Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by korrus View Post
    Yes i have done the calibration with ts_calibrate. I run ts_test and it was working fine. Only with jivelite is working strange.
    ...
    With a 3.5" and a 4" Waveshare display I hade similar issues.
    The problem was that jivelite started with the wrong input device.
    And the solution can be found here: link

    best regards
    PiPlayer

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    9
    Hello,
    can you explain how to do the ts_calibration and the ts_test?
    thanks
    david

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by bondav View Post
    Hello,
    can you explain how to do the ts_calibration and the ts_test?
    thanks
    david

    For my Waveshare screen:

    cat /proc/bus/input/devices -> find right parameters to use below (like fbx, eventy)

    sudo TSLIB_FBDEVICE=/dev/fb1 TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event0 /usr/local/bin/ts_calibrate
    optional: sudo TSLIB_FBDEVICE=/dev/fb1 TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event0 /usr/local/bin/ts_test

    Find jivelite.sh in the filesystem, copy to
    $TCEMNT/tce/jivelite.sh (/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/jivelite.sh in my case)

    Add next to other exports (use your own values) in the copied jivelite.sh:
    export SDL_VIDEODRIVER=fbcon
    export SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb0
    export SDL_MOUSEDEV=/dev/input/event0
    export SDL_MOUSEDRV=TSLIB

    Make piCore backup.

    Reboot

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    8

    Wavesare 5" strange behavior

    It's not helping. See at my movies. When I make the calibration touch is accurate but not working in Jivelite.
    ts_calibrate and ts_test working ok. They are using some other driver than Jivelite.
    I run this: sudo SDL_VIDEODRIVER=fbcon SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb0 SDL_MOUSEDEV=/dev/input/event0 SDL_MOUSEDRV=TSLIB /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite.sh &
    It is shown on my first movie.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWPYXU835AA

    How to force to jivelite use same driver and parameter as ts_configure and ts_test?

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyzzy View Post
    For my Waveshare screen:

    cat /proc/bus/input/devices -> find right parameters to use below (like fbx, eventy)

    sudo TSLIB_FBDEVICE=/dev/fb1 TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event0 /usr/local/bin/ts_calibrate
    optional: sudo TSLIB_FBDEVICE=/dev/fb1 TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event0 /usr/local/bin/ts_test

    Find jivelite.sh in the filesystem, copy to
    $TCEMNT/tce/jivelite.sh (/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/jivelite.sh in my case)

    Add next to other exports (use your own values) in the copied jivelite.sh:
    export SDL_VIDEODRIVER=fbcon
    export SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb0
    export SDL_MOUSEDEV=/dev/input/event0
    export SDL_MOUSEDRV=TSLIB

    Make piCore backup.

    Reboot
    Xyzzy, there is nothing when I try cat /proc/bus/input/devices.
    If I plug my usb mouse, I can see the mouse but there is no touchscreen. May be I missed something in the install process?

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by korrus View Post
    I run this: sudo SDL_VIDEODRIVER=fbcon SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb0 SDL_MOUSEDEV=/dev/input/event0 SDL_MOUSEDRV=TSLIB /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite.sh &
    Please try to start jivelite directly instead of using the jivelite startup script.
    Run this: sudo SDL_VIDEODRIVER=fbcon SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb0 SDL_MOUSEDEV=/dev/input/event0 SDL_MOUSEDRV=TSLIB /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite &

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    8

    Wavesare 5" strange behavior

    Quote Originally Posted by piPlayer View Post
    Please try to start jivelite directly instead of using the jivelite startup script.
    Run this: sudo SDL_VIDEODRIVER=fbcon SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb0 SDL_MOUSEDEV=/dev/input/event0 SDL_MOUSEDRV=TSLIB /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite &
    It doesn't change anything. It still the same problem. It's like on first movie again. Cursor is back to that left upper corner when i lift my finger, and there is no action.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by korrus View Post
    It doesn't change anything. It still the same problem. It's like on first movie again. Cursor is back to that left upper corner when i lift my finger, and there is no action.
    Ok, here's another try:
    sudo SDL_VIDEODRIVER=fbcon SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb0 TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event0 SDL_MOUSEDRV=TSLIB /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by piPlayer View Post
    Ok, here's another try:
    It's WORKING!!! Thank YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    11

    Calibrating Waveshare 5"

    Hi,
    I┤m just trying to calibrate the screen (not the touch function) of my Waveshare 5".
    All provides skins of the piCorePlayer have a bar on the right side and I just can┤t figure out how to calibrate the screen.

    Name:  screen.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  243.6 KB

    Apparently one needs the ts_calibrate tools - but I just can┤t install those tools.
    THX for your help - I hope I┤m in the right section,
    Greetings

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •