Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Unable to get Spotty to run

I have installed the Spotty plugin but get the error "There has been a problem running the Spotty helper application. Please make sure you have the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime (32-bit!) installed on your system." I have installed C++ Runtime and tried restarting LMS (also restarted the PC and also tried disabling and re-enabling the plugin). Maybe I missed something in the setup but I thought all I needed to do was tick the "enable" box and, after seeing the C++ message, I then downloaded and installed this but even after the restarts the message remains.

I am sure it will be an oversight on my part but I can't figure out where I have gone wrong. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Running LMS 8.1.0 - 1608700893 on Windows 10 Pro
    Installed apps on the PC includes "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86)" and the version is 14.0.23026.0

Server log contains:

[21-01-03 11:21:01.5646] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::canSpotifyConnect (84) Cannot support Spotty Connect, need at least helper version 0.12.0
    [21-01-03 11:33:19.6644] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::get (51) Didn't find Spotty helper application!
    [21-01-03 11:33:19.9846] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::get (51) Didn't find Spotty helper application!
    [21-01-03 11:33:20.1341] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::get (51) Didn't find Spotty helper application!
    [21-01-03 11:33:20.1345] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::canSpotifyConnect (84) Cannot support Spotty Connect, need at least helper version 0.12.0

> I have installed the Spotty plugin but get the error "There has been a
    > problem running the Spotty helper application. Please make sure you have
    > the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime (32-bit!) installed on your system." I

Could you please run the spotty.exe from a command window? You'll find
    the path in Settings/Information. It's inside a Bin folder below
    Spotty's plugin folder.

--

Michael

Hi Michael

Running spotty.exe results in an error message "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

> Running spotty.exe results in an error message "The application was
    > unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the
    > application."

Did you install the MS Visual C 2015 runtime recently? Try re-installing it.

--

Michael

Problem solved:

Visual C runtime was installed in the last couple of days - when Spotty reported that it was required and I used the link in the Spotty settings page which contained the error message about requiring C++. Uninstalling and reinstalling made no difference but downloading the latest version of C++ redistributable solved the problem. The version linked from Spotty is 14.0.23026.0 and it is now working with 14.28.29325.

Thanks for your help.

Malcolm

Spotty not running on Windows 10 32 bit

Hello all,

I have installed LMS 8.1.1 version on an old Dell 1525 for my vacation house.
    When installing Spotty, I get the same message as Malcom, but it says "64bit":
    There has been a problem running the Spotty helper application. Please make sure you have the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime (64-bit!) installed on your system.
    This is weird, because the Dell is a 32-bit machine.
    I have installed the Visual C++ Runtime, but the 64 bit will not run, only the X86 will install.

Log file last entries:
    Cette version de C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\Cache\INSTAL~1\Plugins\Spotty \Bin\MSWIN3~1\spotty.exe n'est pas compatible avec la version de Windows actuellement ex‚cut‚e. V‚rifiez dans les informations systŠme de votre ordinateur, puis contactez l'‚diteur de logiciel.
    [21-08-03 12:08:05.1342] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::get (51) Didn't find Spotty helper application!
    [21-08-03 12:08:05.1346] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::get (52) Last error:
    Cette version de C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\Cache\INSTAL~1\Plugins\Spotty \Bin\MSWIN3~1\spotty.exe n'est pas compatible avec la version de Windows actuellement ex‚cut‚e. V‚rifiez dans les informations systŠme de votre ordinateur, puis contactez l'‚diteur de logiciel.
    [21-08-03 12:08:05.1349] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::canSpotifyConnect (84) Cannot support Spotty Connect, need at least helper version 0.12.0

Running spotty from cli gives:
    C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\Cache\INSTAL~1\Plugins\Spotty \Bin\MSWIN3~1>spotty.exe
    Cette version de C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\Cache\INSTAL~1\Plugins\Spotty \Bin\MSWIN3~1\spotty.exe n’est pas compatible avec la version de Windows actuellement exécutée. Vérifiez dans les informations système de votre ordinateur, puis contactez l’éditeur de logiciel.

How (if at all possible) can I get the right version of Spotty ?

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    My google search did not land me there!

It worked, thanks a lot.
    Not sure I understood the "put it somewhere else" but I will keep a backup copy of that spotty exe file somewwhere outside of LMS.

Thanks again Man and Michael!
    Last edited by Ligérien; Yesterday at 04:19.