Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

piCorePlayer LMS + ickstream + TIDAL?

Should I expect this to work?

I have installed the ickstream plugin on LMS running on piCorePlayer, and attempted to use TIDAL, but I'm getting the 'no content' response, as though I'm attempting to use it 'remote'.
    Living room: SB Touch, with coax to: Marantz PM7005, TDL RTL3 speakers.
    Dining room: SB Boom.
    Kitchen: SB Radio 1/4 with battery.
    Bedroom 1: SB Radio 2/4 no battery, SB Radio 3/4 with battery.
    Bedroom 2: SB3 1/2, AE 2.1. speakers.
    Bedroom 3: Slim Devices SB3 2/2, Edirol MA-15D powered monitors.
    Bathroom: SB Radio 4/4, white, with (and running on) battery.
    Server: LMS v7.9.1 on WSE 2012 R2, HP Proliant Gen8 G1610T, 2.3GHz, 8GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Furry View Post
    Should I expect this to work?

I have installed the ickstream plugin on LMS running on piCorePlayer, and attempted to use TIDAL, but I'm getting the 'no content' response, as though I'm attempting to use it 'remote'.
    Any special reason you want to use Tidal via ickstream instead of using the "native support"?
    [ Disclaimer: I don't really know anything about piCorePlayerb and if it is because a restriction when using that? ]
    /Stig
    rockland.dk - last.fm/user/rockland - discogs.com/user/StigNygaard - plus.google.com/+StigNygaard
    Server: LMS 7.9.2 (LmsUpdate) - 0012.1536072399 @ Tue Sep 4 2018 on Synology DS716+II. Clients: RPi3 (Max2Play, 7" touch, HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro), SB Touch, OrangeSqueeze/SqueezePlayer. Livingroom HiFi: Marantz PM6005 and F3/Lyd Audiovector 2.

Try my Art Grabr for fetching big cover-art from various sites - And Album Linkr for a better last.fm desktop browser experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Stig Nygaard View Post
    Any special reason you want to use Tidal via ickstream instead of using the "native support"?
    I was thinking to avoid the swapping over to mysqueezebox.com (away from the local server) as my Touch does when I select 'native support' Tidal, hence why I've been trying ickstream (again; I first tried it some time ago).

However, I'm now doubting what I've written above because, when using 'native support' TIDAL on piCorePlayer, this doesn't appear to happen; it doesn't appear to 'switch' to mysqueezebox.com it seems more seamless / integrated.

Also, I notice that using Squeezepad remote control, with piCorePlayer + piCorePlayer LMS, actually does work, whereas I'm pretty sure that it doesn't with Touch + Windows LMS (get the 'no content' message, and instead have to use the Touch's actual IR remote control).

Maybe this is just to do with Squeezelite/Jivelite working differently?

Quote Originally Posted by Furry View Post
    I was thinking to avoid the swapping over to mysqueezebox.com (away from the local server) as my Touch does when I select 'native support' Tidal,
    I don't remember that being a problem when trying TIDAL in a trial period on my Touch a couple of years ago. But I might not remember it correctly. It was only a short period. Don't currently use TIDAL myself.
    /Stig
    rockland.dk - last.fm/user/rockland - discogs.com/user/StigNygaard - plus.google.com/+StigNygaard
    Server: LMS 7.9.2 (LmsUpdate) - 0012.1536072399 @ Tue Sep 4 2018 on Synology DS716+II. Clients: RPi3 (Max2Play, 7" touch, HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro), SB Touch, OrangeSqueeze/SqueezePlayer. Livingroom HiFi: Marantz PM6005 and F3/Lyd Audiovector 2.

Try my Art Grabr for fetching big cover-art from various sites - And Album Linkr for a better last.fm desktop browser experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Stig Nygaard View Post
    Don't currently use TIDAL myself.
    I'm just giving it another go, on a 30 day trial subscription, mainly to try out the hi-res streaming.

I've been using Qobuz for some time, but TIDAL do hi-res for the same price as Qobuz charge per month; Qobuz charge another 50% for hi-res streaming.

However, TIDAL hi-res is only via desktop app, which is not for me (Windows too busy screwing things up).

I did also try Audirvana (I think it's called), however I'm not impressed; it's glitchy and a bit crude.

At least the TIDAL desktop app does work, though, whereas the Qobuz one doesn't, at least not on my laptop - it's necessary to use the web interface from a desktop.