Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    I second this recommendation -there's a new Zipp 2 coming out, but as it's airplay 2 compatible it may not work with the airplay bridge.
    Some work was done on the plugin recently to help with devices that support Airplay 2.
    If you have one that did not work then it might be worth trying it again with most recent plugin version.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Sound quality is so subjective .... the Zipp sound is very good IMHO. One advantage is that there's an equalizer function in the app which 'sticks' even when used with LMS airplay. Wifi reach is also excellent.
    Let's see, the AUGUST was okay in terms of bass, but the higher frequencies have been not very clear at all. The sound was more or less a bit "washed".

Wifi is no problem at all, I got an AP in between the basement and ground floor, one in between the ground & first floor and one in the courtyard. All of them build one huge mesh-network.
    If there is one thing good, it is wifi in my house :-)
    But these AP's have been more expensive each than the libratone Zipp (Sophos AP55, Sophos AP55C and Sophos AP15) when I bought them.

I started using the LMS for certain reasons:

1. Price: I'm running a 24/7 W2012 server, so why go with expensive Sonos stuff?
    2. Existing devices: I got a 5.1 speaker-system in my living-room, why add one speaker more which only can be worse in terms of sound?
    3. Freedom: The LMS is so flexible, why add constraints from stuff like Sophos & friends when I can do whatever I want?
    4. Existing music: I got ~15.000 songs on my server, why just mostly stuck with radio-streaming when I also can make these available too?

In my bathroom there are already speakers in the ceiling, I also got a "Gira RDS radio" with line-in, I will just connect one PiZero W with the PhatDac. Beside this, the radio is quite bad - I only receive two channels in the bathroom...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Some work was done on the plugin recently to help with devices that support Airplay 2.
    If you have one that did not work then it might be worth trying it again with most recent plugin version.
    Still no luck with Sonos Beam ...
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Home Mini, Pioneer WX-SMA1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still no luck with Sonos Beam ...
    It's AirPlay2 only. The modification I've made are to support AirPlay devices that support AirPlay2 as well
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5