Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Great job! Would you be willing (and able) to make this available to other users? I'm not a regular Softsqueeze user, but just recently wanted to use it, too (working on a train, trying to fix a UI issue :-))?

bpa - I'm confused as to who's been keeping track of the latest download before. The official site (not updated in years) refers to a thread of yours. But the version string there seems to be older than what the web site is using?
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    bpa - I'm confused as to who's been keeping track of the latest download before. The official site (not updated in years) refers to a thread of yours. But the version string there seems to be older than what the web site is using?
    Sorry I cant' remmeber. I did a few tweaks and made a 3.9b1 - then I think someone else "volunteer" and so there is a 3.9b2 in Sourceforge.
    At bottom of this page my 3.9b1 is referenced
    http://softsqueeze.sourceforge.net/download.html

But this page references 3.9b2 http://softsqueeze.sourceforge.net/

Someone has updated Softsqueeze (to 3.9b2) and Squeezeslave in 2011 and 2014 resp at https://sourceforge.net/projects/softsqueeze/
    Softsqueeze might have been me but I can't find a 3.9b2 on my system.

I never updated squeezeslave so there is someone else involved.

Help debugging weird font/display issue

> Sorry I cant' remmeber. I did a few tweaks and made a 3.9b1 - then I
    > think someone else "volunteer" and so there is a 3.9b2 in Sourceforge.

Could be ralphy. He's got another download page for Softsqueeze (among
    all the other clients he's maintaining):

https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms...s/softsqueeze/

--

Michael

> Sorry I cant' remmeber. I did a few tweaks and made a 3.9b1 - then I
    > think someone else "volunteer" and so there is a 3.9b2 in Sourceforge.

Could be ralphy. He's got another download page for Softsqueeze (among
    all the other clients he's maintaining)
    Looks likely as I never built packages such as dmg or rpm.

I'd be happy to host the updated MacOS softsqueeze with the other softsqueeze packages on both sites.

I took over maintainance of the sourceforge softsqueeze site from Richard Titmuss and also created the squeezeslave and softsqueeze b2 releases.

Guess I missed the other reference to your b1 release. I can make whatever updates to those pages you want.

I did apply your b1 patch to the source and I couldn't remember what I changed for the b2 release either...good thing I imported the old cvs repo into github 3 years ago.

https://github.com/ralph-irving/soft...commits/master
    Last edited by ralphy; 2018-10-19 at 05:26. Reason: Added squeezeslave
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Great job! Would you be willing (and able) to make this available to other users? I'm not a regular Softsqueeze user, but just recently wanted to use it, too (working on a train, trying to fix a UI issue :-))?
    Absolutely happy to oblige. It's my first time packing a Java app on OSX , so I'm not sure if we'll discover any hidden dependencies, but I'm willing to try.

One good thing I read about Oracle's new Java Packager tool is that when making a native PKG or DMG for Mac, it bundles the entire JRE into the finished distribution. While this bumps up the size to a largish 75MB, it may ensue there are no compatibility problems if end users have a different native JDK or JRE installed.

So how do we go about this?

> So how do we go about this?

You should probably PM ralphy for a way to transfer the file?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I'd be happy to host the updated MacOS softsqueeze with the other softsqueeze packages on both sites.
    Hi Ralphy,

Here is some info about the recent build I completed.

To summarise: I built the most recent source I could find, on an OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan) machine using Oracle's Java 10 and ant (both installed via Homebrew). In addition, I updated lib JSch to fix a problem with the SSH tunnel feature which was no longer working. The issue was the older library (jsch-20040429.jar) did not understand newer key exchange protocols (kex) and so was failing to connect to modern ssh servers (see refs *1, *2). So I updated lib JSch to version jsch-0.1.54.jar. Finally, I bundled in the Java MP3 Plugin mp3plugin.jar (in frustration) because I couldn't find any way to get it to be picked up by the new Java 10 framework, no matter what I tried with classpaths etc. So the version of SoftSqueeze I built has the Java MP3 Plugin module bundled in. This may or may not still be a licensing issue?

I started by pulling down the source via:
    Code:
    cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@a.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/softsqueeze co -P softsqueeze3
    I'm not sure what version this corresponds to, perhaps it's softsqueeze-3.9b2?

