Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    I just tried the same URL in web browser and it failed

https://github.com/CDrummond/lms-mat...rial-0.0.7.zip
    tried to access
    https://github-production-release-as...2Foctet-stream
    and failed with
    DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
    however, that could well be a special case for me because I have an Ad blocker that returns NXDOMAIN ... but I would not have expected it to complain about this URL.

Try it from your own desktop browser

Edit:
    Ah - I see that it did download for you in the end
    Yeah, I tried disabling my ad blocker, and still didn't d/l within the LMS Plug-in settings (had to manually install)
    I see there is a new version, but LMS did not update it (I have "Update plugins automatically" checked).
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Yeah, I tried disabling my ad blocker, and still didn't d/l within the LMS Plug-in settings (had to manually install)
    I see there is a new version, but LMS did not update it (I have "Update plugins automatically" checked).
    Do you have the Perl SSL library installed? That could still be the reason LMS fails to download the plugin.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Just updated to 0.08.
    I just wanted to say: Many thanks again!
    Best skin ever!

One question: Which plugin needs to be installed, so that hitting the infomation button in the top will show entries song texts / bio / ...?

This is a weird one. I closed the skin when on the now playing screen but when I reopened it and changed to the browse screen nothing was listed except my pinned items.

Edit. To get the menu items to appear I needed to select a player from the top of the screen.

Last edited by slartibartfast; 2018-11-08 at 14:40.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Clicking on a Composer now works and returns an album list but I no longer see any names under Jazz Composers. They were definitely there in the last version .

Edit. If I select "use categories supplied from server" I do see Jazz Composers but otherwise I don't.
    Looking at things now, there is no way it could have worked before. When not "using categories supplied from server", the config of extended browse modes gives me textual Genre names. But the JSONRPC API requires genre_id's I'd have to convert the text names to ID's. I think the oly real way around it is to only have these extra modes if using the listing from the server.

This is a weird one. I closed the skin when on the now playing screen but when I reopened it and changed to the browse screen nothing was listed except my pinned items.

Edit. To get the menu items to appear I needed to select a player from the top of the screen.
    Yeah, I can recreate to - only happens when using browse modes from server. I'm pretty sure I know the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Looking at things now, there is no way it could have worked before. When not "using categories supplied from server", the config of extended browse modes gives me textual Genre names. But the JSONRPC API requires genre_id's I'd have to convert the text names to ID's. I think the oly real way around it is to only have these extra modes if using the listing from the server.
    I am pretty sure Jazz Composers did appear with the last version. When clicking on a Composer did not drill down to a list of albums, clicking on a Jazz Composer did work correctly. Strange.

The code has been updated (for the next release) to only show additional browse modes that use genre if listing comes from server; and to correctly intialise the browse page if using this listing and started not on the browse page.

Sorry for this.

Edit: Actually, in the next release additional browse modes will only be supported if categories are supplied by server.
    Last edited by cpd73; 2018-11-08 at 16:15.

I am pretty sure Jazz Composers did appear with the last version. When clicking on a Composer did not drill down to a list of albums, clicking on a Jazz Composer did work correctly. Strange
    I tried the 0.0.7 release with my Genre that had Composers, and nothing was returned. Indeed with the API it can't be. The only way it would have worked is if the Genre was not passed, then all Composers would be returned.

Fairly minor but "What was that tune" does not display artwork for local tracks bit does for Spotty and BBC iPlayer.