Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

BT Hub stopping my ipad accessing LMS

Hello

I control my music from Squeezepad on an ipad. The ipad can join two networks -- a BT hub and one from a Netgear wireless access point. If it has joined the Netgear network, everything's fine. However if it has joined the BT hub network, I cannot access LMS -- I do have internet though.

I would prefer to be connected to the BT hub because it's faster in my listening room. Anyway things are clearly not right.

Suggestions appreciated!

The server is on a computer running windows 10, it is 7.9.2.
    The (very old!) Netgear product is here https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WG103.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by mandryka View Post
    I would prefer to be connected to the BT hub because it's faster in my listening room. Anyway things are clearly not right.

Suggestions appreciated!
    you need to add some more info..

it "seems" your running two networks - both have a route to the internet but the bluetooth didnt have a route to your local lan ->your netgear router.
    You need to add routings from the bt to the lan and vive versa from lan to bt.

Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post
    you need to add some more info..

it "seems" your running two networks - both have a route to the internet but the bluetooth didnt have a route to your local lan ->your netgear router.
    You need to add routings from the bt to the lan and vive versa from lan to bt.
    BT is an abreviation of British Telecom an ISP in the UK

I'm suspecting the Netgear is plugged into the BT Superhub so he has double NATting/Masquerading

EDIT: Could be "Network Isolation" you could try turning this off on the BT router

EDIT2 : Forget the NAT/MASQ thing try the network isolation
    Last edited by Jeff07971; 2018-09-06 at 15:09.
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7.5 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U2 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Reinstalling the server solved the problem!

There's something strange going on because although reinstalling the server worked for a day, the problem has just come back. I wonder if the issue is to do with the 7.9.2.

When I reinstall the server I get a message saying it could not delete icut461.dat. If I abort the installation and then try again, it works.