Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rmgalley View Post
    The generated log file contains 7 ‘Redirecting to https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/a-z/by/a/player.json’ requests before finally a ‘Failed to connect to http://www.bbc.co.uk:80/programmes/a-z/by/a/player.json (Redirection limit exceeded)’ line. You surmised correctly the cause of the failure to connect to the BBC iPlayer Extras content. This had not been a problem until about a week ago. The log file is attached.
    I'll look a log file later (other BBC problems have taken up a lot of my time).

I have tested 7.7.5 and got no "redirection" problem with Perl 5.22 - I think full support of redirection requires a minimum level of Perl library. What version of Perl have you got installed ? If it older than 5.14.2 - then I think libraries may be too old.

The Extra "redirection" problem is a bit academic now since BBCiPlayer is working again - ensure you have V1.6.0 installed.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The Extra "redirection" problem is a bit academic now since BBCiPlayer is working again - ensure you have V1.6.0 installed.
    Hi, thanks bpa,

I am much indebted to you for your time and expertise, as are so many others, including thanks to mrw for his/her sleuthing.

Just before hitting the sack last night I noticed v1.6.0 was being offered. I first verified it installed and worked as expected on the main Windows 7 PC then installed the new plug-in on the NAS. It was late and I didn't spent too much time evaluating but AFAICT functionality in all areas has been restored. Everything worked and there were no 'redirection' error messages.

Thank you so much once again.

Heavy buffering and couldn't resolve IP address

This morning my SB Radio was buffering more than 50% of the time. Later, my SB Classic was doing the same and managed a 6 minute delay in under 15 minutes of listening.

I presumed this was an internet or server problem, however, the server worked normally when I sent/grabbed files to/from it (using Shares), and it sent music to my SB Classic in under a second after clicking on the Music Folder in the PC GUI.

Clicking on BBCiPlayer it serves up the menu like lightening, then goes in to “Listen Live” straight away, but just hunts when I click on a radio station. It then hangs and won’t allow me to go back. Clicking on internet radio has the same issue. If I reboot LMS I go back to the same lightening response until I click on the radio station. The lower bandwidth “non-UK” option in BBCiPlayer behaves the same.

Switching the Classic to mysqueezebox.com serves up stations almost instantly.

Finally, trying SqueezePlay on my PC I got “couldn't resolve IP address for www.BBC.co.uk” (earlier it played in sync with the Classic but with massive buffering).

Is anyone able to identify what is going on here and why this morning I got heavy-duty buffering and now I have an unresolved IP address?

BTW, I do get heavy buffering every now and again and I presumed it was my ISP or interference on my HomePlugs (from the router to the server). Now I wonder whether the problem isn’t elsewhere.
    Rock 64, 1Gb DRAM, Open Media Vault (OMV)/Debian 4.1.19-1 (Arrakis), Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1571644358

Squeezebox Classic
    Squeezebox Duet
    Squeezebox Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Shellness View Post
    Finally, trying SqueezePlay on my PC I got “couldn't resolve IP address for www.BBC.co.uk” (earlier it played in sync with the Classic but with massive buffering).
    The "Couldn't resolve" message usually means either bad network connection or configured DNS server is having problems or destinmation is broken.

Any message in server.log ?

Maybe related to Amazon DNS which were under a cyber attack or had problems this morning see https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/10/22/aws_dns_ddos/

Thanks for the comments.

I’m not sure how to get at the log file. Separately I ran the server’s firstaid command to see if it could resolve any network issues (if that was the cause) and the server is not visible. I’ll see if it will play ball tomorrow.
    Rock 64, 1Gb DRAM, Open Media Vault (OMV)/Debian 4.1.19-1 (Arrakis), Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1571644358

Squeezebox Classic
    Squeezebox Duet
    Squeezebox Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Shellness View Post
    I’m not sure how to get at the log file.
    LMS WebUI / Settings/Information

Check whether your DNS server is working (also good idea to find out who your DNS server belongs to via the DNS server IP address)

All clear

Thank you, BPA.

The radio started behaving itself yesterday and today is spot-on; speedy connection and no buffering.

Looking at the log it is full of connection failures (for the record a few examples are below).

On the DNS server, I don't know where this is. If it is in my router this says "The DNS configuration happens automatically when you connect to the network. Alternatively, you can manually configure your own DNS settings." Mine is set to Automatic. It's interesting that my email and browsing were unaffected.

So all is well now and I have no idea of the cause.

Thanks for your responses.

[19-10-23 11:25:06.9459] Plugins::BBCiPlayer:ASH::__ANON__ (788) Chunk fetch status 200 Long chunk fetch time 1201 800
    [19-10-23 11:26:26.3430] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::Players::_player s_error (378) Unable to get players from SN: Connect timed out: Resource temporarily unavailable, retrying in 900 seconds

[19-10-23 12:36:20.1346] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (213) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC data while playing so try fetching again
    [19-10-23 13:31:39.0027] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (188) error fetching BBCOnAir data while playing so try fetching again
    [19-10-23 13:54:56.6698] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::Players::_player s_error (378) Unable to get players from SN: Connect timed out: Resource temporarily unavailable, retrying in 900 seconds
    [19-10-23 13:55:17.5274] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (213) error fetching RadioPlayer BBC data while playing so try fetching again

[19-10-23 14:06:25.7542] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::BBCOnAir::__ANON__ (188) error fetching BBCOnAir data while playing so try fetching again
    [19-10-23 14:06:25.7987] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_error (497) Unable to login to SN: Couldn't resolve IP address for: www.mysqueezebox.com

Couldn't resolve IP address for: opml.radiotime.com
    [19-10-23 17:22:03.0194] Slim::Plugin::InternetRadio::Plugin::_gotRadioErro r (72) Unable to retrieve radio directory from SN: Couldn't resolve IP address for: opml.radiotime.com

Squeezebox Classic
    Squeezebox Duet
    Squeezebox Radio

Don't know if this will help but I've just had similar issues - that I pretty knowingly created for myself. I write just to suggest you might have the same issue.

So squeezebox radios could connect to LMS (running on a RPi) and play my library, and to mySB to stream radio stations. Could not however play any radio stations while connected to LMS.

Reason was DNS resolver setting on the Raspberry Pi, these were set to use a box on my network that no longer did DNS resolution. Changed the servers to my ISP's and OpenDNS's DNS servers, and all was good.

The trick was that the radios appeared to otherwise work. It was just radio streaming while connected to LMS that didn't.