Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Bluetooth on piCorePlayer, pi Zero W

I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere. I have been beating my head against the wall on this one. I have followed several tutorials for how to get bluetooth working on the latest piCorePlayer (5.0.0) but nothing seems to be working. I get as far as enabling BT in the Wifi settings tab, but no matter what I do, I can't get the Connect Daemon to start, which means I can't scan or find any devices. I've tried other pi zeros so I know this isn't hardware-related. Has anyone gotten BT to work on the latest version using a pi zero? If so, how did you do it? I have little experience with this particular player setup so I'm not sure what would be useful for me to post from the config or the logs.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ccellist; 2019-08-06 at 07:43. Reason: Added statement about config and logs.

Quote Originally Posted by ccellist View Post
    I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere. I have been beating my head against the wall on this one. I have followed several tutorials for how to get bluetooth working on the latest piCorePlayer (5.0.0) but nothing seems to be working. I get as far as enabling BT in the Wifi settings tab, but no matter what I do, I can't get the Connect Daemon to start, which means I can't scan or find any devices. I've tried other pi zeros so I know this isn't hardware-related. Has anyone gotten BT to work on the latest version using a pi zero? If so, how did you do it? I have little experience with this particular player setup so I'm not sure what would be useful for me to post from the config or the logs.

Thanks.
    This message might be helpful: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post945433

And the rest of that thread, too.
    LMS (recent) running on Debian X86_64; 5 Squeezelite players (3 in PiCorePlayer), 3 players connected via Airplay Bridge
    1 Squeezebox Radio (upgraded UE Smart Radio) now mostly retired

Moving to relevant thread

Quote Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
    This message might be helpful: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post945433

And the rest of that thread, too.
    Thanks so much for the reply. I've read the entire thread so I'll move this conversation over there.