Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Local 'ogg flac' stream no longer plays after update to latest 7.9.2 nightly.

I'm running piCorePlayer 4.0 on pi 3b+ with iqaudio dac setup as player and lms server.
    This also plays to a Touch, 5 squeezebox radios and a hifiberry dac squeezelite instance,
    all working great for local music (flacs and some mp3s) on usb thumbdrives plugged into the pi
    running lms, also internet radio, spotty, youtube and iplayer all working fine.

However I have one other source which I use a lot which is a pi3b+ with cirrus logic audio card
    this takes the analogue output from a cassette deck, cd player and vinyl record player and using
    liquidsoap and icecast2 broadcasts an ogg flac stream on my network, I tune in the url have it saved as a favourite
    and can listen to analogue on any of my squeezeboxes.

This also has been working great.....until I updated to the recent lms 7.9.2 nightly (7.9.2~1539701916 with the updated sox binaries)
    now unfortunately the stream no longer plays. Reverting to a previous backup of 7.9.2 brings back sound playback of the stream.

Any help much appreciated and if I can give any more info logs etc please let me know.

Regards gegen

Local 'ogg flac' stream no longerplays after update to latest 7.9.2 nightly.

Could you please edit types.conf, modifying the line for "ops opus" to
    look like this instead:

ops opus audio/opus,audio/ogg;codecs=opus audio

Then restart LMS. Would that help?

--

Michael

Hi Michael

That fixed it! Thankyou very much, good to have some old vinyl synced around the house again!
    Do I need to make this edit if I update LMS on another occasion?

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Could you please edit types.conf, modifying the line for "ops opus" to
    look like this instead:

ops opus audio/opus,audio/ogg;codecs=opus audio

Then restart LMS. Would that help?

--

Michael

Local 'ogg flac' stream no longerplays after update to latest 7.9.2 nightly.

> That fixed it! Thankyou very much, good to have some old vinyl synced
    > around the house again!
    > Do I need to make this edit if I update LMS on another occasion?

No need, I just committed that change. We recently added support for Ogg
    Opus. And the mime types configuration for Opus "hijacked" other Ogg
    streams. This change defines more specific mime types to prevent this
    issue. Thanks for the heads up!

--

Michael

Great, thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > That fixed it! Thankyou very much, good to have some old vinyl synced
    > around the house again!
    > Do I need to make this edit if I update LMS on another occasion?

No need, I just committed that change. We recently added support for Ogg
    Opus. And the mime types configuration for Opus "hijacked" other Ogg
    streams. This change defines more specific mime types to prevent this
    issue. Thanks for the heads up!

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by gegen View Post
    I'm running piCorePlayer 4.0 on pi 3b+ with iqaudio dac setup as player and lms server.
    This also plays to a Touch, 5 squeezebox radios and a hifiberry dac squeezelite instance,
    all working great for local music (flacs and some mp3s) on usb thumbdrives plugged into the pi
    running lms, also internet radio, spotty, youtube and iplayer all working fine.

However I have one other source which I use a lot which is a pi3b+ with cirrus logic audio card
    this takes the analogue output from a cassette deck, cd player and vinyl record player and using
    liquidsoap and icecast2 broadcasts an ogg flac stream on my network, I tune in the url have it saved as a favourite
    and can listen to analogue on any of my squeezeboxes.

This also has been working great.....until I updated to the recent lms 7.9.2 nightly (7.9.2~1539701916 with the updated sox binaries)
    now unfortunately the stream no longer plays. Reverting to a previous backup of 7.9.2 brings back sound playback of the stream.

Any help much appreciated and if I can give any more info logs etc please let me know.

Regards gegen
    I have a similar Pi /Liquidsoap / icecast2 setup. Iím looking for a means of turning it into an on demand recording device as well as FLAC stream source. Do you have any ideas in this regard?
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Hi d6jg

I use 'Squeezeplay' on my windows laptop to play the stream and then record with 'Cool Edit Pro' (a very old bit of software now) but I think you could use 'Audacity' to record.

If the recorded file has a number of tracks within it I then split and convert it to seperate tracks with 'CD Wave Editor' and tag with 'mp3tag'.

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    I have a similar Pi /Liquidsoap / icecast2 setup. Iím looking for a means of turning it into an on demand recording device as well as FLAC stream source. Do you have any ideas in this regard?

Hi d6jg

I use 'Squeezeplay' on my windows laptop to play the stream and then record with 'Cool Edit Pro' (a very old bit of software now) but I think you could use 'Audacity' to record.

If the recorded file has a number of tracks within it I then split and convert it to seperate tracks with 'CD Wave Editor' and tag with 'mp3tag'.
    Thanks but the purpose of the question is to add recording to the Pi that is already transcoding WAV to FLAC for output to LMS as a playable stream. Iíd just like to record it to WAV at the same time for later use with VinylStudio.

I have never heard of Cool Edit Pro. I have used a lot of recording software but now use VinylStudio on a netbook with a Behringer UCA202 to Record my vinyl and split it into FLACs. VinylStudio isnít free but itís by far the best at the job. I do use mp3tag and also Foobar2000 to add replay gain. Oh and Album Art Exchange for high quality cover art.
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom

Hi d6jg,

Sorry I misunderstood, the only recording I've done was not to the pi but to my laptop as I mentioned. I don't have any experience of using the pi in the way you suggest but wish you luck in your quest.

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Thanks but the purpose of the question is to add recording to the Pi that is already transcoding WAV to FLAC for output to LMS as a playable stream. Iíd just like to record it to WAV at the same time for later use with VinylStudio.

I have never heard of Cool Edit Pro. I have used a lot of recording software but now use VinylStudio on a netbook with a Behringer UCA202 to Record my vinyl and split it into FLACs. VinylStudio isnít free but itís by far the best at the job. I do use mp3tag and also Foobar2000 to add replay gain. Oh and Album Art Exchange for high quality cover art.

Hi d6jg,

Sorry I misunderstood, the only recording I've done was not to the pi but to my laptop as I mentioned. I don't have any experience of using the pi in the way you suggest but wish you luck in your quest.
    No problem.
    It would be an elegant add on wouldn't it though. A streaming Pi with perhaps a single start/stop button on it that started and stopped recording on demand. Easy to get the file off the Pi for later splitting etc

Slightly off topic but I would strongly recommend VinylStudio. It is the best I have used by a long way.
    Dining Room -> SB Boom