Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Because of a problem with my main LMS server unit, I built a pi-3B+ running picoreplayer (ver 4.1.0). I have attached a USB 3 portable drive. I have about 100,000 tracks, mostly FLAC, some mp3 or m4a. Mostly 16/44.1 files with a handful of 24/96 files.

My observation is that the pi does a great job running LMS. No problem with serving files, including to two or three synched players. I expected this part would be fine. I assumed that the browsing and searching would be very slow. But for browsing I find it very snappy (within album artist or within album, for example). And even searching seems relatively fast. This surprises me.

Great job! (2nd donation just made). Am I just lucky or can this little pi really function well as a server with a 100k+ library. (I recall starting my squeezebox journey with squeezeserver running on a ReadyNas Duo (v1) and it was painful to browse on even a 40k library).
    I have piCorePlayer running on a Rasp Pi 3. I have LMS running on it, I also have a 500GB USB SSD drive connected that is SAMBA served. I use dbPowerAmp on my Windows PC to rip CDs to the SSD on the RPI and the RPI has a Allo Spdif board on it that feeds a DAC. It also acts via the network as a server to another RPI with an Allo Spdif board (no disk) that feeds it music file remotely. The music on both systems sounds awesome and the system is super snappy, I don't see a difference in the system with the disk locally attached or remotely with the system attached via a wireless network.

I ordered a RPI 4 and am waiting for piCorePlayer to officially support the RPI 4 as I want to add disk mirroring to the system that has the SSD mounted on it for reliability. SSDs are reliable but I would hate to have to rip all those CDs again. I also want to add a built in display for the system with the disks that has a touch screen. I need the extra memory of the RPI 4 to do all of that but I am super satisfied with the setup. The only glitch that I have is that if my wireless goes down the remote system gets a little confused sometimes even the local RPI but its not to hard to reset. Good luck with your setup, I really love piCorePlayer and can't wait for it to be ported to the RPI 4. Regards

pCP 6 supports it. It's technically a beta, but it's pretty stable.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...-0-PI4-support
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

352.8 khz

Hi, does piCorePlayer 5.0 support 352.8 khz and 384 khz over i2s? I have a rpi 3b with a kali reclocker connected to an audio-gd r8 dac and when I play a 352.8 khz flac file sox gets used and it consumes about 25% cpu, I'm assuming sox is resampling because 192 khz flac files playback without sox, flac is set to native.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guzz46 View Post
    Hi, does piCorePlayer 5.0 support 352.8 khz and 384 khz over i2s? I have a rpi 3b with a kali reclocker connected to an audio-gd r8 dac and when I play a 352.8 khz flac file sox gets used and it consumes about 25% cpu, I'm assuming sox is resampling because 192 khz flac files playback without sox, flac is set to native.

Thanks
    The onboard RPi i2s hardware only supports 192k. You would have to do USB to get those rates, and it can be very difficult with the RPI USB weakness.

The PI4 has better chances with the USB

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    The onboard RPi i2s hardware only supports 192k. You would have to do USB to get those rates, and it can be very difficult with the RPI USB weakness.

The PI4 has better chances with the USB
    Ok, I was using rune 5 beta before piCore and it played the 352.8 khz file fine, at least mpd indicated it was playing it without any resampling, they said they patched the kernel to allow 384 khz support, on the other hand I couldn't tell any difference between native 352.8 and resampled 352.8 so maybe I should just convert them to 192 khz and same some space.

Thanks

I also am trying to find a place to report a bug (problem?)

Quote Originally Posted by foxwelljsly View Post
    Hi All,

Firstly, apologies if this is the wrong place for reporting this.

Please can someone advise the formal process for bug reporting on PIcorelayer?

I am running PCP 4.1 and still have an issue with using PCP to play ALAC files natively from LMS. PCP/FFMPEG appears to be incorrectly identifying some ALAC audio files as an unknown video file type due, I assume, to some issue with embedded artwork.

The files play fine in KODI, Plex & iTunes. They also stream fine to PCP in PCM & FLAC via the LMS decoder - however this is not ideal as both stereaming options are lower res than many of my files.

Is there a public defect log for this kind of thing?

happy to share logs and so on to get this looked into.

cheers
    I have a bug or problem with 4, 5, 6. using a rasberry pi zero W with a Google voicehat version 2.

With piCorePlayer there is no sound output at the headphone jack or the speaker. alsamixer reports no controls for the voicehat.

With Raspbian Lite + Squezelite I get output from the headphone jack and the speaker. alsamixer reports many google voicehat options.

I have found mention of people getting the voicehat to work but not any mention of which version of the hat, version 1 or version 2.

has any one had a problem with version2 and found a way to fix it?

Thanks for any ideas
    Greg Frye

Ask for help in the appropriate thread for the version of pCP. If you select it in the drop down on the squeezelite page, then. It should work. We use the same drivers as Raspbian.

If it’s not working start by posting some debug info. Start by posting what is listed when you Expand the more> by the output setting for squeezelite.
    Last edited by paul-; 2020-02-02 at 18:48.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Ask for help in the appropriate thread for the version of pCP. If you select it in the drop down on the squeezelite page, then. It should work. We use the same drivers as Raspbian.

If itĺs not working start by posting some debug info. Start by posting what is listed when you Expand the more> by the output setting for squeezelite.
    Thanks Paul

I will get the info and post it to thePCP 5.0 thread.