Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vlycop View Post
    You know what, i don't like running command from my desktop in order to get software
    I'll give you this, i made it myself quickly so i can't guarantee it but you if you'r under gnome, it will give you a nice icon an all.

make a file named squeezeplay.desktop in /opt/squeezeplay/ and copy this inside :
    Code:
    [Desktop Entry]
    Name=SqueezePlay
    Comment=Launch Jive GUI 
    Exec='/opt/squeezeplay/bin/squeezeplay.sh'
    Icon=/opt/squeezeplay/200px-ControllerAppIcon.png
    Terminal=false
    Type=Application
    Categories=Audio;AudioVideo;Application;
    Then download the official icon form the wiki and save it inside /opt/squeezeplay/
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/uploads/...lerAppIcon.png

Finish by creating a "soft link" between the file you created and /usr/share/applications/
    Code:
    sudo ln -s /opt/squeezeplay/squeezeplay.desktop /usr/share/applications/
    you now see it in you application launcher under Sound & Video, with fancy icon

I made this in 25sec, so i absolutely didn't look around to see if they was already some .desktop made, but i thought i might share anyway.
    Sorry for the noise if this was useless.
    Thanks - my fix was similar to yours.
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Home Mini, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI, I opened a new thread on this forum with title SqueezePlay on Linux does not connect to Logitech Media Server.
    Suggestions for solving my problem are much appreciated.

pulse or not?

Forgive me for adding to this thread, but it's helped me so much I can't resist:

I'm on Linux Mint 19, Intel x64. Which version should I try to install? squeezeplay-pulse-7.8.0-1149-x86_64, or squeezeplay-7.8.0-1149-x86_64.tgz?

TIA

Les
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    Logitech Media Server Version: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - ARCH-AUR-REL.7.9.2.arch2 running on Wandboard Quad, music library on SATA HDD
    Squeezebox Touch plugged into run-of-the-mill stereo rig via Musical Fidelity X-Act, extra speakers in kitchen, basement, and bedroom connected by ordinary copper cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestrad View Post
    Forgive me for adding to this thread, but it's helped me so much I can't resist:

I'm on Linux Mint 19, Intel x64. Which version should I try to install? squeezeplay-pulse-7.8.0-1149-x86_64, or squeezeplay-7.8.0-1149-x86_64.tgz?

TIA

Les
    Try the pulse version first. It automatically allows you to mix audio from other applications while playing music. I've never tested the builds on mint linux.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Try the pulse version first. It automatically allows you to mix audio from other applications while playing music. I've never tested the builds on mint linux.
    Great, thanks. Will do so as soon as I get a little time, and will report back here.
    Logitech Media Server Version: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - ARCH-AUR-REL.7.9.2.arch2 running on Wandboard Quad, music library on SATA HDD
    Squeezebox Touch plugged into run-of-the-mill stereo rig via Musical Fidelity X-Act, extra speakers in kitchen, basement, and bedroom connected by ordinary copper cable.

Success

Okay I got it installed and working following your instructions in the Readme that accompanies the package and vlycop's suggestion earlier in this thread.

Thanks!

Comments on Squeezeplay Pulse

The only problems I see is that the button at the upper right, which normally switches between Playlist and Now Playing, seems to work only intermittently, and that there's no choice of Now Playing displays (on the hardware Touch, touching the screen once cycles through the displays).

Quote Originally Posted by Lestrad View Post
    The only problems I see is that the button at the upper right, which normally switches between Playlist and Now Playing, seems to work only intermittently, and that there's no choice of Now Playing displays (on the hardware Touch, touching the screen once cycles through the displays).
    Clicking the mouse button with the pointer on the Now Playing screen cycles to the next one or pressing the [ key on the keyboard.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Clicking the mouse button with the pointer on the Now Playing screen cycles to the next one or pressing the [ key on the keyboard.
    Thanks! On my (French) keyboard I get "saving preset #9" when I hit the "5/(/[" key. I can't switch keyboard mappings easily or I'd try with QWERTY. "+" and "-" do work for volume up/down. I need to explore the table of shortcuts when I have more time.

Clicking with the pointer on the screen does nothing.

Try the pulse version first. It automatically allows you to mix audio from other applications while playing music.
    Pulse version is working like a charm on Manjaro/Gnome.
    Thanks a lot
    2 Touch, 2 Radios, Squeezeplay
    Synology DS213 w/ LmsUpdate: 7.9.2-168.0011
    Mac Pro /MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 & HP Probook 450 G5 /Manjaro Linux 18.1.0