Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Missing meta data after transcode / download music files to my phone

Hi

All my music on my server is in FLAC format. Some of the files, I'd like to have on my phone as well and I download them with Squeeze Commander. I use some transcoding / downloading function, so the files end up on my phone in MP3 format. This works nicely, but the meta data (artists, albums, etc) is missing.

I don't know, whether this is something to address on the server side, as I think the transcoding is done there. Does anybody know a solution?

It might well be, that the transcoding is done for streaming and the meta data is not needed for this.

Thanks for any help, andifor

adding meta tag data transcode

You can use this solution:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post896614

Greetings

Hardware: 1 Touch,3 Radio,1 Boom,1 SB3, PiCorePlayer
    Players Software: squeezelite
    Steuerung: Squeeze Comander
    Plugins:"SpiceFly; Custom Browse, TrackStat; Custom Scan; MusicInfoSCR; LazySearch 2, JustCovers,PlayHLS with Dreambox extension, and more.

LMS 7.9.2 WINDOWS 10 1903 64Bit &MusicIP Server

Quote Originally Posted by squeezebox_Fan View Post
    You can use this solution:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post896614

Greetings
    Well, thanks for the reply. But can I somehow integrate this on my server, so the download calls use this automatically? I have no clue about the architecture of LMS / Squeezebox server :-/

Quote Originally Posted by andifor View Post
    Well, thanks for the reply. But can I somehow integrate this on my server, so the download calls use this automatically? I have no clue about the architecture of LMS / Squeezebox server :-/
    You don't say how you are Downloading the files - within Squeeze Commander itself ? If so the question needs directing to the author of that software.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    You don't say how you are Downloading the files - within Squeeze Commander itself ? If so the question needs directing to the author of that software.
    Well, I wrote: "... and I download them with Squeeze Commander." So yes, I hit the download command in Squeeze Commander. And Squeeze Commander is abandoned since a couple of years. If some alternative Android App does the trick, I'm happy to use it (at least for the download task, probably not for the daily operation).