Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 750 of 766 FirstFirst ... 250650700740748749750751752760 ... LastLast
Results 7,491 to 7,500 of 7656
    formerly known as Fletch
    Will there be any major changes as a result of Material You?

Updated to 2.4.6 the other day, notice a bit of weirdness. On the "Manage Players" screen, the two renderers that are set to fixed output level no longer have the "..." at the right. Unable to config them via the "Manage Players" screen now...

Name:  Screenshot 2021-06-21 4.53.59 PM.png
Views: 242
Size:  67.4 KB
    piTouchÖ w/JustBoom DigiHat -> RME ADI-2 DAC FS -> JBL 305P MkII monitors; LMS 8.1.1 on piCorePlayer/Pi 4; Material Skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Miksis View Post
    Will there be any major changes as a result of Material You?
    No.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Quote Originally Posted by chicks View Post
    Updated to 2.4.6 the other day, notice a bit of weirdness. On the "Manage Players" screen, the two renderers that are set to fixed output level no longer have the "..." at the right. Unable to config them via the "Manage Players" screen now...
    Oops! Only affects fixed volume players where you have configured Material to hide the volume controls. Will fix for next release.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Podcasts - saving as a favourite and moving to a folder

@cpd73

I've just started using the Podcast plugin and it made me notice a couple of things that Material doesn't appear able to do.

Podcasts
    =====
    When the Podcast plugin is used to carry out a search there seems to be no way of making a favourite other than playing the track/podcast and using the 'track/more' (three dots), then selecting 'Save to Favourites'. That in itself is useful for saving a single podcast but operates in a different way to the default skin. The default skin only allows saving a favourite direct from the initial search not from playing an individual podcast.

It may be clearer if I give an example of what I'm trying to do...
    1. Using Material go into 'Apps/Podcasts' and search for 'The Life Scientific' - it probably returns 3 items but I'll only refer to BBC Radio 4 'The Life Scientific' - this is at the top level and is similar to finding a music album. With Material the only option is to select 'The Life Scientific' - a number of podcasts are returned. Playing one of the podcasts and using 'track/more' allows the podcast to be saved to favourites - the default skin doesn't allow this so it's a useful addition to Material.

2. Using the Default Skin again go into 'Apps/Podcasts', search for 'The Life Scientific'. In this case each of the returned items (top level) can have a favourite created. This effectively means that the original search is saved, something that can't be done with Material.

Folders - Resolved!
    ====
    Next, creating and using folders in 'Home/Favourites'. I want to keep the favourites menu manageable so I created a new folder 'Podcasts'. With Material there appears to be no way of moving an existing favourite track/podcast into the new folder. It can only be done in a roundabout way by using the default skin via 'Home/Favourites/Edit' and then dragging the track/podcast into the new folder. As far as I can see this isn't possible with Material.

I hope that all makes some kind of sense!

I have no idea if it's possible to get Material to 'Favourite' the initial Podcast search or to move saved favourites into a folder or if it's worth the effort. Maybe it's a limitation of the Classic Skin that Material is based on. It can all be done using a combination of Material and the Default Skin but it would be nice to be able to do it all in one place - Material. What do you thing Craig?
    Last edited by bobertuk; 2021-06-22 at 12:59. Reason: New information
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 8.20 (from nightlies) on Windows 10
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    1 x iMac server running macOS Big Sur
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Focal Electra 1027 Be II Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by bobertuk View Post
    @cpd73

Folders
    ====
    Next, creating and using folders in 'Home/Favourites'. I want to keep the favourites menu manageable so I created a new folder 'Podcasts'. With Material there appears to be no way of moving an existing favourite track/podcast into the new folder. It can only be done in a roundabout way by using the default skin via 'Home/Favourites/Edit' and then dragging the track/podcast into the new folder. As far as I can see this isn't possible with Material.
    You can drag and drop favourites into folders in Material, as long as you don't have the option to sort Favourites alphabetically selected in settings, and you aren't using the grid view.
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    You can drag and drop favourites into folders in Material, as long as you don't have the option to sort Favourites alphabetically selected in settings, and you aren't using the grid view.
    Ha-ha, you're right! I thought it had been implemented but could never get it to work - always used grid view though. I've just tried it out in list view and it's easy.

Thank you.
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 8.20 (from nightlies) on Windows 10
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    1 x iMac server running macOS Big Sur
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Focal Electra 1027 Be II Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by bobertuk View Post
    When the Podcast plugin is used to carry out a search there seems to be no way of making a favourite
    Is this with LMS 8.2? I've (today) been updating Material to better handle the new podcast search from this. I can add the ability favourite a search result, but not favourite a podcast from the main listing. Search results return the URL required to add a favourite, but when just listing subscribed podcasts no URL is returned. Not sure why this is, or how the default skin can do this - but it uses (I think) a different API.

Announce: Material Skin

>> When the Podcast plugin is used to carry out a search there seems to be
    >> no way of making a favourite

>
    > Is this with LMS 8.2? I've (today) been updating Material to better
    > handle the new podcast search from this. I can add the ability favourite
    > a search result, but not favourite a podcast from the main listing.
    > Search results return the URL required to add a favourite, but when just
    > listing subscribed podcasts no URL is returned. Not sure why this is, or
    > how the default skin can do this - but it uses (I think) a different
    > API.

This is all new (<48h). The built-in Podcast search would not favorite a
    feed/show, but only individual episodes. What you can do from the search
    result is subscribe to a show (add its URL to the list of URLs, as used
    before). There are two new CLI commands to manage the subscriptions:

podcasts addshow https://feed.show.com/feed.xml "your favourite show"
    podcasts delshow https://feed.show.com/feed.xml

I hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    This is all new (<48h). The built-in Podcast search would not favorite a
    feed/show, but only individual episodes. What you can do from the search
    result is subscribe to a show (add its URL to the list of URLs, as used
    before).
    In the default skin if you use the new podcast search there is a heart icon (for adding to favourites) and an 'M' icon (for more info) for each of the podcast feeds. However, there is also a heart icon when listnig subscribed podcasts - eg when opening the podcast app. Its this second heart icon that I cannot recreate with Material - as when the subscribed podcast list is queried no URL is returned in the response.