Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    LMS, Run as administrator

    Using Windows 10 and LMS 7.7.6 as of this morning LMS failed to start automatically. The control panel says (in red) I should run as admin.
    I have tried right clicking the LMS icon in the start menu and clicking "run as administrator" and I have tried the same thing with the squeezetray icon in Program files. neither of these have worked and when I try to start LMS manually it turns off within seconds.
    What else can I try?
    Name:  LMS_prob_00.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  23.6 KB
    Last edited by anotherbob; 2018-10-11 at 03:36.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northampton, UK
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherbob View Post
    Using Windows 10 and LMS 7.7.6 as of this morning LMS failed to start automatically. The control panel says (in red) I should run as admin.
    I have tried right clicking the LMS icon in the start menu and clicking "run as administrator" and I have tried the same thing with the squeezetray icon in Program files. neither of these have worked and when I try to start LMS manually it turns off within seconds.
    What else can I try?
    Name:  LMS_prob_00.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  23.6 KB
    I think it means that you should run the control panel as admin.

    Have you tried first doing that, and then starting LMS from "Status" there?

    Are you using an admin username in Status/Startup Options? (e.g. ".\admin")
    Last edited by Furry; 2018-10-11 at 04:19.
    Living room: piCorePlayer, with USB to Marantz PM7005, TDL RTL3 speakers.
    Dining room: SB Boom.
    Kitchen: SB Radio 1/4 with battery.
    Bedroom 1: SB Radio 2/4 no battery, SB Radio 3/4 with battery.
    Bedroom 2: SB Touch, AE 2.1. speakers.
    Bedroom 3: Slim Devices SB3 2/2, Edirol MA-15D powered monitors.
    Bathroom: SB Radio 4/4, white, with (and running on) battery.
    Server: LMS v7.9.2 on piCorePlayer on RPi 3.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,597
    Hi,

    check your logfiles !

    btw: Yesterday was M$ Patchday - so check the windowsupdate.log aswell as the server.log from lms.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post
    Hi,

    check your logfiles !

    btw: Yesterday was M$ Patchday - so check the windowsupdate.log aswell as the server.log from lms.
    Thanks to the users who responded

    I uninstalled and reinstalled LMS and so far all is well.

    I must admit that I didn't understand the response from DJanGo

    Better that way I think, a little knowledge can be dangerous.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Apesbrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,221
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherbob View Post
    I must admit that I didn't understand the response from DJanGo
    He's saying that Windows Update might have broken something in LMS, but that seems not to be the case. Glad you sorted it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •