Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The discovery request starts with "e" - if there is a just an "e" then you get the short reply. IF the discovery packet has TLV fields which request additionainfo I think reply will havre it.

I looked in a very old Squeezeplay source I had and this is the Discovery packet being used - not a simple "e"
    Code:
    -- a ltn12 source that crafts a datagram suitable to discover SqueezeCenters
    local function _slimDiscoverySource()
    	return table.concat {
    		"e",                                                           -- new discovery packet
    		'IPAD', string.char(0x00),                                     -- request IP address of server
    		'NAME', string.char(0x00),                                     -- request Name of server
    		'JSON', string.char(0x00),                                     -- request JSONRPC port 
    		'VERS', string.char(0x00),                                     -- request version 
    		'UUID', string.char(0x00),                                     -- request uuid
    		'JVID', string.char(0x06, 0x12, 0x34, 0x56, 0x78, 0x12, 0x34), -- My ID - FIXME mac of no use!
    	}
    end
    edit:

Useing 2 types of discovery (and one being conbfigurable) allows for support of older players and newer special players.

I did a test on a squeezelite - I change the

Code:
    	buf = "e";
    to
    Code:
    	buf = "eCLIP\0";
    and the length in the sendto to 11 and LMS seems ot be replying with port number.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I did a test on a squeezelite - I change the

Code:
    	buf = "e";
    to
    Code:
    	buf = "eCLIP\0";
    and the length in the sendto to 11 and LMS seems ot be replying with port number.
    Thanks very much @bpa. I'm embarassed I did not look enough into the server code, especially knowing that I was already sending an "eVERS\0JSON\0" string to get extra information, but I totally missed that the CLI plugin was adding CLIP. Works now!
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2018-09-03 at 12:11.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

how to get CLI port

> Thanks very much @bpa. I'm embarassed

I feel you :-D... There are parts in this code some of definitely know
    better than I do!

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post

better than I do!
    A few years ago, I wandered around the discovery and slimproto code as I prototyped an SB player in Javascript/HTML5 audio/websockets as a possibility of a web based player and/or a native Chromecast player.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post

better than I do!

--

Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    A few years ago, I wandered around the discovery and slimproto code as I prototyped an SB player in Javascript/HTML5 audio/websockets as a possibility of a web based player and/or a native Chromecast player.
    Thanks to both of you - such a great community
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5