Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Not for me

Quote Originally Posted by lopasilver View Post
    Pulse version is working like a charm on Manjaro/Gnome.
    Thanks a lot
    I still can't get the right-hand button to work, which means that I can't get to the Now Playing or Playlist screens.

Would it be worth it to uninstall the Pulse version (squeezeplay-pulse-7.8.0-1149-x86_64.tgz is what I have installed) and try the squeezeplay-7.8.0-1188-x86_64.tgz package?

TIA

__________________________________________________ _____________________
    Logitech Media Server Version: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - ARCH-AUR-REL.7.9.2.arch2 running on Wandboard Quad, music library on SATA HDD
    Squeezebox Touch plugged into run-of-the-mill stereo rig via Musical Fidelity X-Act, extra speakers in kitchen, basement, and bedroom connected by ordinary (not unidirectional) copper cable.

did you try ti simply re-install it ?
    2 Touch, 2 Radios, Squeezeplay
    Synology DS213 w/ LmsUpdate: 7.9.2-168.0011
    Mac Pro /MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 & HP Probook 450 G5 /Manjaro Linux 18.1.0

Still not working: No Now Playing display

Quote Originally Posted by lopasilver View Post
    did you try ti simply re-install it ?
    Yeah, I did and also uninstalled and installed the non-pulse version. It's an improvement, but it's not working as it should:

The right-hand button shows the Now Playing (music notes) icon, but when I click and hold it I get the Playlist. I never see the Playlist icon at all. I can't get to the Now Playing display, which means I can't pause or adjust the volume (which for some reason is very low even when I crank up the system volume level).

All in all it's a deal-breaker for me the way it is, which is a shame, because I wanted to use it as a simple music player in Linux Mint. I've tried several and can't find one that comes close to being as good as Foobar 2000.
    Last edited by Lestrad; 2019-10-23 at 01:26. Reason: added info hoping programmer will look
    Logitech Media Server Version: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - ARCH-AUR-REL.7.9.2.arch2 running on Wandboard Quad, music library on SATA HDD
    Squeezebox Touch plugged into run-of-the-mill stereo rig via Musical Fidelity X-Act, extra speakers in kitchen, basement, and bedroom connected by ordinary (not unidirectional) copper cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestrad View Post
    Yeah, I did and also uninstalled and installed the non-pulse version. It's an improvement, but it's not working as it should:

The right-hand button shows the Now Playing (music notes) icon, but when I click and hold it I get the Playlist. I never see the Playlist icon at all. I can't get to the Now Playing display, which means I can't pause or adjust the volume (which for some reason is very low even when I crank up the system volume level).

All in all it's a deal-breaker for me the way it is, which is a shame, because I wanted to use it as a simple music player in Linux Mint. I've tried several and can't find one that comes close to being as good as Foobar 2000.
    I use this on Mint 19.2 = absolutely no issues.
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    I use this on Mint 19.2 = absolutely no issues.
    Thanks. Can you let me know exactly what version of Squeezeplay you use? Plus your source and how you installed it?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Lestrad View Post
    Thanks. Can you let me know exactly what version of Squeezeplay you use? Plus your source and how you installed it?

TIA
    I have this version:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms...4.tgz/download

I'll have to hunt down the install instructions - give me some time. I'll post back here.

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    I have this version:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms...4.tgz/download

I'll have to hunt down the install instructions - give me some time. I'll post back here.
    I followed the directions given here:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post923146

Brexit = ∞ stupidity