Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Foobar as "controller" for LMS: is possible?

Hi!
    For listening my music I've got LMS 7.9.2 on a home server (with Ubuntu), Squeezelite-R2 on a Gentoo minipc.
    To access and play some music I use the browser and the classic LMS web-interface on a Windows 10 pc.
    I don't like the classic LMS interface: on my winpc I like much more Foobar as player.
    So my (stupid?) question is: it's possible to use Foobar as "controller" to browse and starts music from LMS to squeezelite?
    I don't think so, but asking is free...

If your lms server has some power - there is a extgui4lms plugin from roland0 that delivers a webgui.

Search for it - if your ubuntu system has some power - otherwise that webgui from roland is a little bit very slow.

Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post
    If your lms server has some power - there is a extgui4lms plugin from roland0 that delivers a webgui.

Search for it - if your ubuntu system has some power - otherwise that webgui from roland is a little bit very slow.
    Thank you for answer: I used extgui4lms in the past. I like the interface more than the classic, but is not what I'm looking for.
    So the answer to my question is a no go?

EDIT
    With extgui4lms interface I cannot browse my music by folders... (Or I missing it?)
    Last edited by mauri_va; 2018-10-12 at 02:42.

Not an answer to your question, but the foobar 2000 Android app does find LMS service on LAN and plays as a client on an Android phone. So I guess it's not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by mauri_va View Post
    Hi!
    So my (stupid?) question is: it's possible to use Foobar as "controller" to browse and starts music from LMS to squeezelite?
    I don't think so, but asking is free...
    Not really.
    An option to play Music from your Foobar library to your Gentoo MiniPC might be to install a UPnP software Media Renderer on it. Foobar with the Foo_Out_Upnp component installed plays to UPnP renderers really well.
    Server: LMS 7.9.1-168 on Synology DS216Play. SOX mansr ARMv7 & C-3PO.
    Players: SB Radio, RPi 3B+, 7ĺĺ Touch, pCP @Marshall Acton. Multiroom HiFi: Denon AVR-X4000, AVM M30 @Nubert NuLine/NuVero 5.1+2

Yes you can control your Squeezebox with Foobar2000. There is an old thread on this. But I believe your server has to be on the same PC as Foobar2000.

Awhile back I rewrote the install instructions and included all the necessary files.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post829910

I'm currently running this, BTW. So it still works.
    Last edited by Fizbin; 2018-10-16 at 14:22.