Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

HiFiBerry Amp2 + piCorePlayer pCP4.0.0 sounds amazing!

I know a little late to the party but wanted to share my experience with the hifiberry AMP 2.
    In short it sounds amazing!

I'm using Squeezelite via the always fantastic piCorePlayer pCP4.0.0 Experimental RealTime Kernel running on a pi3.
    iPeng
    External 18V DC 3A power supply from Amazon http://a.co/d/23xxwkb
    atm driving a pr of Dynaudio Excite X18's 86dB (2,83V / 1m) 4 Ohms https://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/excite/x18
    Room is modest 14'x20'x10', leans toward being lively-hardwood floors, fair amount of windows.
    I sit about 15' away.

Overall the sound is very good.
    Listened to a wide range of music, classical, classic rock, edm...
    Neutral tonality with excellent transparency.
    I can easily hear the difference between Spotify, Tidal and high-bit rate files.
    Plenty of power for me, I don't listen that loud, max 90dB at my main listing position.

Does it sound as good as my big rig? No
    But for the room and the speakers its an excellent match.
    If you add in the fact that the total cost is less than $150 it's a ridiculous bargain.

Any questions, comments etc. please let me know.

TL
    Last edited by trans_lux; 2018-10-07 at 19:42.

Sorry should have put this under hardware, mods please move...

I presume you don't include the cost of the speakers in your "total cost is less than $150" or you need to tell us where you acquired the speakers. ;-)
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    I presume you don't include the cost of the speakers in your "total cost is less than $150" or you need to tell us where you acquired the speakers. ;-)
    Ha! Well yes speakers, stands and cables not included in the cost.

Using the combo in the kitchen with a pair of garage sale bookshelf speakers I got for $20. Full kitchen setup, under $150, including the celebratory beer.