Then:
    • jsch-0.1.54.jar was copied into softsqueeze3/lib and jsch-20040429.jar was deleted
    • mp3plugin.jar was copied into softsqueeze3/lib
    • softsqueeze3/.classpath was edited to update refs to lib JSch (patch file attached)
    • softsqueeze3/build.xml was edited to update refs to lib JSch, set a build version number (5, chosen at random), and bundle in mp3plugin.jar (patch file attached)

I then built it as follows:
    Code:
    % cd ~/src/SoftSqueeze/SoftSqueeze-src/softsqueeze3
    % export JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home -v 10`
    % export ANT_HOME="/usr/local/Cellar/ant/1.10.5/libexec”
    % PATH=$ANT_HOME/bin:$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH

% ant init media
    […]
    Notes:
    * used Java 10 b/c javapackager tool is not available in Java 11 (WTF?!)
    * ant finishes with an error due to missing install4j, it’s ok to ignore
    * ant creates (among many other things) media/softsqueeze_5.0.zip

Code:
    % unzip media/softsqueeze_5.0.zip -d media/softsqueeze_5.0
    [...]

% cd media/softsqueeze_5.0

% which javapackager
    /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-10.0.2.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/javapackager

% javapackager -version
    Java Packager version 10.0.2
    To make the installable PKG:
    Code:
    % javapackager -deploy -native pkg -name SoftSqueezeNicoBuild -BappVersion=5.0 -Bicon=/Applications/Softsqueeze.app/Contents/Resources/app.icns -srcdir . -appclass org.titmuss.softsqueeze.Application -outdir .. -v
    % ls -l ../*.pkg
    -rw-r--r--  1 Nico  staff  74921027 Oct 19 11:02 ../SoftSqueezeNicoBuild-5.0.pkg
    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 17.09.24.png
Views: 64
Size:  14.8 KB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 17.09.40.png
Views: 65
Size:  63.2 KB
    To make the DMG:
    Code:
    % javapackager -deploy -native dmg -name SoftSqueezeNicoBuild -BappVersion=5.0 -Bicon=/Applications/Softsqueeze.app/Contents/Resources/app.icns -srcdir . -appclass org.titmuss.softsqueeze.Application -outdir .. -v
    % ls -l ../*.dmg
    -rw-r--r--@ 1 Nico  staff  84022439 Oct 19 11:18 ../SoftSqueezeNicoBuild-5.0.dmg
    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 17.09.31.png
Views: 66
Size:  10.6 KB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 17.09.55.png
Views: 66
Size:  61.7 KB
    Notes:
    • The -Bicon option points to the original iconset that was part of the original installed version of SoftSqueeze (app.icns).
    • Obviously we should choose more universal values for the ant build number and final application name Please make whatever suggestions you think are appropriate.

Cheers,
    Nico

Patch files:
    patch files.zip
    Last edited by nico; 2018-10-23 at 01:24.

Thank you for the detailed build instructions.

I've been unable to ascertain the current license requirements for mp3plugin-1.0.jar.
    The current link to mp3plugin only provides access to the JMF MP3 plugin which doesn't include mp3plugin-1.0.jar AFAICT.

I tried to update the softsqueeze3 cvs today only to discover that my project admin access has been removed. I opened a ticket with sourceforge but I doubt they will fix it as I'm not the project owner only a contributor.

In the mean time I've updated my softsqueeze3 github repository with your jsch-0.1.54.jar change. I'm reluctant to add the mp3plugin-1.0.jar file until I can clarify the current licensing requirement. However, I've added a build-mp3plugin.xml file which just requires mp3plugin-1.0.jar be copied to the lib folder before running ant.

ant -DVERSION=3.9.1 -buildfile build-mp3plugin.xml clean init media

Could your issue with the mp3plugin jar file not loading be related to missing the -1.0 in the filename? My test version on linux loaded the mp3plugin jar file correctly, however I'm still using the 1.8jdk.

If you could replace your cvs checkout with a clone of the git repository and build a 3.9.1 macos SoftSqueeze installer package without mp3plugin-1.0.jar for the community that would be greatly appreciated.

I've uploaded the softsqueeze_3.9.1.zip I created to my lms clients site and would be happy to host your macos package there as well.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

> If you could replace your cvs checkout with a clone of the git
    > repository and build a *3.9.1* macos *SoftSqueeze* installer package
    > without mp3plugin-1.0.jar for the community that would be greatly
    > appreciated.

What's the limitation of running Softsqueeze without mp3plugin?

--

Michael