Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Is that just for LMS to make calls to the internet? When he was trying to configure pCP for a proxy server, I assumed he meant players.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Oeps, sorry. No just for LMS. It's one pi with combined LMS and player.

So with proxy filled in at lms setup music will probably play but unable to update pcp or lms, right?
    So how to set a proxy for the pcp network configuration?
    Last edited by edwin2006; 2018-09-05 at 21:50.
    SqueezeBoxes: 2x SB2 (Living room and study), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Bedroom)
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, D-Link Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

No suggestion?
    SqueezeBoxes: 2x SB2 (Living room and study), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Bedroom)

No idea what you are asking. Just set it up, and if it doesnĺt work look at the logs.

Yes, I will.
    Question is how to add proxy setting to pcp so update pcp & lms will work. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    Yes, I will.
    Question is how to add proxy setting to pcp so update pcp & lms will work. That's all.
    As I said before, pCP itself doesn't allow for proxy servers. You have to add the proxy info to your LMS interface on pCP.

Sorry for my misunderstanding.
    Will try and see what happens.
    If pcp and/or lms update fails I take the pcp temporarily to another network.

Hi Edwin2006

Directing all request through a proxy is not an easy task.
    Most command in Linux do lookup the variables for system wide redirection, but not all.
    I assume , from paul- his answer, this has never been tested in the PCP development, and it is indeed a rare use case.
    If you really need your PCP to do all through a proxy you are setting yourself up for an adventure.
    It will be one where you need to educate yourself a bit and are leaving the paved PCP path.
    Probably you are the first one to attempt it, and only a few will follow you .

I would advise to firewall the pi with a separate firewall device and use its logs to verify all requests are either direct or to the proxy.
    Access to the proxy logs are also recommended to see all teh request are understood and executed.
    And remember, pcp and its picore sibling are tweaked to be small and lean. So though they are linux, it isn't a full desktop distro that offers full functionality for almost every invented setup. To my knowledge all in PCP is written in readable scripts and thus you can debug each one for your connection. But with extension modules, there will always be parts left untested.

See: https://unix.stackexchange.com/quest...a-proxy-server
    for a few quick first steps on your trial.
    Please leave a post if you manage to get it running. Although your specific setup is rare, you are never the only one.

Regards M-H
    Pi based multi-room audio system powered by PiCorePlayer(s):
    Pi3B with Phat-dac in a Rasptouch, 2 pi B+ with Cirrus Logic Audio Card, Pi Zero with Phat-beat , and a few other tests...