install this plugin on LMS 7.9.1, but no luck. Applying does not restart the server. Then I get the same as you describe: it always shows that there is an update available. But in my case the plugin is not even installed yet. And again checking the update and applying still does not restart the server.

When I disable and enable the LMS service on my NAS, the plugin is not installed and the process repeats. The plugin cannot be installed.

Sorry if this is something obvious I'm doing wrong...
    Still very interested in this plugin. Tried again but still unable to install the plugin on LMS plugin screen. Although now I don't get the available update notification anymore. Anybody?
    • Squeezeboxes: 2x Boom (bedroom and spare), 1x piCorePlayer on Pi Model 3B+ with 7" Touchscreen and HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro connected via RCA to Arcam AVR390 (living room and kitchen, replacement for defective Squeezebox Receiver), 1x piCorePlayer on Pi Model 4B connected via mini jack/RCA to Arcam AVR100 (study, ongoing project)
    • Control: Orange Squeeze
    • Server: LMS 7.9.1 on ReadyNas Ultra 2
    • Library location: ReadyNas Ultra 2

Hi,

I have been using the functionality to add a link in the "now playing" screen when right-cliking on the album. I have not followed the latest changes, and not sure I understand from reading the wiki whether this is already possible: can I add links to the drop-down menu on my library's album grid, that is, without first playing the album ?

Thanks