Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    If I lived in Germany, I'd send my Boom to JoeMuc2009 who's on this forum.

It's a great option if you live nearby or in Europe.

Who knows, you may be nearby.

Best

David

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by johnieutah View Post
    Will try and get my hands on a multi meter and test it.
    If it is the psu is it best to replace with an original or is there a cheaper alternative that is just as good?

If it’s not the psu, has any one had any experience with Teufel/Raumfeld products? They seem to be popular here in Germany and the older models appear to offer dlna, nas playback as well as supporting chrome cast.

Check out here, they appear to be still available

https://support.logitech.com/de_de/parts#5main-a

you can use your old face-plate if you wish

Quote Originally Posted by cdmackay View Post
    you may need to test it under load, of course, not just open circuit.
    Probably a stupid question, but how would I go about testing this? I know the basics of a multi-meter but after that my knowledge drops off a cliff

Probably a stupid question, but how would I go about testing this? I know the basics of a multi-meter but after that my knowledge drops off a cliff
    The reason for doing this is that if you only measure output from the PSU using a multimeter it isn't supplying any current, it's quite common for PSUs to produce a reasonable voltage until they have to drive anything.
    The most realistic load for the PSU is of course to have it connected to the Boom, you won't be able to access the terminals in the connector so you would have to figure out some other way to measure the voltage, I would disassemble the Boom and measure where the input jack is soldered to the circuit board.

Audio Pro C5 is the best replacement I found so far. It has hard preset buttons, dlna, airplay, Spotify connect and mulitroom.

If you run LMS you can you use it as a SB with the excellent AirPlay bridge plugin.

Oh! And it sound at least as good as the Boom.

No, I don't work for AP.
    Last edited by bernt; 2018-10-02 at 00:03.
    SB Touch optical to Hegel H90, Speakers Larsen 4.2
    Spare SB3
    AirPlay Bridge to Audio Pro A10
    Squeezelite-x connected to home LMS with Neorouter.
    SB Radio
    ReadyNAS 202
    iPeng

I went away for a week at the end of August and unplugged all my electronics (including my Boom) as I normally do. When I came home, I plugged it in, and nothing. Dead.

I saw that the Logitech site (US) under Support, Spare Parts, AC Adaptors, still has Boom power supplies for 20 bucks. I called and they're returnable within 30 days. Nothing to lose.

It came promptly. I opened the package, retrieved the two dagger plug piece from the old one (it came without it), plugged it in, and bingo - resurrection.

Try it. Good luck .

Quote Originally Posted by bernt View Post
    Audio Pro C5 is the best replacement I found so far. It has hard preset buttons, dlna, airplay, Spotify connect and mulitroom.

If you run LMS you can you use it as a SB with the excellent AirPlay bridge plugin.

Oh! And it sound at least as good as the Boom.

No, I don't work for AP.
    Many thanks for the recommendation. Will look in to these further.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodsounds View Post
    I went away for a week at the end of August and unplugged all my electronics (including my Boom) as I normally do. When I came home, I plugged it in, and nothing. Dead.

I saw that the Logitech site (US) under Support, Spare Parts, AC Adaptors, still has Boom power supplies for 20 bucks. I called and they're returnable within 30 days. Nothing to lose.

It came promptly. I opened the package, retrieved the two dagger plug piece from the old one (it came without it), plugged it in, and bingo - resurrection.

Try it. Good luck .
    This is giving me some hope! So you're saying I can order a replacement from Logitech EU and if it doesn't work return it under the 2week returns period? Damn good idea
    I'm guessing the PSU for the Classic and Radio are not in any way compatible with the Boom? (for test purposes).

I'm guessing the PSU for the Classic and Radio are not in any way compatible with the Boom? (for test purposes).
    They are not, the Boom doesn't share PSU with any other SB model.

This is giving me some hope! So you're saying I can order a replacement from Logitech EU and if it doesn't work return it under the 2week returns period? Damn good idea
    Sorry, I hadn't noticed you're in Germany. On the "rest of EU" portion of the website, under Support, Spare Parts, AC Adapter, I saw it's available for 20 Euros.

I'm in the US, I called them first before ordering, just to confirm. Sometimes sellers in the US will have a funky policy "you can return it if the package is unopened" nonsense.

I explained the problem, asked if I could open it and try it, and return it if it didn't work. The answer was - "Yes, of course".

Thank you Logitech, I appreciate it. I'm very happy to have my Boom back in operation.