Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Bad Credentials Spotty login

Hello,

i'm running a LMS 7.9.1 with a spotty pluging on Synlogy 213j and i'm not able to get it done.

I'm using Spotify with my Facebook account, is this possible with Spotty? I tried also the device password Generator of Spotify. But all the time i get a bad credential error :-(

[18-10-11 17:04:37.7064] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::_findBin (196) Trying helper applicaton: /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/SpottyAARCH64Bin/Bin/spotty-custom
    [18-10-11 17:04:37.7731] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::_findBin (196) Trying helper applicaton: /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty
    [18-10-11 17:04:37.8354] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::_findBin (199) Found helper applicaton: /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty
    [18-10-11 17:04:37.8380] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::_findBin (196) Trying helper applicaton: /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-hf
    [18-10-11 17:04:37.9021] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::_findBin (199) Found helper applicaton: /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-hf
    [18-10-11 17:04:37.9048] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::_findBin (196) Trying helper applicaton: /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-muslhf
    [18-10-11 17:04:37.9594] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::_findBin (199) Found helper applicaton: /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-muslhf
    [18-10-11 17:04:38.2344] Plugins::Spotty::Settings::Auth::startHelper (145) Starting Spotty Connect deamon:
    /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-hf -c /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/spotty/__AUTHENTICATE__ -n Spotify Anmeldung (DiskStation) -a
    [18-10-11 17:04:40.2546] Plugins::Spotty::Settings::Auth::startHelper (145) Starting Spotty Connect deamon:
    /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-hf -c /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/spotty/__AUTHENTICATE__ -n Spotify Anmeldung (DiskStation) -a
    [18-10-11 17:04:43.0398] Plugins::Spotty::Settings::Auth::startHelper (145) Starting Spotty Connect deamon:
    [18-10-11 17:04:44.2734] Plugins::Spotty::Settings::Auth::startHelper (145) Starting Spotty Connect deamon:
    [18-10-11 17:04:46.2939] Plugins::Spotty::Settings::Auth::handler (63) Trying to authenticate using: /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-hf -c "/volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/spotty/__AUTHENTICATE__" -n "Spotify Anmeldung (DiskStation)" -u "uuuuuuuu" -p "xxxxxxxxxx" -a --disable-discovery
    [18-10-11 17:04:46.7386] Plugins::Spotty::Settings::Auth::handler (70) Anmeldung fehlgeschlagen: thread 'main' panicked at 'Authentication failed with reason: BadCredentials', /home/pi/.cargo/git/checkouts/librespot-40ba8a51a8dd7e0d/8983cc0/core/src/connection/mod.rs:93:21
    note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
    [18-10-11 17:04:46.7410] Plugins::Spotty::Settings::Auth::startHelper (145) Starting Spotty Connect deamon:
    /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-hf -c /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/

Any ideas

Best Regards
    Ralf
    Last edited by mherger; 2018-10-11 at 09:10.

Hi Ralf,

Most likely it's due to a special character in your password. You should probably change it, as it got logged (I edited it out) and posted here...

Thanks anyway, the accidental log (which I must change) was very helpful :-/.

BTW: would authentication using the Spotify app on your phone or computer not work?

Michael
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Hi Ralf,

Most likely it's due to a special character in your password. You should probably change it, as it got logged (I edited it out) and posted here...

Thanks anyway, the accidental log (which I must change) was very helpful :-/.

BTW: would authentication using the Spotify app on your phone or computer not work?

Michael

Now it works, YIPEEH. One day work, search and try, thank you very much :-)

Is it possible to get the LMS/Synlogy to my device list as available devices?

Update:
    Now it works! With the take over function. Now the squeezebox is in all devices available.

I'm very happy to get that working :-) Thank you very much!
    First impression is very good, all my Playlist are available :-)
    Last edited by hackbar; 2018-10-11 at 10:28. Reason: Update to last question

Bad Credentials Spotty login

> Now it works, YIPEEH.

Did you change the password (removing the special character), or did the
    Spotify app work?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Now it works, YIPEEH.

Did you change the password (removing the special character), or did the
    Spotify app work?

--

Michael

I changed the password

bad credentials

Quote Originally Posted by hackbar View Post
    I changed the password
    hi there

first: great work and marvelous support!
    second: had problems due to bad credentials too. here's the log:

[18-10-18 19:26:24.8462] Plugins::Spotty::API::_gotTokenResponse (179) Failed to get Spotify access token: 'true' expected, at character offset 0 (before "thread 'main' panick...") at /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/API.pm line 176.

thread 'main' panicked at 'Authentication failed with reason: BadCredentials', /home/pi/.cargo/git/checkouts/librespot-40ba8a51a8dd7e0d/8983cc0/core/src/connection/mod.rs:93:21
    note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
    [18-10-18 19:26:24.8476] Plugins::Spotty::API::_gotTokenResponse (194) Failed to get Spotify access token

third: i didn't had any stange character in my password, so i just deleted the spotify-acc in spotty-preferences and logged it in again and solved the problem!

keep up the great work!