Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rmgalley View Post
    The generated log file contains 7 ‘Redirecting to https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/a-z/by/a/player.json’ requests before finally a ‘Failed to connect to http://www.bbc.co.uk:80/programmes/a-z/by/a/player.json (Redirection limit exceeded)’ line. You surmised correctly the cause of the failure to connect to the BBC iPlayer Extras content. This had not been a problem until about a week ago. The log file is attached.
    I'll look a log file later (other BBC problems have taken up a lot of my time).

I have tested 7.7.5 and got no "redirection" problem with Perl 5.22 - I think full support of redirection requires a minimum level of Perl library. What version of Perl have you got installed ? If it older than 5.14.2 - then I think libraries may be too old.

The Extra "redirection" problem is a bit academic now since BBCiPlayer is working again - ensure you have V1.6.0 installed.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The Extra "redirection" problem is a bit academic now since BBCiPlayer is working again - ensure you have V1.6.0 installed.
    Hi, thanks bpa,

I am much indebted to you for your time and expertise, as are so many others, including thanks to mrw for his/her sleuthing.

Just before hitting the sack last night I noticed v1.6.0 was being offered. I first verified it installed and worked as expected on the main Windows 7 PC then installed the new plug-in on the NAS. It was late and I didn't spent too much time evaluating but AFAICT functionality in all areas has been restored. Everything worked and there were no 'redirection' error messages.

Thank you so much once again.