Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

2 points

Quote Originally Posted by bondav View Post
    I just struggled with point 7 : when you copy all this : "sudo TSLIB_FBDEVICE=/dev/fb0 TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event0
    /usr/local/bin/ts_calibrate" you just have this "sudo TSLIB_FBDEVICE=/dev/fb0 TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event0".
    I have to add manually the second line : "/usr/local/bin/ts_calibrate"
    I also struggled with the above. I just want to point out for those as clueless as me that it all goes on one line, with a space between event0 and /usr/local
    Code:
    sudo TSLIB_FBDEVICE=/dev/fb0 TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event0 /usr/local/bin/ts_calibrate
    Even after sorting that out it still wouldn't work. I got an error stating that the device isn't a touchscreen. I had a wireless keyboard with a trackpad attached. Once I disconnected that and used Putty to connect instead it worked fine. I imagine that there can't be 2 mouse devices, possibly.

thanks again.

Marc

There can be 2 devices, but then you have to figure out the event numbers for the touchscreen vs the mouse. And there is a chance that they get a different number during a reboot, so some extra scripting would need to be done.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

success !!

Hello

As I was not able to use my WaveShare 7'' 1024*600 with juvelite due to calibration issue (I'll debug this later), I've used a Waveshare 5'' (B) instead.

It works like a charm ! Very nice !

I build a small enclosure in wood, finished with bamboo sheet (as my kitchen)

Name:  jivelite.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  53.6 KB

Congrats to Picoreplayer & Jivelite authors !

Thomas

Problem with making the settings persistent

Quote Originally Posted by andjo View Post
    Great & thanks for your responses.
    Meanwhile I got the usb version of the monitor an adopted the pdf. I also copied the long codes into text boxes - so copy & paste should now work correctly.
    Cheers
    Attachment 26045
    Thanks for this good guide!

Nevertheless it needs an update.
    I just installed the latest piCorePlayer 6.1.0 and was struggling with making the settings persistent. The file /home/tc/www/cgi-bin/pcp_startup.sh does not exist. I found it at /usr/local/etc/init.d/pcp_startup.sh instead.
    Furthermore the changes were always lost after reboot. It seems a Backup on the main page of the GUI before reboot did the trick.

hi sakos,

In pCP 6.0.0 the web interface was moved from /home/tc/www/ to /var/www/ and some of the scripts had to move as well. These means some older documentation will be out of date.

As you found out, because pCP is mainly RAM based, you need to backup changes to make them persistent.

regards
    Greg

Hi friends,

with help of this thread I got my 7" Touchscreen working.
    1. Calibrated the touchscreen.
    2. disabled autostart of jivelite
    3. added user-command
    Code:
    sudo SDL_VIDEODRIVER=fbcon SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb0 TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event1 SDL_MOUSEDRV=TSLIB /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite
    It starts and it works perfect. But on every start I have to select the language and the skin.
    How can I skip this 2 steps on startup and load jivelite with german and an touch-skin (1024x600)?

thanks

You need to save your settings so they survive a reboot.
    You do this from the picoreplayer menu from within jivelite, something like "save to sd-card," if remember correctly
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like piCorePlayer

found the "save"-option, but on reboot it asks for language and skin again. 8-(

on the jivelite touchscreen: settings - picoreplayer - save on SD-card
    is there another option to save settings for jivelite?

Or have I to change my startup-command?