Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

server remains in "The server is starting" on MacOS

On MacOS 10.14 the LMS control panels remains at "The server is starting". The Start Server button also remains grey.
    LMS runs normally. If I need to stop it, I just kill the perl process.
    The server log only displays: main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2,

server remains in "The server isstarting" on MacOS

> On MacOS 10.14 the LMS control panels remains at "The server is
    > starting". The Start Server button also remains grey.
    > LMS runs normally. If I need to stop it, I just kill the perl process.

If you quit the pref pane and restarted it, would the status be ok then?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Jackisidore View Post
    On MacOS 10.14 the LMS control panels remains at "The server is starting". The Start Server button also remains grey.
    LMS runs normally. If I need to stop it, I just kill the perl process.
    The server log only displays: main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2,
    Happened to me for a couple of years but it fixed itself when I changed the startup mode to never start automatically. The start server button became active and web interface also became usable.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > On MacOS 10.14 the LMS control panels remains at "The server is[color=blue]

If you quit the pref pane and restarted it, would the status be ok then?

--

Michael
    If I restart pref pane it's the same. server log shows a message about another copy of LMS running (I can't reproduce this every time I restart pref pane, most of the time the log is quiet)

[18-10-13 14:14:59.9485] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1539113931, Tue Oct 9 22:12:57 CEST 2018) perl 5.018002 - darwin-thread-multi-2level
    [18-10-13 14:14:59.9484] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1539113931, Tue Oct 9 22:12:57 CEST 2018) perl 5.018002 - darwin-thread-multi-2level
    [18-10-13 14:15:00.2010] Slim::Networking::UDP::init (39) FATAL: There is already another copy of the Logitech Media Server running on this machine. (Address already in use)
    [18-10-13 14:15:00.2014] Log::Log4perl::Logger::and_die (868) Warning: FATAL: There is already another copy of the Logitech Media Server running on this machine. (Address already in use) at /Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/lib/Log/Log4perl/Logger.pm line 900
    [18-10-13 14:15:00.2009] Slim::Networking::UDP::init (39) FATAL: There is already another copy of the Logitech Media Server running on this machine. (Address already in use)
    [18-10-13 14:15:00.2014] Log::Log4perl::Logger::and_die (868) Warning: FATAL: There is already another copy of the Logitech Media Server running on this machine. (Address already in use) at /Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/lib/Log/Log4perl/Logger.pm line 900
    Last edited by Jackisidore; 2018-10-14 at 01:56.

Quote Originally Posted by leeper View Post
    Happened to me for a couple of years but it fixed itself when I changed the startup mode to never start automatically. The start server button became active and web interface also became usable.
    Thanks for the tip. In this case it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackisidore View Post
    Thanks for the tip. In this case it didn't work.
    That sucks but I lived with it for a couple of years. Never impacted the player, just made it less elegant. A year ago another person changed startup to after boot and that fixed his same issue. I alos updated to the beta release of LMS dated the 5th I think...just in case that had anything to do with fixing this glitch. Good luck.

TuneIn has strange behaviour. If I remove the plugin it keeps running under My Apps with the name "PLUGIN_RADIOTIME_MODULE_NAME". If the Radio plugin is installed it lists as "TuneIn Radio". checked my accounts on mysqueezebox.com and tunein.com and everything looks ok.