Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Classic V3 parts

Not sure where to post - I'm looking for SB classic v3 parts, more precisely the CPU board. I realize I have little chance to find one, but posting just in case.
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2018-10-09 at 10:47.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Are you going to try and rebuild a SB3? I have a "dead" SB3 ; well it got to the point where it was re-booting every 10 seconds. If you have any ideas how to fix this problem, I might send you this "dead" one in exchange for your fixing my other SB3 which is also starting to re-boot randomly. I figure if you want, and can work with a SB3 CPU board, you probably know how to replace capacitors...

Any ideas on how to fix these re-booting problems? I have multiple Power Supplies, have tried swapping PS, but no fix. Also tried a new wifi card, tried connecting to Ethernet with wifi card removed. Still reboots .

[IMG]Squeezebox by
    ps. I don't know where in Canada you are Philippe, but I will hazard a guess, Quebec. I am just across the border in Northern Vermont, near Sutton. Easy for me to mail stuff from Sutton..
    Last edited by chamonix; 2018-10-16 at 08:53.

Quote Originally Posted by chamonix View Post
    Are you going to try and rebuild a SB3? I have a "dead" SB3 ; well it got to the point where it was re-booting every 10 seconds. If you have any ideas how to fix this problem, I might send you this "dead" one in exchange for your fixing my other SB3 which is also starting to re-boot randomly. I figure if you want, and can work with a SB3 CPU board, you probably know how to replace capacitors...

Any ideas on how to fix these re-booting problems? I have multiple Power Supplies, have tried swapping PS, but no fix. Also tried a new wifi card, tried connecting to Ethernet with wifi card removed. Still reboots .

[IMG]Squeezebox by
    ps. I don't know where in Canada you are Philippe, but I will hazard a guess, Quebec. I am just across the border in Northern Vermont, near Sutton. Easy for me to mail stuff from Sutton..
    Sorry, I missed that message. I'd be happy to try to work on these SB and if we can at least get 2 out of our 3. As I said in another thread, I did a stupid mistake with mine and I'm beating myself for that one, I'm usually much more careful. I don't know yet how to fix such reboot issue, but I'll do a proper investigation "next time". Unfortunately, I'm living on the west coast (not so many French-speaking over there ), so I'll leave it to you to decide what you want to do. I'll pay for shipment if you want to
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2018-10-18 at 12:12.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Phillippe

So you are on the West Coast in Canada. Tell you what. I will ship you one of these two , constantly re-booting SB3 devices. I will mail it from Sutton , Quebec so no customs hassles. If you can get one working (ie not rebooting constantly), and can figure out a reliable repair, I will send you the second one to repair for me You get to keep the first one..Both of these original SB3s I brought new in 2006. Before Logitech took over Slim Designs.

Sound like a plan? Do you need the accessories, PS? I would rather just ship the basic unit, as you already have a "dead" one for PS and remote.
    PM me...

Just tried to answer your PM. Your in box is full..
    Last edited by chamonix; 2018-10-18 at 18:54.

Phillippe

So you are on the West Coast in Canada. Tell you what. I will ship you one of these two , constantly re-booting SB3 devices. I will mail it from Sutton , Quebec so no customs hassles. If you can get one working (ie not rebooting constantly), and can figure out a reliable repair, I will send you the second one to repair for me You get to keep the first one..Both of these SB3s I brought new in 2006. Before Logitech took over Slim Designs.

Sound like a plan? Do you need the accessories, PS? I would rather just ship the basic unit, as you already have a "dead" one for PS and remote.
    PM me...
    Sounds good. I don't need any accessory. I'll PM you details

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Sounds good. I don't need any accessory. I'll PM you details

Your in box is full.

Your in box is full.
    I saw that, just emptied it a few minutes ago