Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Has mp3plugin got caught in MP3 history ?

IIRC A few years ago the Fraunhofer Inst (sp?) didn't allow MP3 to be bundled so users had to download modules indivudually (like lame) but now time has passed ( see https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0...obody_noticed/ ) and I think Mp3 derived stuff can be included in packages systems.

That's my understanding as well, but I couldn't find any concrete confirmation on Oracle's site.
    In fact, I was unable to find the mp3plugin jar for download from Oracle.

According to Richard the mp3plugin uses less cpu than the spi version, back in 2005 that would have mattered, but not really now a days unless perhaps you are running softsqueeze on an arm cpu. There is a newer version of the mp3spi jar as well.

In my testing and as long as softsqueeze is built with the mp3plugin, you can remove it from the softsqueeze install file and mp3spi will be used. If you place the mp3plugin jar in the same folder as mp3spi softsqueeze found it...again that's using the 1.8jdk.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    If you could replace your cvs checkout with a clone of the git repository and build a 3.9.1 macos SoftSqueeze installer package without mp3plugin-1.0.jar for the community that would be greatly appreciated.
    Sorry for the delay... am traveling at the moment. I'll do this as soon as I get back.
    Last edited by nico; 2018-10-27 at 09:01.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    In fact, I was unable to find the mp3plugin jar for download from Oracle.
    When i was looking before, I found this page that referenced the "Java MP3 PlugIn":

https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/j...ad-137625.html

Following the Download link takes you to a page which contains Java Media Framework (JMF) downloads. But none of those jar files contained the same classes as the original mp3plugin jar, leading me to think this is a different animal (ie JMF).

I've uploaded softsqueeze 3.9.2 builds which include the latest released mp3 and vorbis spi decoders. 3.9.2 requires a 32-bit Java 8 or higher.

I couldn't update the jflac 1.2 decoder without modifying the code as the api was changed in 1.3.

I've tested the Windows package on XP and Win7 64-bit with a 32-bit JVM. You need to run the installer with administrator privileges.

The MacOS 3.9.2 install4j package I built still exhibited the display issues as discussed here and is also partially related to the very old install4j v3 that I own only supporting up to Java 6. Hopefully Nico will create a 3.9.2 MacOS installer for the community when time permits. For now, there is no 3.9.2 installer for mac.

I've also added release tags 3.9b1, 3.9b2, 3.9.1 and 3.9.2 to https://github.com/ralph-irving/softsqueeze3
    Last edited by ralphy; 2018-11-04 at 05:21.
    Ralphy

I finally tracked down the oracle 10.0.2 jdk for the mac and have created a MacOS softsqueeze 3.9.2 package installer which includes the oracle 10.0.2 jre.

A big THANK YOU to bpa and Nico for tracking down the softsqueeze osx display issue as discussed here and providing detailed build instructions for creating a java packager release.

For mp3plugin-1.0.jar availablity in softsqueeze, locate the jar file from an alternate source, copy it to /Applications/Softsqueeze.app/Contents/Java/lib and restart Softsqueeze, open settings->audio and change MP3 Decoder from JLayer to Java MP3 Plugin.
    Last edited by ralphy; 2018-11-07 at 06:21.
    Ralphy

Help debugging weird font/display issue

> A big THANK YOU to bpa and Nico for tracking down the softsqueeze osx
    > display issue as discussed here and providing detailed build
    > instructions for creating a java packager release.

And thank YOU for bringing it all together! I can confirm I can read
    that display again :-)

--

Michael

Hi all,

I'm finally back from all my travels and I saw ralphy has completed the OS X 3.9.2 build which fixes the display problem.
    Thank you ralphy!
    Please let me know if there are any further loose ends that need tidying up.

Cheers,
    Nico