Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SamS View Post
    I saw your instructions for checking the output.ana info, but I'm not sure where I should be running the command 'flac -a Song.flac'? I'm using a Mac, if that matters. Happy to check these files and report back, if you could provide this last bit of guidance. Thanks.
    Flac is a executable on the same system as the LMS. You can find it in the LMS Bin directory - the right subdirectory will depend on your OS (see Web GUI Setting/Information tab "Helper Applications Folder")

run the4 command from a command line (i.e. shell in Linux, Terminal in OSX, command prompt in Windows)

If you buy from HDTracks, it is worth the money to buy DBPoweramp.

Everytime my Transporter chokes on a 24-bit stream, it is one from HDTracks. Incompatible FLAC format and/or compression rate. Re-encode it through DBPoweramp and problem solved.

It will also downsample a 192 khz purchase down to a Transporter-friendly 96 khz, or downsample and convert 24-bits so it is usable in iTunes’ World, where the iPods in our vehicles live.

Another transcoding software option is XLD for Mac

OP could try XLD (X Lossless Decoder) for Mac - itĺs free and has all the transcoding options one may need. https://sourceforge.net/projects/xld/

No need to buy dbpoweramp

I have and use both. Both are good. XLD iis not always as good at tag preservation as dbpoweramp is, especially during format conversions. With XLD, I find myself having to use Kid3 more often to clean up tags. Thatĺs why I recommend dbpoweramp first. As always, you get what you pay for. But for free, you simply cannot beat XLD.

Plus dBpoweramp has a great user forum if you ever need any help with great support from the development team. Plus dBPoweramp runs on MacOS and Windows.

I think it's worth the very low cost.