Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Help! Wake on LAN suddenly not working for no obvious reason

Hello

I had a windows 10 update on 10/10 and after that, WOL won't work from any of my squeezeboxes or from Squeezepad.

Microsoft Support say restore to before 10/10, I've done it and the problem persists.

Any ideas?

Howard

Currently on Win 7, but I think Win 10 is similar. Type "Network and sharing center" in taskbar and open. On left click on "Change adapter settings". Right-click on your adapter and select "Properties". Click on "Configure" and go to the "Power Management" tab. Be sure the appropriate switches are enabled; should say something like "Allow this device to wake the computer", "Wake on magic packet", or "Wake on network broadcast". If unsure, post back with a list of available options.

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    Currently on Win 7, but I think Win 10 is similar. Type "Network and sharing center" in taskbar and open. On left click on "Change adapter settings". Right-click on your adapter and select "Properties". Click on "Configure" and go to the "Power Management" tab. Be sure the appropriate switches are enabled; should say something like "Allow this device to wake the computer", "Wake on magic packet", or "Wake on network broadcast". If unsure, post back with a list of available options.
    I'm afraid this is not the problem.

You can check two other things.

First, from a Command Window run
    Code:
    powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
    This should at least output the name of your network card.

Second, from the place in the network card's config dialog mentioned by Apesbrain select the Advanced tab and ensure that the settings "Wake on magic packet" and "Wake on pattern match" are enabled there as well. I'd assume that this is always true if the options on the PowerMgmt tab are set, but I'm not sure.

No luck Iĺm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by mandryka View Post
    No luck Iĺm afraid.
    Means what? Could you please be more verbose in your replies? Otherwise it's difficult to get the full picture.

I mean that I've followed all your suggestions and still I don't have WOL!

I've even changed the router (possibly silly) -- but no change.

I guess Microsoft did something in their last update which is not being corrected on restore.

Look at the network card drivers. Have they been updated at same time as W10? Try a rollback if they have.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

The powercfg command I've given above did output the name of your nw card?
    If yes, this nw card is the one connected to your router via LAN?
    If yes, its IP address is in the same network segement as the IP addresses of the squeezeboxes?
    And apart from the WOL problem the squeezeboxes function normally and are connected to the LMS on your PC?
    Do you have other devices in the same network that you could try sending WOL packets to the PC (e.g. there are apps for phones).