X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • squeezebox@visuel.nl
    • Oct 2018

Loop through all my screensavers that are in the "music now" list

Hi All,

Only since yesterday I am using PiCorePlayer 4.0 on a Raspberry Pi 3. (Never used picoreplayer before)

I am still trying to find my way in the squeeze-lite, jive-lite and other components,
    but I managed to get my player running with a Digiberry DAC and Video output to my TV.
    My LMS server runs on a Synology at the moment.

A couple of years ago I owned a SqueezeBox Classic and with the SaverSwitcher plugin I was able to let the screensavers cycle every other minute or so during the music playing.

I do see that when I now send a "now playing" to the player, the screensaver changes to the next one in the list.

The question is: Would it be possible to let the screensavers cycle automagically, or is this not possible?

Maybe someone can push me in the correct direction or give me a hint?

Kind regards,

Victor
  • Paul Webster
    • Apr 2005

I see SaverSwitcher in the list of available 3rd-party plugins.
    Did you install and try it on your new pCP installation?
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• squeezebox@visuel.nl
      • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Paul Webster
      I see SaverSwitcher in the list of available 3rd-party plugins.
      Did you install and try it on your new pCP installation?
      Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Initially I started with the install of the SaverSwitcher plugin on the SqueezeBox Server (other machine, synology).

And I did not see any (configuration-) menus appear.

Then I thought it was because of the fact that I am using the piCorePlayer, and that this player does not work with plugins installed on the server because it is on 3rd party hardware.
      (It used to work on my SqueezeBox though)

Is it possible to install plugins on the piCorePlayer directly or any other way?

Forgive me my ignorance, I still have not had the time to look at the code and/or the forum.

Comment

• Paul Webster
        • Apr 2005

Ah - I had assumed you were running LMS on pCP.

I have not used that particular screensaver.
        You could try enabling loggins (Settings/Advanced/Logging) in LMS for that plugin to see what it generates.
        pCP as a player is somewhat like a Squeezebox Touch ... so does that screensaver work for one of those?
        Paul Webster
        Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
        and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• bpa
          • Oct 2005

For older players such as SB 3 , Trasnproter , Boom etc - LMS could control the screensaver on a player.

IIRC For Squeezeplay type players- screensavers are local to player and LMS cannot change anything on the player. You would need an Squeezeplay Applet to vary screensaver, screen layout or other squeezeplay local actions.

Comment

• squeezebox@visuel.nl
            • Oct 2018

Originally posted by bpa
            For older players such as SB 3 , Trasnproter , Boom etc - LMS could control the screensaver on a player.

IIRC For Squeezeplay type players- screensavers are local to player and LMS cannot change anything on the player. You would need an Squeezeplay Applet to vary screensaver, screen layout or other squeezeplay local actions.

Thank you for your information.

I will start reading about Squeezeplay Applets and see how far I can go.....

Comment

• bpa
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by [email protected]
              Thank you for your information.

I will start reading about Squeezeplay Applets and see how far I can go.....

This is an old applet but seem to do what scrrenwsircher did - not sure if it still works.

Custom Clock used with I think Super Date Time is another favorite Touchh screen

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ll-Screensaver I th
              Last edited by bpa; 2018-10-03, 11:52.

Comment

Working...